I come in peace

the problem with that is the indy crowd is pumping manning as one of the best ever and the guy is in his 30's and never even been in a super bowl.  of course many teams would trade for him but does he rank in the all time elites like staubach, bradshaw, montana and now brady? no, not even close.  at best right now he's another dan fouts who was all about reg season stats and early playoff exits.  whoopteedoo, bills fans know all too well it's all about winning super bowls since we cam so close 4x.

831303[/snapback]

thats a pretty hypocritical argument coming from a bills fan. :rolleyes: After all, many of the bills players from the super bowl have a hard time getting recognition for the hall of fame, because they didn't win the big one. Peyton Manning barring some freaky decline or injury, god forbid, will be a hall of famer, probably first ballot too. FWIW, Tom Brady is not as good as Peyton, stop fooling yourself there, and even comparing him to dan fouts is a joke considering Peyton is twice the qb that Fouts was, and that says a lot considering Fouts is one of the best to never make it to the big one.

Also, it very classless of to Flip off the Colt fan like you did, after all this guy/gal may not have all of the facts straight, but is at least being diplomatic. So show some damn courtesy and respect. :doh:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not here to say stupid things like, "Here's to a no injury game" or anything else. I've been reading your message board to try to get a handle on things or the jist of what you all are talking about in our upcoming game.

Believe me, The Colts are not taking this game lightly whatsoever. They now have a 2 game lead for HFA in the AFC and want to continue it if not get a larger lead if New England, Denver, Chiefs and the Chargers stumble along the way. I think we can safely say that Pittsburgh is out of the picture with Worthlessburger doing so bad.

That said, I know your all disgusted with your team and most of you already has given up on our match but anything can happen. Peyton Manning is playing with more fire in his eyes than I ever seen him and losing is no option for him. He also grew a pair of legs in the off season and has now become a mobile QB which triples his advantage over most Defenses that play him as a pocket passer. Flush him out and he'll burn you big time. He's never had that ability before so your Defense may have a bit of trouble with him. Couple that with an excellent O-Line and the best receivers in the game and you have an Offense that is unstoppable.

Our Defense is slowly getting their much needed injured players back on the field and are playing better each week. New England felt the impact with 4 picks and a fumble. I know your team just suffered some painful Injuries to key players and that means other peole are going to have to step up and contribute. You never know if you have a diamond in the rough until they take the field.

I do hope that no one gets injured on both sides of the ball but it seems to me that all of our home games brings alot of injuries to visiting players. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the type of turf we have at the RCA Dome. Tennessee lost 7 guys in our 1 point win over them.

Another thing. Never judge any team by who they played or by how much they won. Miami is a good example of that when they crushed the mighty Bears. So is Jacksonville when they stiffled the Eagles in their house. It all boils down to if your team takes a game seriously and bring the A game or not. Yes, we hung 30+ on Denver's mighty Defense and 27 on the Patsies who just got done beating the snot out of the Vikes. But then again, the vikes are a inferior NFC Team and we all know that the worst AFC Team will normally beat up a great NFC team. (Can't count the Oakland/Seattle game, we all know that the Raiders belong in the High School Leagues).

But here's to us and you and the many memories we shared together when we were in the AFC East.

Note: Remember, It was the Jets and the Colts that started the AFC East and I'm sad we ever left it, but hten again, I'm glad we don't ever have to face Dan Marino type QB's again. Have a good one Buff Fans.

829235[/snapback]

With all due respect, go eat ass.

the problem with that is the indy crowd is pumping manning as one of the best ever and the guy is in his 30's and never even been in a super bowl.  of course many teams would trade for him but does he rank in the all time elites like staubach, bradshaw, montana and now brady? no, not even close.  at best right now he's another dan fouts who was all about reg season stats and early playoff exits.  whoopteedoo, bills fans know all too well it's all about winning super bowls since we cam so close 4x.

831303[/snapback]

By your logic Jim Kelly was just another average QB. Get over yourself.

Dan Fouts? Are you kidding me? In 8 1/2 seasons Peyton is about 1 1/2 seasons away from topping Dan Fouts career passing in 15 seasons. Manning already has more TD's in 9 seasons than Fouts had in 15. Manning has a 7% higher completion percentage than Fouts. Lets face it. In about 2 more seasons Manning will place in the top 10 in pretty much every reasonable statistical category for a QB.

Now if you want to talk about him not winning a SB. Then fine. You will just be categorized as one of those people who believe winning the SB (a 60 minute game, one time a year) is a zillion billion times more important than the other 230+ other games a QB will probably play in his career.

Now dont get me wrong. While winning a SB is the goal and is a GREAT accomplishment, it is mainly a TEAM accomplishment. Winning a SB doesnt fall on one players hands. It falls on a team. Not sure you if you havent noticed but ... Manning doesnt have a defense.

Stop hating ... even I (who really disliked Miami) can admit Marino was one darn great QB.

831303[/snapback]

I'll be happy to admit that Manning got "happy feet" against the Steelers last year in a game they should have won.....call it choke or whatever. However, as others have stated....winning the super bowl is not the only criteria by which great quarterbacks are defined. Statistics are important too, but in the grand scheme of today's NFL, how many QB's today are actually running their offenses to the degree Manning is? Jim Kelly was that kind of quarterback in his prime and so is Manning today. Defenses are more complex than ever, which truly tests a QB's ability to think like an OC on the field. Manning's accomplishments this year (so far) are even greater in my opinion based his loss of the Edge (Edge was also a good pass protector) and limited play of Brandon Stokley. The Colts lack a defense, and so they have to win by his "laser rocket arm". Finally, I challenge you to find a more "durable" quarterback in the last 5 years.

Could Manning achieve the same success with our beloved Bills?....No way, but I would like to think he would be the difference between 3 and 5 vs. 5 and 3 start. Polian was wise to build a team around him.

831303[/snapback]

Manning turned 30 in March. I think he's probably got a couple of good years left. And judging solely by the stats -- which already have him pushing the all-time top 10 lists populated by players with much longer careers -- the Indy crowd has a decent argument.

Jim Kelly was two weeks short of his 31st birthday when the Bills played in SB XXV. Roger Staubach was a month away from his 30th in SB VI, his first trip as the starter. And Bradshaw, all-time elite? You mean the guy who threw two more TD passes than INTs and was benched for Joe Gilliam during the Steelers' first Super Bowl season? Those Steeler squads won with an outstanding running game and the 'Steel Curtain' D; if they'd had to depend on Bradshaw to win many games for them, that 'Team of the 70s' moniker might well belong to someone else.

I'll give you this, Manning and Fouts DO have something in common: a team with lousy defense for a good chunk of their careers. The Chargers' D finished in the top half of the league exactly once during the 'Air Coryell' era.

Welcome to TBD, ManningColts. When your team is 3-5 playing an undefeated team, there's not much point in anybody talking smack. Buffalo's best hope is to be able to run the ball efectively and finish off drives with touchdowns. If Indianapolis committed some uncharacteristic mistakes on offense, that might open the door for the Bills to steal one, but if Manning and the Colts play anywhere close to the way they're capable of playing, the best the Bills can hope to do is keep it close.

What wonderful parents you must of had when you were being reered. I bet most folks look at your 'waste of a human life' and wonder, "This is the reason why we have birth control"

830470[/snapback]

Nice one visitor. I advocate the Bob Barker approach myself.

Spay or neuter yourself today!!!!

I know I did.