Weird feeling the Bills are going to win this week

DPR4444

I have a weird feeling the Bills are going to win this week. Stop snickering - let me explain.

I have this theory that with all the parity in the league, there are truly only a few really good teams at any one time [let’s say Philly and Seattle right now] and a few really bad teams [sF, Miami]. The rest of the teams are muddled in the middle, ala the famous Bell curve. Thus, although their records don’t reflect it at the moment, in theory there isn’t that great a difference between the Jets or the Bills or any of the other teams in vast midrange.

Hey, I took Statistical Theory 101 about 20 years ago, and I’m pretty confident that it hasn’t changed much since then. Or maybe I'm grasping at straws. Anyway, even if they don’t win, I still think they’re a good pick with the points.

I have a weird feeling the Bills are going to win this week.  Stop snickering - let me explain.

I have this theory that with all the parity in the league, there are truly only a few really good teams at any one time [let’s say Philly and Seattle right now] and a few really bad teams [sF, Miami].  The rest of the teams are muddled in the middle, ala the famous Bell curve.  Thus, although their records don’t reflect it at the moment, in theory there isn’t that great a difference between the Jets or the Bills or any of the other teams in vast midrange.

Hey, I took Statistical Theory 101 about 20 years ago, and I’m pretty confident that it hasn’t changed much since then.  Or maybe I'm grasping at straws.  Anyway, even if they don’t win, I still think they’re a good pick with the points.

60087[/snapback]

I had that same weird feeling last week. :rolleyes: I'm now of the "I'll believe it when I see it" school.

I have a weird feeling the Bills are going to win this week.  Stop snickering - let me explain.

I have this theory that with all the parity in the league, there are truly only a few really good teams at any one time [let’s say Philly and Seattle right now] and a few really bad teams [sF, Miami].  The rest of the teams are muddled in the middle, ala the famous Bell curve.  Thus, although their records don’t reflect it at the moment, in theory there isn’t that great a difference between the Jets or the Bills or any of the other teams in vast midrange.

Hey, I took Statistical Theory 101 about 20 years ago, and I’m pretty confident that it hasn’t changed much since then.  Or maybe I'm grasping at straws.  Anyway, even if they don’t win, I still think they’re a good pick with the points.

60087[/snapback]

Sure. Why not?

I know I'll still be eating chicken wings (hot - all flat ones - no breading - blue cheese) and hanging out with a few friends. That's about what this season has come to - looking more forward to the wings than the football.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday

I'll say it again - we WILL win this Sunday - it's about matchups, and we match up well against the Jets in almost every facet of the game.

I'll say it again - we WILL win this Sunday - it's about matchups, and we match up well against the Jets in almost every facet of the game.

60097[/snapback]

Why, they don't have any wide receivers?

Ok, if that's the case, we should be alright.

But if ever ONE of the WR shows up, we might have a problem.

WR, or Defensive Lineman.

60087[/snapback]

Yeah...and I have a strange feeling that when I get home tonight Sandra Bullock is going to meet me at the door wearing nothing but high heels and whipped cream. Doesn't make it likely. :rolleyes:

Almost like saying you flipped a coin 10 times and it came up heads all ten times, so the next flip it's bound to be tails just to balance things out, right?

Wrong.

Yeah...and I have a strange feeling that when I get home tonight Sandra Bullock is going to meet me at the door wearing nothing but high heels and whipped cream.  Doesn't make it likely.  :rolleyes:

60144[/snapback]

Where's your new wife going to be when Sandra Bullock is around?

They better win this week, or they really need to write off the rest of the season. I think the Jets might be a little too high on themselves and the Bills might be due. I like the Bills to win it. And if I were the type to bet on my team I'd place some bills down on it.

Almost like saying you flipped a coin 10 times and it came up heads all ten times, so the next flip it's bound to be tails just to balance things out, right?

Wrong.

60147[/snapback]

But if you flip the coin enough times it will eventually land on tails!

Santana Moss is overdue for a good game.  CuMart thinks it's 1996 again.....running very well.

60279[/snapback]

And we have a severely banged up secondary. I'm expecting a lot of three, four, even five receiver sets. And plenty of Curtis Martin in those situations, too.