VOTE TODAY!

30dive

Voted this morning in my new state......Holy crap, where did they get these voting machines?

Back in Virginia we used the punch card (you know the hanging chad thingy), but here in Blair County PA we used some high tech voting machine. First they give me a reciept with a code number on it, similar to the code number you get when pay for a car wash at the gas station. So here I am pressing the screen, but nooooo, you have to spin a wheel to enter the number and then spin the wheel to select who you are voting for. I swear, if I were a wee bit older I do not think I could have figured this out. It was like playing some video game.

AAAARRRRGGGGGG!

But I cast my vote, I hope all my opinionated friends here at TBD/TSW cast yours too!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted this morning in my new state......Holy crap, where did they get these voting machines?

Back in Virginia we used the punch card (you know the hanging chad thingy), but here in Blair County PA we used some high tech voting machine.  First they give me a reciept with a code number on it, similar to the code number you get when pay for a car wash at the gas station.  So here I am pressing the screen, but nooooo, you have to spin a wheel to enter the number and then spin the wheel to select who  you are voting for.  I swear, if I were a wee bit older I do not think I could have figured this out. It was like playing some video game.

AAAARRRRGGGGGG! 

But I cast my vote, I hope all my opinionated friends here at TBD/TSW cast yours too!

828017[/snapback]

Dam, I am still wringing my hands 30, Allen or Web? Going over to maybeury at 10.00am. Die hard Republican, but Allen makes me cringe on so many fronts.

Same sex marriage? know how i'm voting on that sucker, but I ain't telling.

Back in Virginia we used the punch card (you know the hanging chad thingy), but here in Blair County PA we used some high tech voting machine.  First they give me a reciept with a code number on it, similar to the code number you get when pay for a car wash at the gas station.  So here I am pressing the screen, but nooooo, you have to spin a wheel to enter the number and then spin the wheel to select who  you are voting for.  I swear, if I were a wee bit older I do not think I could have figured this out. It was like playing some video game.

AAAARRRRGGGGGG! 

828017[/snapback]

I think you wandered onto the set of wheel of fortune. :blink:

Touch screens for me, very easy.

Thank God for early voting. Get to avoid the lines. Now if the recorded phone calls would just stop. Actually got one last night from PAT BOONE!! pulling for Corker. Geez Pat Boone in Tennessee...Jerry Lee Lewis is probably spinning in his grave...oh wait a minute..Jerry isn't dead yet...well...Elvis anyway..

AAAARRRRGGGGGG! 

828017[/snapback]

New machines came about because of Democrats squealing that punching a hole in a piece of paper was too difficult a task for their voters.

No doubt they will be squealing about the electronic gizmos - unless they win. :blink:

Dam, I am still wringing my hands 30, Allen or Web? Going over to maybeury at 10.00am. Die hard Republican, but Allen makes me cringe on so many fronts.

828023[/snapback]

Is he the Maccaca guy? At least he provides entertainment. :blink:

Is he the Maccaca guy?  At least he provides entertainment.  :blink:

828098[/snapback]

That be him. And lets show Maccaca how the "real"virginia works. BTW, Allen had a confederate flag proudly displayed in his office up to about 5 yrs ago. Now, this is the south, but dam.