Is it JP or not?

Frez

....Now here are the negatives.

JP continues to lock on to his receivers, causing INT's and batted down passes.

He at times instead of just taking the sack will still attempt to make a play causing a fumble or INT.

And he does not appear to want to run with the ball when all passing options are gone.....

834837[/snapback]

I won't comment the positives you mentioned.....but the negatives.....

#1 If what you say is true about locking on to his receivers.....his INT% is fairly low & his %completion is fairly high. I'm thinking if you are correct on this one, it has only in very limited situations this season....maybe the rough patch of Chi & NE....the stats do not support this 'negative'. Considering he rarely gets 3 step drops or quick passing plays, one would think that if what you say is true then the stats would clearly reflect the hypothesis.

#2....I would say that instead of sometimes throwing the ball away, he takes a sack causing a fumble. He has not however committed a turnover since the break(2 games)...& at least 2 of his fumbles(lost) were from complete blindside hits.

#3.....just opinion but....I feel the coaches insistence that he stay in the pocket is hindering his decision making on when to scramble & avoid some sacks. The coaches (& JP) have emphasized the importance of him learning pocket passing decisions.....to me this is obviously affecting his 'legs' game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic