I come in peace

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a little blunt for the guys first day, but okay. (clapping with satisfaction)

829262[/snapback]

Phuck... Ya... He sounded polite till he started spewing inACKerIT :D information/history...

God I hate inaccurate history...

The little phuck needs to be packed into a Mayflower moving van and dumped somewhere south of the San Diego/Tijuana border...

How was that for blunt? :D:lol:

Feel free to correct "my" history if I am wrong...

:D

Not for anything but what do you to talk smack about?  Your consecutive AFC South Division winner crowns?

Win some super bowls before you start strutting about and being condescending like we're some JV team and you're the big bad varsity.

829276[/snapback]

Nice to meet you too.

WTF?  WARNING HISTORY LESSON:

How so?  Are you refering to SBIII? When the Jets beat the BALTIMORE Colts?

If so... Then basically the Jets made the AFL-NFL merger happen... It is because the Colts lost... :D

The Colts (Browns, Steelers) are the bastard childs of the old NFL... Moving over to the AFC... :D  :lol:

Look at history to find out where the Browns/Colts got their players from (original Bills/AAFC) when they left the AAFC to go to the NFL in 1953 (they were also an AAFC team along with the Buffalo Bills)...  Buffalo was successful in that league during the 1940's yet, the NFL didn't want Buffalo because the Redskins' owner wanted to compete with a Balitmore team in the NFL and market area...

The Buffalo Bills was an American Football team, based in Buffalo, NY, that played in the All-America Football Conference from 1946 to 1949. During their first season in 1946, the team was known as the Buffalo Bisons. Unlike the Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers, and Baltimore Colts, the franchise was not one of the three AAFC teams that merged with the National Football League prior to the 1950 season.

Buffalo Bills AAFC

Not sure where you get your history from and the reference to the AFC East?... The Bills have been there since day one of the merger and are equally a "charter" member of the AFC East.

How come the Jets and Colts get "charter" memebership in the AFC East?

:D  :doh:

829258[/snapback]

You are correct sir. Had the Colts beat the jets in 69, the old AFL would have went belly-up and bankrupt. The Jet victory proved to the NFL that the AFL has serious talented teams. It would then make a merge and bring in some great teams to strengthen the new AFC Conference. That would be. Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Little did the NFC know at the time that the AFC would be the most dominate conference in years after the Montana/Staughbach eras.

Even though Dungy and Manning will say all the right things this week, sometimes teams just put it on cruise control. It's probably subconscious but i just don't see the Colts getting up for the Bills at home after coming off great emotional wins at Denver & New England and then another tough game at Dallas next week.

If the Bills can control the ball and clock and Losman just makes a play or two (and no turnovers)....then it wouldn't surprise me to see a 7 point game either way. I think the Bills D will play tough.

Phuck... Ya... He sounded polite till he started spewing inACKerIT  :D  information/history...

God I hate inaccurate history...

The little phuck needs to be packed into a Mayflower moving van and dumped somewhere south of the San Diego/Tijuana border...

How was that for blunt? :D  :lol:

Feel free to correct "my" history if I am wrong...

829279[/snapback]

I guess it is better to throw the poor bastard into the cold deep end before he get s too used to the jaccuzzi.

You are correct sir. Had the Colts beat the jets in 69, the old AFL would have went belly-up and bankrupt. The Jet victory proved to the NFL that the AFL has serious talented teams. It would then make a merge and bring in some great teams to strengthen the new AFC Conference. That would be. Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Little did the NFC know at the time that the AFC would be the most dominate conference in years after the Montana/Staughbach eras.

829299[/snapback]

Great NFL teams? Only Pitt is a "true" NFL team in this case...

Consider 2/3 (Browns/Colts) of those great teams were products of the "first" NFL merger 19 years earlier...

Pitts... Was always crappy until the early 1970's... How were they great??

:D:D

Wow... You are batting .125 (Jets story)... Swing and wiff...

:D:lol:

WTF?  WARNING HISTORY LESSON:

How so?  Are you refering to SBIII? When the Jets beat the BALTIMORE Colts?

If so... Then basically the Jets made the AFL-NFL merger happen... It is because the Colts lost... :D

The Colts (Browns, Steelers) are the bastard childs of the old NFL... Moving over to the AFC... :D  :lol:

Look at history to find out where the Browns/Colts got their players from (original Bills/AAFC) when they left the AAFC to go to the NFL in 1953 (they were also an AAFC team along with the Buffalo Bills)...  Buffalo was successful in that league during the 1940's yet, the NFL didn't want Buffalo because the Redskins' owner wanted to compete with a Balitmore team in the NFL and market area...

