The thing I hate most about the Patriots...

...is how phony Bill Belichick is when he talks about other teams. He always heaps such ridiculous praise upon the team that it becomes no longer the standard, every team is good, every game is hard, but some pathetic farce.

He's doing it now with all this talk about how dangerous the Bills are and how all these "stars" have hurt the Patriots so badly in years past. Remember how much he would kiss up to Bledsoe but then in his biography he would say how he knew that Bledsoe would always choke, always force the ball etc. and that's why he traded him within his division.

The guy does barely enough to win against weak teams like the Bills. That is why the Bills almost won. He kept the trickery and the strategy to a minimum. But it almost back-fired against him. This time, he will crush the Bills most likely.

Here's hoping that the Bills can wipe the smirk off of that homeless-bum-looking, wife-stealing smarta$$.

They are a team that has been getting all the breaks for five years now and it all starting with the the tuck. At some point the real start players are going to stop being brainwashed by the coaches BS and start walking for the money -- Milloy, Law and Branch are great examples. I doubt his ability to keep building Super Bowl teams with average players made into superheros like Vrabel, Bruschi and Harrison.

For me, the Patriots have taken the Dolphins spot as most hated rival. I must tip my hat to the organization, but would love nothing better to serve up another butt kicking like we did a few years ago in the opener.

Bottom line - if we are going to salvage the season and stay in this thing we have a perfect opportunity this weekend. Beating the Patriots wpuld mean much more to this team than any other possible Win on the schedule.

I'm with you...

Can't stand the guy, the owner, the fairy boy QB..the smugness...oh, and that set of d cups on him...

I would trade a win tomorrow with Brady gettin roughed up and doing his cry baby act for no wins the rest of the season....man, I'd take a 60-0 Loss to the Titans on

Dec 24th to get my wish....

Nah. It's their phans. Coach Billy isn't even a close second.

Their fans are as phoney as a three dollar bill and just as queer.

811760[/snapback]

What do you expect? The Patriot fans are the same ones who are the Red Sox fans. OHHHHH!!! "D-dum-dum, tsss!" go the drum and cymbal :blink:

What do you expect? The Patriot fans are the same ones who are the Red Sox fans. OHHHHH!!! "D-dum-dum, tsss!" go the drum and cymbal :blink:

811771[/snapback]

That's about it. 'Cept the Sux fans (over the age of 19) are mostly long time fans.

Screw 'em all, I say.

They are a team that has been getting all the breaks for five years now and it all starting with the the tuck. At some point the real start players are going to stop being brainwashed by the coaches BS and start walking for the money -- Milloy, Law and Branch are great examples. I doubt his ability to keep building Super Bowl teams with average players made into superheros like Vrabel, Bruschi and Harrison.

For me, the Patriots have taken the Dolphins spot as most hated rival. I must tip my hat to the organization, but would love nothing better to serve up another butt kicking like we did a few years ago in the opener.

Bottom line - if we are going to salvage the season and stay in this thing we have a perfect opportunity this weekend. Beating the Patriots wpuld mean much more to this team than any other possible Win on the schedule.

811734[/snapback]

I am gonna diverge here, as usual... :lol::(

I still contend it is very VERY much financial and the health of the org is linked to the new stadium and WINNING... Without winning, they are in deep do-do...

I am not saying that there is a conspiro out there to keep them winning or getting the breaks... Just funny how the breaks fall for some orgs...

And yes, I am probably more jealous than in awe... All this crazy and out of control money stuff really does work for some...

Pretty soon you won't be able to get a ticket to a NFL game without giving up your first born... Thank God for the Buffalo and Oaklands...

:blink:;)

...is how phony Bill Belichick is when he talks about other teams. He always heaps such ridiculous praise upon the team that it becomes no longer the standard, every team is good, every game is hard, but some pathetic farce.

The guy does barely enough to win against weak teams like the Bills. That is why the Bills almost won. He kept the trickery and the strategy to a minimum. But it almost back-fired against him. This time, he will crush the Bills most likely.

Here's hoping that the Bills can wipe the smirk off of that homeless-bum-looking, wife-stealing smarta$$.

811732[/snapback]

Would you rather have a coach say that he is going to extend his recent record against the Bills to 12-1 ? Phony or not, it works for his team and that is all that matters.

And, about those 'almost lost' games for the Patriots ? His team has been almost losing for several years now but they win many more than lose. I think for fans of a team, that is extra fun in watching such games than blowouts. Any of us would rather almost lose than almost win.

If you want to really get fired up, tune into Boston's WEI and listen to that bunch of talking chowda heads talk down about the Bills and the entire WNY region. To make things worse our very own Benedict Arnold.... Fred Smerleas is there piling on because he is not smart enough to do anything else, much less defend the team that put his name up in their stadium.

Smerleas is a POS. His name should be removed from the WALL with a ceremony at halftime of the Pats game.

I think I hate about the Pats is that they always beat the Bills.

811864[/snapback]

If you want to talk about bandwagon fans where are yours?

