Is it JP or not?

Frez

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not completely, but I don't think the problem rests with him. The Bills offensive problems almost all come down to that offensive line. I do still support him as the Bills QB.

I think that the main problem is that this offensive line has handcuffed Fairchild from calling any sense of his offense, which relies on more on deeper patterns.

Our offensive line is pathetic.

Do I blame JP?

The offensive line sucks.

The wide receivers not named Evans all suck.

Our tight ends all suck and apparently are on the team to drop passes and take penalties.

Our fullback sucks.

Oh, and our offensive coordinator does everything to make sure the abilities that made JP an intriguing QB are never utilized. So don't ever expect him to run or throw on the run (the latter is what he does best).

JP isn't great but I have no idea if he ever could be because the team around him is complete crap.

Are you happy with JP's performance this year? Is it the game plan that's holding him back or is it JP that's holding this team back? I think he's making this offensive line look worse than it really is.

834018[/snapback]

I think that he is the reason that the game plan is so piss poor. He is not capable of running the complex gameplans that Fairchild called last year in St. Louis.

Do I blame JP?

Our tight ends all suck and apparently are on the team to drop passes and take penalties.

Our fullback sucks.

Oh, and our offensive coordinator does everything to make sure the abilities that made JP an intriguing QB are never utilized.  So don't ever expect him to run or throw on the run (the latter is what he does best).

JP isn't great but I have no idea if he ever could be because the team around him is complete crap.

834050[/snapback]

Nice post. <_<

If JP was any good we'd still be sticking in the occassional red zone TD. We have an avg O-line and he makes them worse. He is awful. His deep throw to Lee Evans was putrid. He can't scramble nor has any feel for the rush. He's decent between the 30's but so is any 2nd string QB in the league. I hate this offense. I hate the way JP plays QB. They are so mismatched.

If JP was any good we'd still be sticking in the occassional red zone TD.  We have an avg O-line and he makes them worse.  He is awful.  His deep throw to Lee Evans was putrid.  He can't scramble nor has any feel for the rush.  He's decent between the 30's but so is any 2nd string QB in the league.  I hate this offense. I hate the way JP plays QB.  They are so mismatched.

834058[/snapback]

It's hard NOT to agree with what you just said.

If JP was any good we'd still be sticking in the occassional red zone TD.  We have an avg O-line and he makes them worse. 

834058[/snapback]

If we have an "average O-line" we'd be sticking in the occassional red zone TD. It's not like we're running the ball into the end zone either.

Do I blame JP?

Our fullback sucks.

Oh, and our offensive coordinator does everything to make sure the abilities that made JP an intriguing QB are never utilized.  So don't ever expect him to run or throw on the run (the latter is what he does best).

834050[/snapback]

For every JP sucks, or we need a QB change, of any other talk about the QB being the problem, just cut and paste this post in response. Nicely stated post!

For every JP sucks, or we need a QB change, of any other talk about the QB being the problem, just cut and paste this post in response.  Nicely stated post!

834072[/snapback]

Look at the Cowboys with a QB change.

I think it's JP stinking up this team.

When we first drafted Losman which I wanted no part of I compared him to a young Jake Plummer, and was afraid it would take that same amount of time for him to become a decent qb who doesn't lose games but would never be a qb who could win games for you. He has physical talent, but his brain is definitely not there.No presence to avoid oncoming rush. Poor field awareness in looking off receivers.

Which becomes more aware when in the redzone when looking off receivers is key to putting up points. Too often gets happy feet and locks on to his primary target. If it ever clicks for him at this point I doubt it will be in buffalo. No team will ever have a perfect oline that affords all kinds of time. It all depends on how patient the bills coaching wants to be. We have a relatively young team, so we can afford the rough road. Doesn't make it any less difficult to stomache. When you cant reach 100 yards passing 2 weeks in a row there's a definite problem there.

Are you happy with JP's performance this year? Is it the game plan that's holding him back or is it JP that's holding this team back? I think he's making this offensive line look worse than it really is.

834018[/snapback]

Its not either or.....its JP AND its the O line and its the playcalling

Losman had 83 passing yards today. The offense produced six points. At what point do you stop blaming everyone but JP, and acknowledge that he might be part of the problem?

834110[/snapback]

Whenever someone besides Evans or a RB does something right on offense (partial credit to Peters who is developing nicely).