ESPNbarassing

Beerball

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halloween Derby?  give me a fuggin break.  Self promotion has been taken to a new level. :(

820699[/snapback]

These guys make watching a football game painful which is hard to do. The Theismann and Kornheiser suck up fest was too much for me to stomach.

The entire ESPN Football production is garbage. It all seems contrived, phony, forced upon us and way overblown. I don't need 10 minutes of crap before the game starts at 8:40. I don't need to see Paris Hilton. I don't need Music Video Openings and 5 minutes of computer graphics blowing stuff up on the screen. I don't need TWO utterly useless sideline reports. Just come on at 8:30. Play the MNF song and start the freakin game.

The other thing I really, really hate- The "Monday Night Football Countdown Clock" on the bottom of the screen - 24 HOURS before the games starts! I KNOW when MNF is on. How annoying is that?

Not to mention their schedule is utter crap as well. Next week- Seattle vs Oakland. Ohhh. Can't wait. The Countdown clock is on. 145:47:00.

The entire ESPN Football production is garbage. It all seems contrived, phony, forced upon us and way overblown.  I don't need 10 minutes of crap before the game starts at 8:40. I don't need to see Paris Hilton. I don't need Music Video Openings and 5 minutes of computer graphics blowing stuff up on the screen. I don't need TWO utterly useless sideline reports. Just come on at 8:30. Play the MNF song and start the freakin game.

The other thing I really, really hate- The "Monday Night Football Countdown Clock" on the bottom of the screen - 24 HOURS before the games starts! I KNOW when MNF is on. How annoying is that?

Not to mention their schedule is utter crap as well. Next week- Seattle vs Oakland. Ohhh. Can't wait. The Countdown clock is on. 145:47:00.

820776[/snapback]

A-friggin-men!

These guys make watching a football game painful which is hard to do.  The Theismann and Kornheiser suck up fest was too much for me to stomach.

820750[/snapback]

I have to turn the volume off, it's such drab that I often consider self inflicting a knife into my temple.

ESPN officially sucks in my book, the radio, the channel, everything.

Everyone involved looked like they were embarassed to be there. I know I was embarrased to watch. I would really like to watch a game without the crap some Network idiot dreams up.

On Screen Down-and-Distance arrows before the snap? GONE!

Useless sideline reporters who talk over plays? GONE!

Puking out love songs about one or two players the whole game? GONE!

Witty banter? GONE!

Joe Theisman, Tony Kornheiser, Mike Tirico, Boomer Esiason, Michael Irvin, Dan Marino, Dan Dierdorff? GONE!!!!!!!!!

Vote for me.

Living on the Left Coast benefit #1: Tivo the game and start watching it around 7 p.m. You avoid all the moronic crap with the press of a button.

And if I may use this space for a side note to Tony Kornhole:

Mr. Kornhole,

You are trying to make a living as a MNF mouthpiece who tells it like it is and who flies in the face of normal announcing. You call Theesman to the turf if he starts gushing about player, or contradicts himself, or any other football cliche is being shown.

But if you're going to take this role, then to have credibility, you must not be afraid to say something like "Holy crap. Why are the refs calling so many pass interference penalties on the Vikings when the defender isn't even touching the receiver? How can the refs watch REPLAY of a Viking receiver catch a ball, take three steps, make a football move AS CLEAR AS DAY, and call the pass incomplete?"

Congratulations, Tony. You're now just as worthless as the rest of them and have all the credibility of a wet mop.

And do me a favor. Shave your head or get the rest of the implants.

Everyone involved looked like they were embarassed to be there. I know I was embarrased to watch. I would really like to watch a game without the crap some Network idiot dreams up.

On Screen Down-and-Distance arrows before the snap? GONE!

Useless sideline reporters who talk over plays? GONE!

Puking out love songs about one or two players the whole game? GONE!

Witty banter? GONE!

Joe Theisman, Tony Kornheiser, Mike Tirico, Boomer Esiason, Michael Irvin, Dan Marino,  Dan Dierdorff? GONE!!!!!!!!!

Vote for me.

820845[/snapback]

Agreed. Especially the down and distance arrow. Whatever happend to just listing "3rd and 4" in small text right below the score in the upper corner?

If you need a !@#$ing arrow to show you 3rd and 4, because you cant determine that a team on the 32 needs to get to the 36 on 3rd and 4, dont bother watchign football.

Get a grip people. If the production of a football game really makes you angry, it may be time to evaluate yourself.

I thought the halftime race was hilarious. It was 49 bonus seconds that I didn't have to listen to John Mellencamp's Chevy song. Plus, I was really holding out hope that the guy in the Michael Irvin costume would kneel down and pretend to snort the goalline.

ESPN's only good points are Stephen A. Smith and Stuart Scott.

And the Baseball Tonight crew, they are generally pretty informative. Although w/o Harold Reynolds, they may offer less analysis and sink down to the rest. We'll have to see.

Any old farts here? I remember the great Ray Scott doing games in the 60s:

"Starr...Dowler...touchdown."

That was it...a touchdown pass that would have the present-day terds doing cartwheels, was often as simply stated as that.

Of course, we only had a B/W Zenith at the time also.... :(

Agreed. Especially the down and distance arrow. Whatever happend to just listing "3rd and 4" in small text right below the score in the upper corner?

If you need a !@#$ing arrow to show you 3rd and 4, because you cant determine that a team on the 32 needs to get to the 36 on 3rd and 4, dont bother watchign football.

820967[/snapback]

Have you never had to answer the phone or the door or a nature call and when you get back to the game you want to know what the down and distance is ?

It is a reasonable request. I like the down and distance on screen things myself.

Have you never had to answer the phone or the door or a nature call and when you get back to the game you want to know what the down and distance is ?

It is a reasonable request. I like the down and distance on screen things myself.

821019[/snapback]

I actually like it as well -- yeah, you can tell by reading "3rd and 4" but seeing the first down line and/or the arrow on the screen is pretty cool.

Plus, the technology that makes it happen is VERY cool :(

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/question225.htm