Will the bills ever incorporate the Tight End into

It seems like all the successfull teams hae a TE that catches balls every week......

Why cant this be the check down option of Losman....Why WHY

808278[/snapback]

That's a good point and we haven't seen an effective tight end here since the metzelars/ somewhat reimersma days. Is it the quarterback, the offensive scheme, or the lack of quality te's??

That's a good point and we haven't seen an effective tight end here since the metzelars/ somewhat reimersma days. Is it the quarterback, the offensive scheme, or the lack of quality te's??

808283[/snapback]

I think everyone is asking these questions...With Metz and Reim's catching 50+ balls at least once in their careers and consistently getting around 30 catches, even Campbell did that his first season 2003 (from memory). From thereon, the Bills TE's have fallen off the radar. Why? We'd all like to know. :P

It seems like all the successfull teams hae a TE that catches balls every week......

808278[/snapback]

I think the saying goes something like, " The TE can be a Qb's best friend." Jp needs to look to Royal more if there's nothing open downfield.

I think our answer is Eric Johnson.

He's an unrestricted free agent next year, and San Fransisco has no need for him with Vernon Davis now.

He had a high of 82 catches (45 for 1st downs!) in 2004, but got injured in 2005.

808609[/snapback]

Must i remind you of the stone hands that once accompanied a tight end named Johnson in Buffalo?

808278[/snapback]

Until they replace Gandy, it is not going to happen....Gandy needs the TE to help him protect the blind side....If they put the TE in motion or running in the middle, the QB will get exactly 1.5 seconds to throw the ball.

1.) O-Lineman need to block better so TE's don't have to pick up the slack.

2.) Robert Royal needs to prove he can catch the ball.

808500[/snapback]

How many drops does Royal have.....

Also, Fairchild came from an offense where the TE was never used as pass catching tight end, even though they had Wiggins who was a good catcher.

However until the LT mess is fixed the TE will not be part of the passing game.