A Question To All TSW Posters

First,  Favre lost the game?!  Does anyone give our Defense credit for creating any of those turnovers or pressures? Or were they just out there walking around waiting for Favre, the almighty, to make a mistake?  I swear, its like our defense didn't do anything.  The only reason the Pack didn't score was because the Pack made mistakes. 

827453[/snapback]

Have you seen Favre play this year? I'm willing to believe it was the latter...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense was responsible for the botched snaps?

827478[/snapback]

Perhaps Favre was changing the play because he saw the defense, the center didn't hear and snapped the ball early? Nope you're right. I'm sorry. I'll stop arguing. Favre gave us the win because he saw how bad we were and felt sorry for us.

I can't wait till we cut everyone next year. Think of the draft picks we can get, if Marv wakes up long enough to actually trade a few rather than just releasing them all.

Go Bills in the draft!

Your blind fanboy cheerleader crap is what's ridiculous. 

Just so we're consistent - when we killed the Jets statistically, we didn't lose the game right?  The Jets just won it with their top notch swiss cheese defense?

827493[/snapback]

Yes we lost it because the Jets beat us. I know its a shock, but the Jets are playing better than us.

I gotta say this is all just priceless. 

First,  Favre lost the game?!  Does anyone give our Defense credit for creating any of those turnovers or pressures? Or were they just out there walking around waiting for Favre, the almighty, to make a mistake?  I swear, its like our defense didn't do anything.  The only reason the Pack didn't score was because the Pack made mistakes. 

Sickening.  That's what that is.  I expect that kind of drivel from the national media, but not from supposed Bills fans.  Did any of you idiots bother to consider the fact that maybe our defense just played a good game for once? 

Second, JP badly under throws Evans on those 2 plays?!  Friggin insane!  How often do you see QBs throw the ball short and the reciever has to stop, adjust and catch the ball.  I'm not sure they're all designed that way; but I'd venture a guess that almost once every game by every team in the league a pass is thrown short and the receiver stops and gets the ball (or he stops and the DB runs into him and gets pass interference).  JP does this and OMG he sucks; he can't hit Evans in stride!    The ball hit Evans on the damn hands!  He should catch it period.  That miss is completely, 100% on Evans.  End of discussion.

On the touchdown pass, did any one else notice the guy rushing right up the middle, hitting JP as he throws the ball?!? He couldn't step into the throw at all.  I was surprised he got the ball off at all.  But, he did and actually hit a wide open Evans who walks in for the touchdown.  Yet, who cares, because the pass wasn't pretty.  Nevermind JP got laid on his ass immediately after the throw.

And this pass, is after a penalty.  8 minutes left in the game. The Pack has all the momentum, just scoring 10 points to tie the game.  We desparately needed a play, just 1 play - and we got it.  But, yet we all still want "the ball in the endzone".  News flash, it was a touchdown.  We all still want JP to lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter.  Newsflash, that's what he did.  We all want the team to play a full 60 minutes.  Newsflash, they did - scoring 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to win the game. When was the last time, we got the ball and kneeled down to end the game?

I'm sorry, it's not that JP or anyone on the defense did anything good; rather the Packers let us win out of their kind generosity.

Do we need to improve? Absolutely!  Do we need a new fanbase? Absolutely.  Because I've never seen so many idiots complaining when they're seeing (1) exactly what they wanted to see and (2) what we all knew we were going to see back in August. 

The greatest joy I'll get from the rest of this season is seeing all the idiots here blow a gasket watching JP play, because guess what? JP's not going anywhere.  Listen to Jauron, JP is here for the time being.  So, you might as well suck it up for the long haul because it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Ridiculous, it is.

827453[/snapback]

BRAVO! Dan. :flirt:

Perhaps Favre was changing the play because he saw the defense, the center didn't hear and snapped the ball early?  Nope you're right.  I'm sorry. I'll stop arguing.  Favre gave us the win because he saw how bad we were and felt sorry for us. 

I can't wait till we cut everyone next year.  Think of the draft picks we can get, if Marv wakes up long enough to actually trade a few rather than just releasing them all. 

Go Bills in the draft!

827495[/snapback]

Yeah riiiiiiight, Favre was frightened of a defense that gave up 427 yards, surrrrre.

LOL!

827468[/snapback]

I'm half-joking, but half-serious. Before the Chicago game, I fooled myself into thinking the team could go out, play a good game, and at least make an interesting game of it. But that game was an illustration of how far the game needs to go to compete. For better or for worse, I'm looking at this season as an extended preseason. We need to determine if we need 1, 2, 3 or more players on the offensive line, and we need to find out if JP can get the job done. Frustratingly, to me he remains an enigma, but I'd prefer to continue handing out more rope for him to hang himself with rather than pulling the plug now and still leaving doubts.

If he continues on this Kyle Boller career path he's on, I won't object if the Bills opt to go a different direction in the offseason, but I think it would be foolish to take out a young QB who's playing poor-to-mediocre ball on a poor-to-mediocre team.

Okay, well why WEREN'T you looking for more offense? Someone else posted what QBs have done against the GB defense, and JP is at the bottom of the list. Do you really think we can hang with the Colts next week if we're throwing for 100 yards? Even if the defense plays well, you've got to score points.

I dunno...I'm just frustrated with this team right now....llike a lot of other folks.

827435[/snapback]

If you feel the Bills have any chance of winning in a shoot-out next week brace yourself for a long day. Only chance they have to beat the colts is by playing exactly the way they played yesterday.

No mistakes(turnovers) and oppurtune D. win the turnovers and make a couple of plays late in the game to pull out the win......just the way I see it, sorry. :flirt:

Grow up.

827520[/snapback]

Sickening. That's what that is. I expect that kind of drivel from the national media, but not from supposed Bills fans. Did any of you idiots bother to consider the fact that maybe our defense just played a good game for once?

Sorry I'll try harder to mix in some namecalling and question others' fandom next time....as long as I don't criticize the team I'm all growns up :flirt:

I love it how "we wont be any better next year" Ever hear of rookies getting better and developing? Teams play together and grow together. Its called game experience. Its amazing what a bit of cohesiveness can do, but no, that doesnt satisfy the hot pocket crowd.

Ramius is referring to the "get it quick" mentality of the recent era, long after those back to back 2-14 seasons, where you waited for the Sunday highlights until Cosell narrated them at halftime during MNF.

Hot Pockets Fans, some of you are.

Sorry I'll try harder to mix in some namecalling and question others' fandom next time....as long as I don't criticize the team I'm all growns up  :flirt:

827529[/snapback]

Look, I'm not saying the Bills played a great! game and deserve our unconditional praise. All I'm saying is that there were good plays made by Buffalo players (even JP). Yet no one wants to give credit for that. If some ESPN writer pens a piece talking about how bad Favre played and how he gave the game away. Wouldn't you be upset that he didn't even mention any of the good plays our defenders made? I would. And it especially upsets me when fans of this team don't acknowledge any of the good play.

I was wondering what the hell Green Bay was thinking when they decided to pass on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line. They had just ran it up our ass for about 50 yards prior to that Simpson pick at the goal line.

There is no way in hell we could've stopped Ahman Green from getting 1 yard...

I was wondering what the hell Green Bay was thinking when they decided to pass on 1st and goal from the 1 yard line. They had just ran it up our ass for about 50 yards prior to that Simpson pick at the goal line.

There is no way in hell we could've stopped Ahman Green from getting 1 yard...

827577[/snapback]

From what I gathered GB felt sorry for us :flirt:

Look, I'm not saying the Bills played a great! game and deserve our unconditional praise.  All I'm saying is that there were good plays made by Buffalo players (even JP).  Yet no one wants to give credit for that.  If some ESPN writer pens a piece talking about how bad Favre played and how he gave the game away.  Wouldn't you be upset that he didn't even mention any of the good plays our defenders made?  I would.  And it especially upsets me when fans of this team don't acknowledge any of the good play.

827561[/snapback]

I'm not going to say the defense didn't have its moments. There were a few drives where they completely stymied the Packers, Fletcher-Baker made a nice read on his int, and I think Clements played a very good game. But having said that, they gave up a lot of yards, and the turnovers were due in large part to GB miscues. The fumbled snaps in particular were completely unforced, one of which bailed out the D from a near-certain touchdown at the end of the first half. And Favre had no business attempting the throw that got picked in the end zone. I think it's fair to say that the primary story of the game is Favre giving the game away.

