I am glad JP is willing to take some blame for the

bluv

I like that about him as he is willing to stick up for his team mates. While he has improved, he is not without fault or blame;particullarly when it comes to sacks. For those blinside hits where he has no chance that have caused fumbles I will excuse him for that. But there are times where he does hold the ball too long. To be truthful, I don't think the O-line has been as much to blame this year as people have made them out to be. The suspect playcalling, receivers not getting open, and JP youthfullness and locking on to one receiver are the main culprits. Those quick hits that cause fumbles catch everybody's attention but overall I feel that in most games JP has had time to at least set up and make a read. Everybody's favorite whipping boy, Gandy, who everybody treats as if he is not start worthy has given up 4.5 sacks; 3.5 happening in ONE game at Detroit. The other was the safety against the Pats.

Until we make better playcalling and put our best players in positions to make plays such as more crossing routes for Lee and offtackle runs for Willis to avoid constantly being in 3rd and long then this O-line shuffle won't matter.

He must be lying. I have read here all week long that all of JP's problems are that he doesn't have a big receiver, his Oline sucks, and Mcgahee can't run or block since Travis left. Since I read it here, and everyone agreed that it wasn't JP's fault at all it must be true. Why is JP lying like this? I don't understand.

I was thinking the same thing while reading that article. It's good to see him own up to his share of the blame. I think it also shows a certain amount of confidence in him that his job as starter isn't in jeapardy. It's also the type of thing that a team leader does; he takes the heat and stands up for his teammates. All good things to see from in the progression of a young QB.

It's also the type of thing that a team leader does; he takes the heat and stands up for his teammates.  All good things to see from in the progression of a young QB.

817607[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I couldn't have said it any better. Now we just need to see this group of guys start jelling and mold together as a "TEAM"

Everybody's favorite whipping boy, Gandy, who everybody treats as if he is not start worthy has given up 4.5 sacks; 3.5 happening in ONE game at Detroit. The other was the safety against the Pats.

817604[/snapback]

But sacks are not everything. Pressures don't always show up in stat columns, but they can disrupt plays as well as cause interceptions.

Losman is certainly not without fault, but it is hard to develop any qb without at least a semi-secure blind side.

I like that about him as he is willing to stick up for his team mates. While he has improved, he is not without fault or blame;particullarly when it comes to sacks. For those blinside hits where he has no chance that have caused fumbles I will excuse him for that. But there are times where he does hold the ball too long. To be truthful, I don't think the O-line has been as much to blame this year as people have made them out to be.

817604[/snapback]

I agree with you. I am more disappointed in the O-line ability to run block this season. I think their pass blocking has been OK (minus the blind side hits). I've seen many other teams have offensive line woes similar to Buffalo. Maybe 4 or 5 teams have above average Lines, then the rest are just week to week depending on the opponent.

As a fan, i appreciate JP stepping up and taking some of the heat off his O-line.

i acknowledge that JP has great raw talent, a rocket arm and I like his attitude. However he does seem to stare down his receivers and throw when he shouldn't. I'm hoping this changes as the season progresses. JP is improving, but he definitely hasn't established himself as the qb of the future. I'm pulling for him to do this during the remainder of the season!

i acknowledge that JP has great raw talent, a rocket arm and I like his attitude.  However he does seem to stare down his receivers and throw when he shouldn't.  I'm hoping this changes as the season progresses.  JP is improving, but he definitely hasn't established himself as the qb of the future.  I'm pulling for him to do this during the remainder of the season!

817636[/snapback]

I completely agree with you, but just about every young QB has these same problems. In addition, he doesn't see open receivers all the time either. Usually, with playing time, the game starts to slow down and all these problems disappear. I'm hopeful that with playing time, that is what we'll also see with JP. I am optimistic having seen the improvement in his play from last year to this year.

i acknowledge that JP has great raw talent, a rocket arm and I like his attitude.  However he does seem to stare down his receivers and throw when he shouldn't.  I'm hoping this changes as the season progresses.  JP is improving, but he definitely hasn't established himself as the qb of the future.  I'm pulling for him to do this during the remainder of the season!

817636[/snapback]

Me to man. I'm hoping we seem some vast improvements from now till the end of the season. He has improved since last year and I really hope he just keeps improving.

