Board Reaction

I really expected this board to be a wreck after yeasterday... There are the few diehard hold outs that are squealing like stuck pachyderms though, but most here have "manned" up to the results and seen it for what it is worth.

I guess people really wanted to see change... I now feel most times here it is fairly balanced... People are trying to give the dems a shot.

Or am I on glue? :P

Of course the Dems will now just eff it up.

:D<_<

I really expected this board to be a wreck after yeasterday...  There are the few diehard hold outs that are squealing like stuck pachyderms though, but most here have "manned" up to the results and seen it for what it is worth.

I guess people really wanted to see change... I now feel most times here it is fairly balanced... People are trying to give the dems a shot.

:D  <_<

830035[/snapback]

It was just a minor diversion from the all-important statistics thread.

I really expected this board to be a wreck after yeasterday...  There are the few diehard hold outs that are squealing like stuck pachyderms though, but most here have "manned" up to the results and seen it for what it is worth.

:D  <_<

830035[/snapback]

EIL, you heard it here first....one of two things will happen in 08:

1) McCain gets TONS of money for the primaries, gets the nod, and loses the general election to Hillary.

2) The repub primary voters decide on Giuliani and he defeats Hillary.

If my life depended on it, I think that #1 would be my prediction. McCain is a modern day Bob Dole. If he runs, that means the repubs don't want it.

Watch and see. :P

1) McCain gets TONS of money for the primaries, gets the nod, and loses the general election to Hillary.

If my life depended on it, I think that #1 would be my prediction. McCain is a modern day Bob Dole. If he runs, that means the repubs don't want it.

Watch and see. 

Rudy will win the primaries. But if he doesn't, I still think McCain beats Hillary.

Watch and see.  :P

830062[/snapback]

It is different... I actually would like to see it... Kinda know how Hillary would be... :D<_<

McCain or Rudy... I would like to see how they would transition...

It couldn't get no worse?

"Oh look honey, isn't that such a cute lawn gnome that somebody has in their yard."

:D

830070[/snapback]

Your really gonna be embarassed when you get your ass kicked by a lawn gnome. Now I'm not saying it's gonna be one from Virginia. But someday a lawn gnome gonna jump out and get you. <_<

Hey, the GOP deserved every bit of the ass kicking they got. The Dems played it smart and took advantage of Bush's screw ups. I'll certainly be rooting for the Dems to do a better job, albeit with very little confidence that it will happen.

Your really gonna be embarassed when you get your ass kicked by a lawn gnome.  Now I'm not saying it's gonna be one from Virginia.  But someday a lawn gnome gonna jump out  and get you.  :P

830085[/snapback]

:P

I got one... Not sure where it came from, showed up on the neighbor's stoop... They gave it to me.

About this time of the year, I stick it in the dishwasher and give it a good cleaning before I pack it away for the winter months...

:D<_<

It was just a minor diversion from the all-important statistics thread.

830050[/snapback]

never fear! HA continues to make an ass out fo himself, so theres no worries of the stats thread going anywhere anytime soon.

Hey, the GOP deserved every bit of the ass kicking they got.  The Dems played it smart and took advantage of Bush's screw ups.  I'll certainly be rooting for the Dems to do a better job, albeit with very little confidence that it will happen.

830090[/snapback]

Actually, there were plenty of screw ups to go around. It appears Abramoff gave Montana to the Dems. Various other scandals took others down.

As long as we are set in the 2 party system, I don't mind seeing the Dems in the House of Reps. I can't say I'm thrilled at the thought of the Dems controlling the Senate (judicial nominees and treaty ratification and all), but think it will be interesting to see where/when Lieberman breaks ranks with the D's and puts the deciding vote on Chaney's plate.

Hopefully the Dems will do better than I expect that they will. If they do, '08 will be very interesting. If not, the Senate goes back to red and Hill stays out of the big mansion and we hear all the post election charges of voter fraud.

It will be an interesting 2 years.

I actually think there will be a 8 month period of civil dullness before the presidential runs begin in earnest.

830355[/snapback]

That's possible, but I just get the feeling that Nancy and Harry are going to want to take their new toys out for a ride and with Conyers riding shotgun, things could get interesting early.

If the dems are smart, it'll play out as you have predicted.

We shall see. Bummer, now I'm gonna have to waste some prime hockey watching time on Fox News and MSNBC. They don't even show those 2 in HiDef.

That's possible, but I just get the feeling that Nancy and Harry are going to want to take their new toys out for a ride and with Conyers riding shotgun, things could get interesting early.

If the dems are smart, it'll play out as you have predicted.

We shall see.  Bummer, now I'm gonna have to waste some prime hockey watching time on Fox News and MSNBC.  They don't even show those 2 in HiDef.

830359[/snapback]

Nah. Hockey is a better investment of time and you'll be just as well informed. :doh:

It will be an interesting 2 years.

830352[/snapback]

I am no fan of president Bush, but I will give him credit for canning Rumsfeld. His stated reasoning for doing it the day after the elections sounds a little perplexing (he claims he didn't want to do it before the election, because he didn't want to use the war as a wedge issue in the mid-terms- he actually said something like that today!), but it is a sign that he is at least listening to some new voices. A good thing. It is possible that this election could save the legacy of his tenure in the White House.

Or am I on glue? :( 

:doh:  :doh:

830035[/snapback]

i think this is why most from the right aren't terribly concenred. :lol:

I am no fan of president Bush, but I will give him credit for canning Rumsfeld.  His stated reasoning for doing it the day after the elections sounds a little perplexing (he claims he didn't want to do it before the election, because he didn't want to use the war as a wedge issue in the mid-terms- he actually said something like that today!), but it is a sign that he is at least listening to some new voices.  A good thing.  It is possible that this election could save the legacy of his tenure in the White House.

830423[/snapback]

i think the new voices he is listening to is the old voice of his dad.

I am no fan of president Bush, but I will give him credit for canning Rumsfeld.  His stated reasoning for doing it the day after the elections sounds a little perplexing (he claims he didn't want to do it before the election, because he didn't want to use the war as a wedge issue in the mid-terms- he actually said something like that today!), but it is a sign that he is at least listening to some new voices.  A good thing.  It is possible that this election could save the legacy of his tenure in the White House.

830423[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? Bush wouldn't piss if his pants were on fire! His plodding "Stay the course" crap combined with his unceasing loyalty (or stupidity if you will) to his neocon cronies speaks of someone who wouldn't change course if his life depended on it.

What more than likely happened is Pelosi got on the phone and said "You know that guy you got calling the shots in Iraq? Well by the time the transition begins next year we'd like it if........."