Is the Ralph really safe to go to?

Let me just enter my perfect bubble world where me and my family can never be influenced or touched by anyone who I don't like or agree with. I bet the Ralph is safer than 85% of the rest of the world. Open your eyes, there are bad things and people everywhere. You don't get some kind of pass to live in a dream world. People are dying around the world every day, and you are concerned about having more cops at the game?

Stay in the safety of your own house, homeschool your kids so that they reflect your beliefs, and never become tainted with the real world, and please never go to the Ralph.

I started going to games when my dad got season tickets in '87 at the impressionable age of 8.  I saw people throw up on each other, I've seen fights, I've seen blood, I've people get hit with flying objects, I even saw a guy smack his significant other across the face.  Some of the most creative swearing I've ever heard in my life has also come at Rich/Ralph.  Definitely not PG stuff.

Looking back, it was probably a risk for my dad to let such a young kid witness this stuff eight Sundays (and more, back then) out of the year.  But on the way back to the car, he would always say, "See that?  That's how you don't want to be."  He was right.  It didn't look like fun at all.  I couldn't understand why those people just wouldn't wanna go and watch the game like I did.  I'm 100% sure seeing all that stuff at such a young age played a huge role in how I turned out.

828123[/snapback]

Good good. I still think that way. Why doesn't everyone just want to go and watch the game? It doesn't click. I went to games @ that age. Hell, I lived right up the street. The whole "don't want to be like that" is very true!!

Males + alcohol + competition/ego = High Potential For A$$holeness.

Expect it. It happens at every sports venue in some capacity and is in no way unique to the Ralph. If you're worried about the environment, take your kid to Chuck-E-Cheeze and watch it on TV.

RTB

You know I think that it was probably good for your kids to observe that kind of behavior.  They probably very easily saw how idiotic the fans were acting and started to deem it as negative behavior.  I can't stand the people that keep their children under lock and key and completely over shelter them.

828047[/snapback]

And when they grow up they are soft as hell. Don't know how to look out for themselves.

Nothing really changes. Its easy to say these kinds of occurances are isolated events, but they're hardly isolated if it is happening to you.

I remember being at the 1964 AFL Championship game with my dad, uncle & cousins. My dad and I got to sit up in our regular seats, but my uncle and his 2 kids got seats in the old endzone box section. That was not the best area, as I remember it and that day it proved true.

While it started in the 3rd quarter as a fight between a couple drunks, in the end it was a stabbing. My uncle grabbed his kids and left the game due to the tramatic experience for the kids. It was sad then, as it is sad today to have to experience such behavior at any sporting event.

It is a shame that so many folks feel the need to get so drunk that they behave this way at a game. But, I have never believed that you can legislate morality. This is our culture and we will just have to live with the risk.

It sure beats the heck out of not being able to see your team in person.

Looking back, it was probably a risk for my dad to let such a young kid witness this stuff eight Sundays (and more, back then) out of the year. But on the way back to the car, he would always say, "See that? That's how you don't want to be." He was right. It didn't look like fun at all. I couldn't understand why those people just wouldn't wanna go and watch the game like I did. I'm 100% sure seeing all that stuff at such a young age played a huge role in how I turned out.

828123[/snapback]

Good stuff. Every parent should read this post.

The Ralph is as safe as any other stadium. I'm sure people get beat up at Foxborough every week but tey don't make a federal case out of it. ... The Pats dude probably ran his mouth to the wrong people and got roughed up a bit.

I've been going here for 28 years and feel perfect safe in the stadium each week, well besides when Raiders fan is in town ;)

Let me just enter my perfect bubble world where me and my family can never be influenced or touched by anyone who I don't like or agree with.  I bet the Ralph is safer than 85% of the rest of the world. Open your eyes, there are bad things and people everywhere.  You don't get some kind of pass to live in a dream world. People are dying around the world every day, and you are concerned about having more cops at the game?

Stay in the safety of your own house, homeschool your kids so that they reflect your beliefs,  and never become tainted with the real world, and please never go to the Ralph.

828310[/snapback]

Bravo. People need to learn to deal.