I have been going to games at Foxboro since 1987 and in the early '90's when the Bills were good there would be 10-15K Bills fans at the game.

Fast forward to the last few years and I hardly see any Bills fans at Foxboro.

I have been to Buffalo and I like the fans. Why? Beacuse back when they were kicking the Pats arse they were cool. Unlike Jet or Fin fans.

Spare the hate people. Make fun of BB all you want. Just don't make fun of the fans that have supported the Pats before "2001" as a lot of Bills fans want to say.

Explain how being decimated by injury in '03 and '04 could be considered "breaks."

811882[/snapback]

I think he means on field breaks... Maybe it is just the fan in me... Flags don't seem to fly at times, whistles get stuck in pockets, etc...

Then again... Good teams exploit that.

Look at the Urlacher and the forced fumble against the Cards... If that was early in the game, the whistle might have blown... Knowing the Bears (or really any team) needed a comeback... The whistle gets stuck. You can't challenge the runners' progress... And it was totally stopped with Edge being totally wrapped up... BUT the whistle never blew... Good teams know how to play "whistle to whistle."

That was a break that decided a game... And it happens all over, seems like the "good" teams always get their helping... And maybe rightly so.

I am not saying that the NFL will "push" a game on purpose... Yet, it happens inadvertantly... With the "good" teams getting better and the "bad" teams worse.

Lot more subtle than the NHL though...

Capeche?

I've taken one trip to Foxboro and it was this year for the season opener. I was very unimpressed by the enthusiasm of their fans. Boston fans in general suck. Some of my best friends from college are huge patriots and red sox fans.. They are so obnoxious. I'll never forget the day we beat the pats 31 - 0 in the season opener and a dozen pats fan were sitting in the room with me completely traumatized. That was awesome. GO BILLS

I've taken one trip to Foxboro and it was this year for the season opener.  I was very unimpressed by the enthusiasm of their fans.  Boston fans in general suck.  Some of my best friends from college are huge patriots and red sox fans.. They are so obnoxious.  I'll never forget the day we beat the pats 31 - 0 in the season opener and a dozen pats fan were sitting in the room with me completely traumatized.  That was awesome.  GO BILLS

811929[/snapback]

That was awesome.

Who won the Super Bowl that year? What was the score of the last Bills game that season?

If you want to talk about bandwagon fans where are yours?

I have been going to games at Foxboro since 1987 and in the early '90's when the Bills were good there would be 10-15K Bills fans at the game.

Fast forward to the last few years and I hardly see any Bills fans at Foxboro.

I have been to Buffalo and I like the fans.  Why?  Beacuse back when they were kicking the Pats arse they were cool.  Unlike Jet or Fin fans.

Spare the hate people.  Make fun of BB all you want.  Just don't make fun of the fans that have supported the Pats before "2001" as a lot of Bills fans want to say.

811887[/snapback]

Why don't we talk about the band wagon fans then. I bet there was 15,000 Bills fans at Foxboro in the early 90's because none of the Patriots fans went to the games because they were atrocious. This made it easy to get tickets. I think one of those years (91?) a Patriot teams was voted the worst NFL team ever. Now you don't see 15,000 Bills fans there because the patriots are actually good so it's much tougher to get tickets. Plus your ticket prices are the highest in the NFL. That sounds a lot more like Bandwagon fans than Bills fans who continually sell out even though we'eve been a bad team and we have one of the smallest markets. Your own statement proved what a bunch of bandwagon fans the Patriots have. I travelled all the way to Gillette for the season opener and was shocked at how quiet and calm the fans were. Talk about no intensity, no one being rowdy.

I am sure Patriots fans hated the Bills in the early 90's just like the Bills hate the Pats now. Thats what happens when one team is on top for a period of time. Me personally, as much as I hate the Patriots because they've been good lately, I'll still always be a dolphin hater first because that was the first rivalry I grew up with as a Bills fan.

He's doing it now with all this talk about how dangerous the Bills are and how all these "stars" have hurt the Patriots so badly in years past. Remember how much he would kiss up to Bledsoe but then in his biography he would say how he knew that Bledsoe would always choke, always force the ball etc. and that's why he traded him within his division.

811732[/snapback]

...And, instead of praising the Bills, BB said "The Bills are a team that would have trouble beating a Division 1AA college team....etc." you would be less indignant?

...And, instead of praising the Bills, BB said "The Bills are a team that would have trouble beating a Division 1AA college team....etc." you would be less indignant?

812126[/snapback]

It would be nice if people actually would read posts before replying to them. As I said, you can expect the typical, oh they're still a good team, they gave us a tough time, blah blah... but he makes his praise so ridiculous it borders on sarcasm.

And let's say that he was just trying to give the teams proper respect... well, it is well known that he holds back against poorer teams in order to save plays and strategies for the bigger games. So the fact that the Bills almost beat the Patriots last week was not because the Bills were any good but because the Patriots were taking them lightly.

And while he heaps ridiculous praise on his opponent--like saying how great Bledsoe was when he was here--he is blasting him in his biography, saying the complete opposite.