Let's face it: RW said it best

Tolstoy

At the start of the season, in an interview, RW (the owner of the Bills, mind you) admitted that the Bills might be a bit short on talent at this point.

Folks, we can hope and we can examine things from all sorts of pleasant perspectives, but the fact remains that this team just doesn't have the horses: not on O-line, not on D-line, not at CB, and perhaps not at QB.

If you want to see a team with talent, and what the results from that are, check out the Sabres.

The best we can hope for this season is that a few players emerge as budding stars. My hope for Losman in this regard is diminishing as the season moves on. At some point, by now, he has to seize the game, and he has not.

God it's great to read a post from someone with an IQ above 10. Not that your's isn't far above that. I for sure don't mean it to seem that way. You speak the trooth for the most part, thank-you. I'm not so sure about the cb situation, because, let's face it... the defensive front 7 hasn't done a hell of a lot. And, the soft middle has allowed offenses to dictate the tempo and keep the defensive backfield honest and out of attack mode.

Offensively... we really need an LT and C upgrade. We agree at QB... he just can't seem to get over the hum, but, I'm gonna hold off on calling that til the end of the season, for Christ' sake, the damn kid's only started 14 NFL games and doesn't have a lot of help. Other than that, clearly, RB is a stumbling block... and not too many Bills fans are willing to acknowledge that Willis ain't got what it takes and never will. There are many backs that have come through the NFL with an Oline as bad, or worse, than the Bills have and fared far better. Take a look at the Chargers oline since Ladanian Tomlinson has been there. The names constantly change and there aren't a whole lot of folks that can name one of them without looking it up. But LT still piles up the yardage. Corey Dillon in Cincy had the same situation, Ricky W. in Miami, and other than Lomas Brown, who blocked for Barry Sanders in Detroit?

The Bills should be way under the cap next year. Clements is a gonner, Vincent already is gone, Fletcher's contract is up, and who knows what may happen with TKO...we've not seen enough of him to know whether he's the TKO we all knew. So, there better be one hell of a lot of activity in the offseason at OBD to upgrade the talent.

At the start of the season, in an interview, RW (the owner of the Bills, mind you) admitted that the Bills might be a bit short on talent at this point.

Folks, we can hope and we can examine things from all sorts of pleasant perspectives, but the fact remains that this team just doesn't have the horses: not on O-line, not on D-line, not at CB, and perhaps not at QB.

If you want to see a team with talent, and what the results from that are, check out the Sabres.

The best we can hope for this season is that a few players emerge as budding stars.  My hope for Losman in this regard is diminishing as the season moves on.  At some point, by now, he has to seize the game, and he has not.

809227[/snapback]

There was some crazy poster named ROSCOE P.TRAIN who insisted over and over this past summer, that the Bills have inferior talent! Could it have been Ralph all along? :unsure:

The Bills should be way under the cap next year.  Clements is a gonner, Vincent already is gone, Fletcher's contract is up, and who knows what may happen with TKO...we've not seen enough of him to know whether he's the TKO we all knew.  So, there better be one hell of a lot of activity in the offseason at OBD to upgrade the talent.

809376[/snapback]

Some of these problems is due to the mess left by the previous regime (just like any place where there is a change)....We did not build depth at many positions in the last 5 years thereby leaving big holes when starters like Jennings left via FA.

Marv Levy has had one FA and Draft to sign about 15-20 players....It will take him another draft/FA to bolster the starting line ups. Hopefully by next year players like SImpson, Ellison and WHitner are much for Savvy to play the NFL and players like Youbouty, Butler are ready to take over starting position. We will probably be active in FA and sign some of the talent at OL/DL....Unfortunately all teams lock up their good DL and OL starters....they hardly leave via FA....We will have to dip into the 2nd tier FA pool for some of the starters...

In addition to the above you mentioned, Gandy is also a UFA and I doubt he gets re-signed.....I think the Bills should play Butler at LT in the 2nd half of the season...May be he is a gem like Kyle Williams....

Even with a 2-5 start I am excited for this team as every year.....I am fan of the Buffalo BIlls and will root for them no matter how they play....The NFL is a pretty watered down league....look at the # of 3-3 and 2-3 teams at the end of week 6 of the NFL.....You get a break here and there and you could be in the top echelon of teams......If the bills win the Jets/Pats/Lions game, then they would have better records than the Steelers, Bengals, Falcons, Giants, Eagles.....and on..... The margin of error is pretty small....

Now I hope they can go and kick some Pats Butts at RWS on Sunday......