He must be lying.  I have read here all week long that all of JP's problems are that he doesn't have a big receiver, his Oline sucks, and Mcgahee can't run or block since Travis left.  Since I read it here, and everyone agreed that it wasn't JP's fault at all it must be true.  Why is JP lying like this?  I don't understand.

817606[/snapback]

Well having better receivers, better blocking, and more run support are all benefecial to a QB; especially a young one. Maybe I should say it a little LOUDER; my point ALL ALONG is that while JP has NOT arrived and is not at this time capable of CARRYING a team, he has IMPROVED and if we were a better team and he had the luxuries mentioned above that young QB's drafted ahead of him (Eli, RIvers, Ben) he would be more PRODUCTIVE and a WIN more games. After saying all that JP OR any of the young QB's I just mentioned are complete QB's yet as they all make plenty of mistakes. The difference is those other 3 are on better teams with a better supporting cast with more PLAYMAKERS on BOTH sides of the ball.

I think the blame should be put on everyone on the offense.  WR's not getting open, RB not running hard, the OL not blocking, the QB not making the right decisions.....I dont think the blame can be put on one person here.....

817648[/snapback]

You are corect but like a leader of a team should do he is the one stepping up and saying he will take some of the blame and saying he will fix the problems from his end. I mean that deserves some respect from my standpoint wouldn't you say.

But sacks are not everything. Pressures don't always show up in stat columns, but they can disrupt plays as well as cause interceptions.

Losman is certainly not without fault, but it is hard to develop any qb without at least a semi-secure blind side.

817615[/snapback]

All those presures from his blind side aren't always Gandy's fault either as a lot have been blitzes that have been missed by Reys and the RB's. I know those WM bashers won't forget WM playing matador to that NY safety that bust JP in that Jet's game!

All those presures from his blind side aren't always Gandy's fault either as a lot have been blitzes that have been missed by Reys and the RB's. I know those WM bashers won't forget WM playing matador to that NY safety that bust JP in that Jet's game!

817655[/snapback]

This is true, but it doesn't mean that Gandy is anything more than a sub-par OT. As for Reyes, the best thing we can say about him is that he is better than Bennie Anderson, who is unthinkably bad.

These guys were dumped from their teams for a reason, yet welcomed into Buffalo. This is fact, and it begs the question......Why?

This is true, but it doesn't mean that Gandy is anything more than a sub-par OT. As for Reyes, the best thing we can say about him is that he is better than Bennie Anderson, who is unthinkably bad.

These guys were dumped from their teams for a reason, yet welcomed into Buffalo. This is fact, and it begs the question......Why?

817666[/snapback]

But he isn't the revolving door at LT that some have made him out to be either as while he was 1st viewed as a stopgap LT he did an average OK job there the past 2 seasons. I'm not saying that he is a good LT or anything close but he did an OK job blocking for a young QB who holds the too long and playing on a team that has no offensive identity, establishes nothing, and constantly ends up in 3rd and 8 or more. Show me a team that has a Pro Bowler at every position. Don't many teams have a franchise LT or even RT as it is a luxury. If the Pats can go 5-1 by starting a rookie at RT then anything can be accomplished. And if you don't think he is that bad or is better than Gandy go back and watched the 2 games he played against us!

He must be lying.  I have read here all week long that all of JP's problems are that he doesn't have a big receiver, his Oline sucks, and Mcgahee can't run or block since Travis left.  Since I read it here, and everyone agreed that it wasn't JP's fault at all it must be true.  Why is JP lying like this?  I don't understand.

817606[/snapback]

I think many of us were saying that the JP is not the sole person responsible for the Bills mess...especially in response to many of the venomous attacks on JP. I think many agreed that JP needs to play better, but his teammates also need to be equally accounted for.

817615[/snapback]

Bill, I haven't been following The Wall intently this week, but I have to imagine you're excited about seeing what Peters can do on the left side?

Bill, I haven't been following The Wall intently this week, but I have to imagine you're excited about seeing what Peters can do on the left side?

817791[/snapback]

Yeah, and just as excited to see Pennington get some playing time, because there is absolutely nothing to lose by taking Gandy out of the lineup, and we might as well see now if the kid can play.

Yeah, and just as excited to see Pennington get some playing time, because there is absolutely nothing to lose by taking Gandy out of the lineup, and we might as well see now if the kid can play.

817856[/snapback]

If Peters turns out to be a stud on the left, it could really end up saving the Bills' bacon in FA and the draft next year...leaving Marv free to draft some more DBs. <_<