When the Bills get you down...

As bad as the Bills are, the Buffalo Sabres are un-freakin-believable good!  They kicked the snot out Philly tonight. (Don't they always?)  I have a hunch the Sabres will make Buffalo forget the Bills problems pretty quickly.

PTR

808544[/snapback]

Isn't that the story year after year these past few years?

As bad as the Bills are, the Buffalo Sabres are un-freakin-believable good!  They kicked the snot out Philly tonight. (Don't they always?)  I have a hunch the Sabres will make Buffalo forget the Bills problems pretty quickly.

PTR

808544[/snapback]

We're only six games into the season (both hockey and football) and it's already happened. :P

Isn't that the story year after year these past few years?

808545[/snapback]

I think that whats been happening lately. I think there was a thread about this last week about the city of Buffalo becoming more of a hockey city than a football one. People, I think are getting frustrated with this team every year and the Bills are losing fan support. Right now I'm starting to make the transition from football to hockey. This happens every year about this time when we know (once again) that the team is not what they seemed to be.

I think that whats been happening lately.  I think there was a thread about this last week about the city of Buffalo becoming more of a hockey city than a football one.  People, I think are getting frustrated with this team every year and the Bills are losing fan support.  Right now I'm starting to make the transition from football to hockey.  This happens every year about this time when we know (once again) that the team is not what they seemed to be.

808560[/snapback]

Great minds think alike i guess.

The fact of the matter is that a Lombardi Trophy will always mean more to the city of Buffalo than a Stanley Cup ever will.

Team Rankings In Buffalo...

1.Bills

2.Bills

3.Bills

4.Sabres

PTR

808544[/snapback]

And the Sabres win is even more satisfying seeing them in those blue and gold uniforms.

The fact of the matter is that a Lombardi Trophy will always mean more to the city of Buffalo than a Stanley Cup ever will.

1.Bills

2.Bills

3.Bills

4.Sabres

808581[/snapback]

Horse sh--. When the Bills have out and out SUCKED for 10 years, and you know that the Sabres are far more likely to win a title than those losers, you are going to see a huge shift.

1.Bills

2.Bills

3.Bills

4.Sabres

808581[/snapback]

100% wrong. Either you're currently not living in the WNY area or you haven't turned on a TV or radio/stepped outside lately.

100% wrong.  Either you're currently not living in the WNY area or you haven't turned on a TV or radio/stepped outside lately.

808682[/snapback]

I think he was speaking more relatively... as in:

If the Bills were an 11-5 / 12-4 contender, there would be WAY more interest in them than in the Sabres, even considering the absolute brilliance the Sabres have displayed of late.

For every Hockey fan around here, there are 4 football fans.

This, again, is not to take away from what the Sabres have accomplished...

All of WNY has fallen in love with the Sabres, and their style of hockey and blue collar attitude represent everything that is great about living here. If the Sabres win the cup this year, there will be one heck of a party on Chip.

But if the Bills ever win a Super Bowl, the whole city will shut down for an entire freaking week. It would be the biggest thing to happen to WNY, probably ever.

This happens every year about this time when we know (once again) that the team is not what they seemed to be.

808560[/snapback]

I don't disagree with your overall statement. The Sabres help greatly and the city will rally behind them.

But...the Bills are exactly what they seemed to be. They are an inexperienced team devoid of major talent on either line. I thought they would win 6 games, you were probably not far from that. They is what they is.

I am living in Toronto, and will admit my first loyalty is to my home town team the Leafs.

That said the Sabres have now become my second favourite team in the league. They play entertaining and fast skating hockey and are a joy to watch. They outwork the oher team almost every night and they seem to never give up.

I am happy to see the Leafs beginning to adopt this style of play also

I have only one request, ditch the new uniforms. The throwbacks they wore against Philly looked great, should eb their regular 'full-time' jerseys (white for away games)

All of WNY has fallen in love with the Sabres, and their style of hockey and blue collar attitude represent everything that is great about living here. If the Sabres win the cup this year, there will be one heck of a party on Chip.

But if the Bills ever win a Super Bowl, the whole city will shut down for an entire freaking week. It would be the biggest thing to happen to WNY, probably ever.

808717[/snapback]

That's definitely true, partly because the NFL is the NFL and party because there are plenty of people who still put the Bills first no questions asked. But you can feel a definite shift happening amongst the sports fans in WNY, for sure.

Don't forget there is a whole new generation of sports fans in Buffalo aged anywhere from 9-16 that have never known the Bills to be a marginally competitive team. The Sabres are incredibly popular with the kids around here (which probably helps explain a big part of why the slug jersey is #1 in the NHL in sales, as per Mike Emrick) and the Bills...well, the Bills suck. They're the opposite of the Sabres. These kids weren't around for Kelly, Thurman and the rest...they have no idea how much fun Sundays could be.

So until Sundays become fun again, the Sabres are #1 ticket in town and a Stanley Cup would set off a party like this city has never seen. I can't wait.

I think whoever is winning will captivate the city at the time. I'm not implying at all that it's a fair-weather-fan city (every Bills/Sabres fan I know sticks by their team when the chips are down)....just that nobody ever expects the Buffalo teams to contend and we all make sure everyone knows about that chip on our shoulder when our teams start winning. This city is justifiably hungry for a winner and/or a championship.

We were teased during the Superbowl years and last year with the Sabres run, which makes you want it more every year.

Don't forget there is a whole new generation of sports fans in Buffalo aged anywhere from 9-16 that have never known the Bills to be a marginally competitive team. 

808760[/snapback]

To them the Bills are just like the Texans with uglier uniforms :doh: