...................../... ./ /

............./´¯/'...'/´¯ ¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../... ..../¨¯\

........('(...´(..´...... ,~/'...')

.........\............... ..\/..../

..........''...\......... . _.·´

............\............ ..(

..............\.......... ...\

I'm not here to say stupid things like, "Here's to a no injury game" or anything else. I've been reading your message board to try to get a handle on things or the jist of what you all are talking about in our upcoming game.

Believe me, The Colts are not taking this game lightly whatsoever. They now have a 2 game lead for HFA in the AFC and want to continue it if not get a larger lead if New England, Denver, Chiefs and the Chargers stumble along the way. I think we can safely say that Pittsburgh is out of the picture with Worthlessburger doing so bad.

That said, I know your all disgusted with your team and most of you already has given up on our match but anything can happen. Peyton Manning is playing with more fire in his eyes than I ever seen him and losing is no option for him. He also grew a pair of legs in the off season and has now become a mobile QB which triples his advantage over most Defenses that play him as a pocket passer. Flush him out and he'll burn you big time. He's never had that ability before so your Defense may have a bit of trouble with him. Couple that with an excellent O-Line and the best receivers in the game and you have an Offense that is unstoppable.

Our Defense is slowly getting their much needed injured players back on the field and are playing better each week. New England felt the impact with 4 picks and a fumble. I know your team just suffered some painful Injuries to key players and that means other peole are going to have to step up and contribute. You never know if you have a diamond in the rough until they take the field.

I do hope that no one gets injured on both sides of the ball but it seems to me that all of our home games brings alot of injuries to visiting players. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the type of turf we have at the RCA Dome. Tennessee lost 7 guys in our 1 point win over them.

Another thing. Never judge any team by who they played or by how much they won. Miami is a good example of that when they crushed the mighty Bears. So is Jacksonville when they stiffled the Eagles in their house. It all boils down to if your team takes a game seriously and bring the A game or not. Yes, we hung 30+ on Denver's mighty Defense and 27 on the Patsies who just got done beating the snot out of the Vikes. But then again, the vikes are a inferior NFC Team and we all know that the worst AFC Team will normally beat up a great NFC team. (Can't count the Oakland/Seattle game, we all know that the Raiders belong in the High School Leagues).

But here's to us and you and the many memories we shared together when we were in the AFC East.

Note: Remember, It was the Jets and the Colts that started the AFC East and I'm sad we ever left it, but hten again, I'm glad we don't ever have to face Dan Marino type QB's again. Have a good one Buff Fans.

829235[/snapback]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome ManningColts, its nice to have well-intentioned people visit our board for a little fun. As far as the game goes, there is always hope, but I do not think this woeful offense will be much of a challenge for the Colts D. I do think our D will Stimey Payton and Co. off an on, and keep the score down, at least in the first quarter. I fear this game will be uglier than the Bears :D

Not for anything but what do you to talk smack about?  Your consecutive AFC South Division winner crowns?

Win some super bowls before you start strutting about and being condescending like we're some JV team and you're the big bad varsity.

829276[/snapback]

lol, they're 8-0.

I'm not here to say stupid things like, "Here's to a no injury game" or anything else. I've been reading your message board to try to get a handle on things or the jist of what you all are talking about in our upcoming game.

Believe me, The Colts are not taking this game lightly whatsoever. They now have a 2 game lead for HFA in the AFC and want to continue it if not get a larger lead if New England, Denver, Chiefs and the Chargers stumble along the way. I think we can safely say that Pittsburgh is out of the picture with Worthlessburger doing so bad.

That said, I know your all disgusted with your team and most of you already has given up on our match but anything can happen. Peyton Manning is playing with more fire in his eyes than I ever seen him and losing is no option for him. He also grew a pair of legs in the off season and has now become a mobile QB which triples his advantage over most Defenses that play him as a pocket passer. Flush him out and he'll burn you big time. He's never had that ability before so your Defense may have a bit of trouble with him. Couple that with an excellent O-Line and the best receivers in the game and you have an Offense that is unstoppable.

Our Defense is slowly getting their much needed injured players back on the field and are playing better each week. New England felt the impact with 4 picks and a fumble. I know your team just suffered some painful Injuries to key players and that means other peole are going to have to step up and contribute. You never know if you have a diamond in the rough until they take the field.

I do hope that no one gets injured on both sides of the ball but it seems to me that all of our home games brings alot of injuries to visiting players. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the type of turf we have at the RCA Dome. Tennessee lost 7 guys in our 1 point win over them.

Another thing. Never judge any team by who they played or by how much they won. Miami is a good example of that when they crushed the mighty Bears. So is Jacksonville when they stiffled the Eagles in their house. It all boils down to if your team takes a game seriously and bring the A game or not. Yes, we hung 30+ on Denver's mighty Defense and 27 on the Patsies who just got done beating the snot out of the Vikes. But then again, the vikes are a inferior NFC Team and we all know that the worst AFC Team will normally beat up a great NFC team. (Can't count the Oakland/Seattle game, we all know that the Raiders belong in the High School Leagues).

But here's to us and you and the many memories we shared together when we were in the AFC East.

Note: Remember, It was the Jets and the Colts that started the AFC East and I'm sad we ever left it, but hten again, I'm glad we don't ever have to face Dan Marino type QB's again. Have a good one Buff Fans.

829235[/snapback]

Good post

Would you like to trade quarterbacks? If JP had the offensive talent around him the Colts have I'm sure he would be successful!

Seriously though do you want to trade? I'd even be willing to take Jim Sorgi off your hands. Let me know.

830322[/snapback]

I think Jim Harbaugh is available if you're interested.

Would you like to trade quarterbacks? If JP had the offensive talent around him the Colts have I'm sure he would be successful!

Seriously though do you want to trade? I'd even be willing to take Jim Sorgi off your hands. Let me know.

830322[/snapback]

I watched Peyton Manning in his game against the Patriots. There's no way you can tell me that Losman and Manning are the same except for the quality of their supporting casts.

830322[/snapback]

Well, having the Offensive talent around you is half the battle. The other half is allowing your QB to call his own plays at the line of scrimmage. PM is both QB and OC as he runs the no-huddle and thats what seperates him from all the other QB's in the league. I'm quite sue that PM is paving the way for the future where all QB's will be allowed to run their own game like it was back in the 50's and 60's where QB's were true field generals. I can remember Unitas drawing out his plays in the dirt whenever they huddled. PM dosen't have quite all that freedom but he's the next best thing to it and far above other QB's that have to run a particular play ordered in from the coach. You could say that PM is a throw-back to those good ole days. A complete joy to watch.

go away colts fan

......................... /´¯/)

......................,/¯ ..//

...................../... ./ /

............./´¯/'...'/´¯ ¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../... ..../¨¯\

........('(...´(..´...... ,~/'...')

.........\............... ..\/..../

..........''...\......... . _.·´

............\............ ..(

..............\.......... ...\

830149[/snapback]

What wonderful parents you must of had when you were being reered. I bet most folks look at your 'waste of a human life' and wonder, "This is the reason why we have birth control"

What wonderful parents you must of had when you were being reered. I bet most folks look at your 'waste of a human life' and wonder, "This is the reason why we have birth control"

830470[/snapback]

That is a theme here on this board. :doh:

I watched Peyton Manning in his game against the Patriots. There's no way you can tell me that Losman and Manning are the same except for the quality of their supporting casts.

830339[/snapback]

I think he was laying the sarcasim on pretty thick.

Indy has been close to the top on numerous occasions only to be thrown back. Sometimes, relentlessness pays off. Sometimes, teams just can't break all the way through as Bills fans so painfully know. The Steelers were pushing for a while until they knocked off Seattle.

One thing about the Colts is that they don't seem to have the crying for more money mentality that besets other teams near the top. Selling a "more team and less me" philosophy can push a team to the top. Regrettably, I think that is what propelled the Pats (the Tucks) to the top despite what happened with Lawyer Milloy.

A previous poster wrote about Unitas designing plays in the mud. Sometimes, I think the sophistication of the sport paralyzes quarterbacks to the point where they cannot even execute the simplest of concepts. This may be true in Losman's development.

Eli might. :P

830189[/snapback]

Manning's critics can trash all they want, but who here wouldn't trade Losman+ Holcomb+Nall for either of the Mannings.

It must be nice to have a GM who knows what he's doing (Polian) and a quarterback who consistently gets you to the postseason. It's been so damm long since we've had either, I've forgotten what it feels like. Until Marv & Company rebuilds the line, none of our QB's will become playoff quarterbacks.

Manning's critics can trash all they want, but who here wouldn't trade Losman+ Holcomb+Nall for either of the Mannings. 

It must be nice to have a GM who knows what he's doing (Polian) and a quarterback who consistently gets you to the postseason.  It's been so damm long since we've had either, I've forgotten what it feels like.  Until Marv & Company rebuilds the line, none of our QB's will become playoff quarterbacks.

831072[/snapback]

the problem with that is the indy crowd is pumping manning as one of the best ever and the guy is in his 30's and never even been in a super bowl. of course many teams would trade for him but does he rank in the all time elites like staubach, bradshaw, montana and now brady? no, not even close. at best right now he's another dan fouts who was all about reg season stats and early playoff exits. whoopteedoo, bills fans know all too well it's all about winning super bowls since we cam so close 4x.

the problem with that is the indy crowd is pumping manning as one of the best ever and the guy is in his 30's and never even been in a super bowl.  of course many teams would trade for him but does he rank in the all time elites like staubach, bradshaw, montana and now brady? no, not even close.  at best right now he's another dan fouts who was all about reg season stats and early playoff exits.  whoopteedoo, bills fans know all too well it's all about winning super bowls since we cam so close 4x.

831303[/snapback]

I read part of a book by Joe Montana. He said that everyone gives him credit for that TD drive to win that last Super Bowl. In reality, he wrote, it wasn't just him who stepped it up. It was the entire team. He talked about how great his pass protection was, how his receivers made good catches. He wrote that if John Taylor hadn't gotten open on that last play, or if he'd dropped the pass, the Super Bowl would have had a very different ending.

For whatever reason, the Colts team hasn't stepped up in the postseason. Maybe some of that's not having a complete team (mediocre defense), some of it's having an offensive line that gets pushed around come postseason, and some may even be officiating. For example, I think the officials really let the Patriots' DBs mug the Colts' WRs.

How much of the Colts' postseason woes are on Manning? Some, to be sure. But most of the problems have been from other players.

I read part of a book by Joe Montana. He said that everyone gives him credit for that TD drive to win that last Super Bowl. In reality, he wrote, it wasn't just him who stepped it up. It was the entire team. He talked about how great his pass protection was, how his receivers made good catches. He wrote that if John Taylor hadn't gotten open on that last play, or if he'd dropped the pass, the Super Bowl would have had a very different ending.

For whatever reason, the Colts team hasn't stepped up in the postseason. Maybe some of that's not having a complete team (mediocre defense), some of it's having an offensive line that gets pushed around come postseason, and some may even be officiating. For example, I think the officials really let the Patriots' DBs mug the Colts' WRs.

How much of the Colts' postseason woes are on Manning? Some, to be sure. But most of the problems have been from other players.

831414[/snapback]

Bottom line is Manning was worse than the Colts defense in those NE games; it's not like they gave up 30 points. His postseason track record looks ok if you take away those NE games, but it also looks pretty terrible if you take away the 2 Denver games. People tend to forget the Titans & Jets games which were offensive disasters too.