Once or twice more and I'm going to vomit

In addition to the above you mentioned, Gandy is also a UFA and I doubt he gets re-signed.

I'm with you there. Gandy's not a bad player though. He's a gurd that has played admirably at the most importnat and scrutinized position on the Oline. He is what he is and at LT he's a stop-gap plug the hole in the dike type of guy. We definitely need LT C & RB upgrades next season... and if JP doesn't pan out we're in real trouble because I don't know of a rookie that's ready for prime time yet... even if the Bills get a Lynart, Young, or Cutler type, the rality is their at least 3 years away from taking it to the next level. And, there are no FAs out there that are going to give you much more with the current talent on O. At this point I think they need to get JP a LT, C, and RB and see if it significantly raises his productivity and the team's.

even if the Bills get a Lynart, Young, or Cutler type, the rality is their at least 3 years away from taking it to the next level.

809556[/snapback]

They are atleast 3 years away, yet Losman only gets 2 full years at starter? If you remember, his first year was pretty much a wash when he was out for almost the entire season with a broken leg.

They are atleast 3 years away, yet Losman only gets 2 full years at starter? If you remember, his first year was pretty much a wash when he was out for almost the entire season with a broken leg.

809572[/snapback]

In all honesty, Lienart might only get one more game. He does, after all have 2 losses in a row. And Young didn't win the game, the Redskins are just that bad.

I have complete an total confidence that if any one of these guys were on the Bills team, there'd be a multitude of posts calling for us to draft/trade from someone else.

So Ralph what have you done to improve the team by hiring one flunky after another.

809457[/snapback]

Jaruon may not be Marv of Bills glory, but he is a solid, even-tempered coach who after GW and MM will provide some class and composure to a team that desperately needs it.

You bring in a new coaching staff and new GM you are rebuilding and given the caps in the NFL it typically takes 3 years for a new regime to make its impact. This is going to be a vetting year to see what the Bills got, and morose what they do not. This upcoming draft and FA season will truly lay the groundwork to Marv's plan, or lack of one (Oh dear Lord, let him have a plan).

the rality is their at least 3 years away from taking it to the next level.

809556[/snapback]

Beautiful. Another rebuilding thread.

No team in this league is three years away. None. Teams that think themselves three years away WILL NEVER ARRIVE. We know who these teams are and have been. The Bills are not one of them.

809227[/snapback]

Yeah, we know.

We all know how the Sabres are doing. I mean, it's so hard to miss when everybody mentions the Sabres, in every thread, on a Bills board.

Hot tip guys! Check out the Sabres!

Jesus H. Christ.

No team in this league is three years away.

Keep telling yourself this... and the Bills will win the SB this year.

If you know a faster way, we all want to know... especially Levy & co.

FYI... Bills ain't making it to the big show this year, next year, or the year after... not enough horses.

809227[/snapback]

Well, ok....I love the Sabres and the Bills, but let's put an end to the comparisons right now.

The Sabres are winning because they have *the right talent* for the way the new NHL rules were laid out. They use their speed and quickness to out-skate the other team's defense, kill penalties, and score when given the man advantage. Guys like Briere, Drury, Afinogenov, Roy, Campbell, and Numminen are fast and (more importantly) quick to the puck. In addition, none of these players are huge stars and none of them really became huge stars after last year's playoff run. I'll guarantee you that if anyone wants to look at the faces of the NHL, none of the Sabres will be on that list.

The NFL hasn't yet changed the rules so that the Bills (or anyone else) can take advantage with the personnel they have. It's all about being able to run and stop the run...and the Bills don't have the OL or DL to do either consistently. I like Aaron Schobel, but opposing teams can simply key in on him to stop the entire Bills' pash rush. Losing *both* Pat Williams and Sam Adams (thanks, TD :unsure:) killed the Bills chances of stopping the run for the next few years. The OL issues have been well-documented, also (can someone PLEASE protect the QB?!??!?).

That's why the Sabres are winning and the Bills are losing. We can't just take the Sabres blueprint and apply it to the Bills....it's just not that simple.

Marv and company got rid of Sam Adams, not TD and from what I hear, the Bengals wish the Bills would have kept him

809824[/snapback]

Could be! :doh:

I mentioned yesterday that the local media are starting to figure out that Sam isn't the big run-stopper they have been touting.

He did ok in the first two games, but as their linebackers started to drop like flies - all starters are injured and out - suspended for the season in the case of the idiot Thurmann, whatever Sam can do is easily neutralized.

I find it hard to believe that cincy is a 3 point favorite over CAR.