I gotta say this is all just priceless. 

Sickening.  That's what that is.  I expect that kind of drivel from the national media, but not from supposed Bills fans.  Did any of you idiots bother to consider the fact that maybe our defense just played a good game for once? 

Second, JP badly under throws Evans on those 2 plays?!  Friggin insane!  How often do you see QBs throw the ball short and the reciever has to stop, adjust and catch the ball.  I'm not sure they're all designed that way; but I'd venture a guess that almost once every game by every team in the league a pass is thrown short and the receiver stops and gets the ball (or he stops and the DB runs into him and gets pass interference).  JP does this and OMG he sucks; he can't hit Evans in stride!    The ball hit Evans on the damn hands!  He should catch it period.  That miss is completely, 100% on Evans.  End of discussion.

On the touchdown pass, did any one else notice the guy rushing right up the middle, hitting JP as he throws the ball?!? He couldn't step into the throw at all.  I was surprised he got the ball off at all.  But, he did and actually hit a wide open Evans who walks in for the touchdown.  Yet, who cares, because the pass wasn't pretty.  Nevermind JP got laid on his ass immediately after the throw.

And this pass, is after a penalty.  8 minutes left in the game. The Pack has all the momentum, just scoring 10 points to tie the game.  We desparately needed a play, just 1 play - and we got it.  But, yet we all still want "the ball in the endzone".  News flash, it was a touchdown.  We all still want JP to lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter.  Newsflash, that's what he did.  We all want the team to play a full 60 minutes.  Newsflash, they did - scoring 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to win the game. When was the last time, we got the ball and kneeled down to end the game?

I'm sorry, it's not that JP or anyone on the defense did anything good; rather the Packers let us win out of their kind generosity.

Do we need to improve? Absolutely!  Do we need a new fanbase? Absolutely.  Because I've never seen so many idiots complaining when they're seeing (1) exactly what they wanted to see and (2) what we all knew we were going to see back in August. 

The greatest joy I'll get from the rest of this season is seeing all the idiots here blow a gasket watching JP play, because guess what? JP's not going anywhere.  Listen to Jauron, JP is here for the time being.  So, you might as well suck it up for the long haul because it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Ridiculous, it is.

827453[/snapback]

This makes far too much sense to be seen on this board.

If you feel the Bills have any chance of winning in a shoot-out next week brace yourself for a long day. Only chance they have to beat the colts is by playing exactly the way they played yesterday.

No mistakes(turnovers) and oppurtune D. win the turnovers and make a couple of plays late in the game to pull out the win......just the way I see it, sorry.  :flirt:

827519[/snapback]

Sure, I totally agree. The only way to beat the Colts is by playing top notch defense, but you sure as hell have to score points on top of that. They are going to score, regardless of how well we play on defense. I think it will take a few more than just a couple plays in the end of the game, man.

Is it too much to ask to win the game AND be entertained? It's very tough to watch a team go three and out all day and get sacked every time they drop back to pass.  You might win a game here and there under those circumstances, but you'll never contend for a Super Bowl.

827003[/snapback]

Almost worked for the Sabres during the Hasek years.

Look, I'm not saying the Bills played a great! game and deserve our unconditional praise.  All I'm saying is that there were good plays made by Buffalo players (even JP).  Yet no one wants to give credit for that.  If some ESPN writer pens a piece talking about how bad Favre played and how he gave the game away.  Wouldn't you be upset that he didn't even mention any of the good plays our defenders made?  I would.  And it especially upsets me when fans of this team don't acknowledge any of the good play.

827561[/snapback]

To each his own I guess. Until we make those plays vs. NE I'm going to remain unimpressed. I don't know what you were expecting on Sunday, but I expected a win vs. a bad NFC team at home because those are the games the Bills always win. I might add most of the ESPN haters picked us as well. Favre has been throwing games away like that for years - particularly on the road; not withstanding a couple good games in Detroit & Miami this year.