Former Buffalo Bill Joe D wants to

this link should be pinned.  everyone should listen to what Joe D. has to say. 

not a big fan of Schopp and what's his name.  but it was great to hear Joe just rip this organization as a fan.

816422[/snapback]

Can anyone summarize for those of us who can't get the audio to work?

Can anyone summarize for those of us who can't get the audio to work?

816434[/snapback]

Joe D.:

There are no leaders on this team.

No one on this team is embarassed by their play.

We still need to give Dick and Marv time to develop a team.

McGahee is a punk.

The OLine is a disaster.

Joe D is willing to cut three of fingers off at midfield. :lol:

Joe D.: 

There are no leaders on this team. 

No one on this team is embarassed by their play.

We still need to give Dick and Marv time to develop a team.

McGahee is a punk.

The OLine is a disaster.

Joe D is willing to cut three of fingers off at midfield.  :lol:

816443[/snapback]

I think point No. 3 is probably central, and I think I'll have to disagree with No. 1-2. Losman definitely is embarrassed by his play, and the last thing we need is him internalizing that even more. You can't go out there burdened by failure week in, week out.

I think the problem with point No. 1 is that there are leaders on this team, just that one (Takeo) is not at his physical best, another (Villarial) flat-out sucks and should be speaking for nobody, and then we have a lot of players who are more of the silent type in Evans, etc. I want to see JP become that leader, but it has to become clear that these guys want to be led, too. I see a lot of individuals but not the real cameraderie that needs to happen for this thing to be a success. I guess I'm sort of contradicting myself here but I think my points have some merit.

I want to see JP become that leader

816451[/snapback]

in my observation of what goes on on the sideline, i don't see this happening.

i agree that it is essential, but i don't see it happening.

i don't mean to harp on the Jim Kelly days, but you actually can see it with the Steelers now with Roethelisbergerererer. On the sidelines, the QB is with his teammates or his teammates are surrounding him.

with Losman, whenever I see him on the sideline he is alone. by himself. as if no one on the team wants to get close to him or cares to.

it's kinda wierd.

in my observation of what goes on on the sideline, i don't see this happening.

i agree that it is essential, but i don't see it happening. 

i don't mean to harp on the Jim Kelly days, but you actually can see it with the Steelers now with Roethelisbergerererer.  On the sidelines, the QB is with his teammates or his teammates are surrounding him.

with Losman, whenever I see him on the sideline he is alone.  by himself.  as if no one on the team wants to get close to him or cares to.

it's kinda wierd.

816455[/snapback]

To what do you attribute this, you think? I mean, it seems like onfield he has a rapport with Lee and at least they would be close. He just needs to take Willis and the line out to dinner every week or something.

To what do you attribute this, you think?  I mean, it seems like onfield he has a rapport with Lee and at least they would be close.  He just needs to take Willis and the line out to dinner every week or something.

816459[/snapback]

i have no idea. i think it is a sign that he is not a natural leader.

i have never seen any fire in him. never seen him get after a defender for sticking him a little late and i have never seen any of his OLine get pissed and get a little extra push or punch in on a defender after giving the QB a late hit.

I think Joe D said there are no leaders because you can't be a leader on losing teams. You can't look your teammates in the face and be a leader when you get beaten down on the field and make critical mistakes.

Anyway, it's always refeshing to hear Joe D because he tells it like is. Since he played and knows all the nuances of what it takes to play in the NFL, i respect his opinion more tha most.

i have no idea.  i think it is a sign that he is not a natural leader.

i have never seen any fire in him.  never seen him get after a defender for sticking him a little late and i have never seen any of his OLine get pissed and get a little extra push or punch in on a defender after giving the QB a late hit.

816460[/snapback]

Funny, then, that the whole rap on him was that he was cocky coming out of college. Perhaps he's been trying to suppress that and it's turned him into something else? Perhaps the league has just humbled him too much?

I think on the contrary you did see Willis trying to atone for allowing the blitzer through a few weeks ago, and if it wasn't to protect JP outright, it was definitely with a sense of doing right by the team.

I also think that if these guys need motivation other than their contracts and the desire to be the best in the game -- i.e. motivation strictly from the QB -- that that's just as much of a problem.

To me, some people are never going to think he's doing it right, until he's winning. Then, his "bouncing around like a kid" on the sidelines will instead be "him just having fun, playing the game." His quietness on the sidelines would become "his cool demeanor." There are plenty of ways to look at it. Winning changes those perspectives.

To what do you attribute this, you think?  I mean, it seems like onfield he has a rapport with Lee and at least they would be close.  He just needs to take Willis and the line out to dinner every week or something.

Kelly invited the entire team to his house after every home game, win or lose, for a party. That team was close. Maybe JP needs to start doing some of these things?

Kelly invited the entire team to his house after every home game, win or lose, for a party.  That team was close.  Maybe JP needs to start doing some of these things?

816569[/snapback]

As long as he doesn't bring the party into Super Bowl week. :lol: Of course, if we get there again, much will be forgiven.

Joe D also said/implied (on the pre-game show) that he could tell whether a lineman was good or bad immediately, could draft better than any GM in the league, that scouts know nothing, and if Ralph would pay him $100,000 he would go out and find him too great linemen every year.

816481[/snapback]

FWIW, a few weeks ago, Joe D claimed, being a huge Bills fan, and considering himself a pretty good judge of football "players", he twice, over they years, called Ralph Wilson, and recommended who the Bills should draft. His guys: Ruben Brown and Shane Conlan...

Maybe Joe D is lobbying to be the next Matt Millen?