The Buffalo Bills was an American Football team, based in Buffalo, NY, that played in the All-America Football Conference from 1946 to 1949. During their first season in 1946, the team was known as the Buffalo Bisons. Unlike the Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers, and Baltimore Colts, the franchise was not one of the three AAFC teams that merged with the National Football League prior to the 1950 season.

Buffalo Bills AAFC

Not sure where you get your history from and the reference to the AFC East?... The Bills have been there since day one of the merger and are equally a "charter" member of the AFC East.

How come the Jets and Colts get "charter" memebership in the AFC East?

:D  :doh:

829258[/snapback]

Forgot to answer your last question about charter membership.

When the new AFC was formed and the 3 powerhouse teams from the old NFL joining up in the new AFC Conference, new divisions were formed to accomadate the 3 new teams. New England, Baltimore, New York, Buffalo, and Miami would be the new AFC East while Cleveland, Pittsburgh would join up in the new central.

With the exception of a few more expansion teams the AFC/NFC Conference is pretty nuch the same and all under the NFL umbrella.

I guess it is better to throw the poor bastard into the cold deep end before he get s too used to the jaccuzzi.

829305[/snapback]

If he would have just stopped before popping off the last history note... I would have been fine...

I have nothing but ill feelings for Baltimore and the Redskins, the owners conspired to rob Buffalo a chance at the NFL during the first merger...

Same goes for Cleveland...

Notice... The owners moved their teams (Baltimore and Cleveland)...

Great NFL teams?  Only Pitt is a "true" NFL team in this case...

Consider 2/3 (Browns/Colts) of those great teams were products of the "first" NFL merger 19 years earlier...

Pitts... Was always crappy until the early 1970's... How were they great??

:D  :D

Wow... You are batting .125 (Jets story)... Swing and wiff...

:D  :lol:

829308[/snapback]

Pittsburgh was up and coming at the time and it was only a matter of time (within 2 to 4 years after the merge that they would be a major powerhouse.

Pittsburgh was up and coming at the time and it was only a matter of time (within 2 to 4 years after the merge that they would be a major powerhouse.

829323[/snapback]

Hey one quick thing...Did you know that Mike Williams is playing for the Bucs now?

829323[/snapback]

Hindsight is 20/20... Up and coming in 1969, one year prior to the merger? :D:D ... They were 1-13 and had the first pick in the 1970 draft (Bradshaw)... Buffalo was a year before with Simpson... :lol::D

You can say that now... Knowing the record, nobody back then could imagine the success the Steelers would have... They were perrenial cellar dwellers, even after they drafted Bradshaw first overall (1970... Yes, the year of the merger!)... They did good fast... 1-13 in 1969, 5-9 in 1970, 6-8 in 1971, and then 11-3 in 1972... The rest was history!

Basically, you had the Browns and Colts going to the AFC... Those two teams were AAFC merger teams in the early 1950's... So it isn't like they were legendary NFL teams... They properly fit into the second expansion and the AFC... Then you got the low life (at the time) Steelers that were the bone thrown into the AFC... I can't imagine no elite lineage NFL team going that wouldn't put up a fight... That is why realignment worked with those three teams...

Like I said, I harbor ill feelings because of the double dealing that went on with the NFL and Redskins owner in 1950... Sure I wasn't born till 1968, but I am a proud Buffaloian and know that this was one of the many screw jobs the city would get. That Bills team (AAFC) in the late 1940's drew exceptional attendence and the team was talented... What happened to that team in 1950?... Most of the players were divied up between the Browns and 49ers... The Colts would come in 1953 as an expansion team to the NFL...

Like I said, Buffalo would have probably entered the NFL in 1950 if it wasn't for the double dealing Skin's owner... He was hell bent on not allowing a Buffalo team in... To make it look like they were in less cohoots with the Colts... The Colts cease play until 1953...

Don't know the case... But, I suspect that this had to do with anti-trust, the AFL and the second merger too.

The AFL would have never folded had Baltimore won... It was just a matter of chance and those are big ifs... The merger was inevitable...

How quickly we forget where the Bills' team was in 1967... One game away from playing the Green Bay Packers in SBI... Getting beat by the Len Dawson led Chiefs... Many experts picked Buffalo's superior defense (vs. say the Chiefs superior offense) to beat the Packers that year should they advance.

But, back to the original history... Buffalo would have to wait 10 long years before getting the second coming of the Buffalo Bills in 1960 (AFL)... The rest is history.

Thanks for coming here and WELCOME!

:doh:

your Defense may have a bit of trouble with (Peyton Manning).

You're really going out on a limb with that one, buddy. Okay, I admit a declining Brett Favre put up 287 yards against our defense. A few weeks earlier, Jon Kitna put up 278 yards. Brad Johnson had 267 yards. But Peyton Manning? Peyton Manning! Ha! There's no way he puts up more than 50. Points, that is, not yards. But maybe the Bills will score a point themselves.