Bills trade for DE Anthony Hargrove

PIZ

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to rotoworld.com (a fantasy site, I realize, but still some helpful info):

10/16 13:14 Bills: Hargrove acquired

The Bills made a move to shore up their leaky defense by trading for former Rams defensive end Anthony Hargrove. According to the Associated Press, the Bills sent a fifth round pick to St. Louis in exchange for Hargrove, who fell out of favor with the Rams after skipping two practices earlier this season.

Our View

Hargrove is a promising young player who amassed 51 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his second NFL season last year. He was a healthy scratch for three of the Rams six games, however, and clearly was no longer in their plans. His addition will be much welcomed on a Bills defensive line that just lost promising rookie John McCargo for the season and has been gouged for nearly 300 rushing yards in the last two games.

But since most of you are convinced he sucks, then he must.

according to rotoworld.com (a fantasy site, I realize, but still some helpful info):

10/16 13:14  Bills: Hargrove acquired

The Bills made a move to shore up their leaky defense by trading for former Rams defensive end Anthony Hargrove. According to the Associated Press, the Bills sent a fifth round pick to St. Louis in exchange for Hargrove, who fell out of favor with the Rams after skipping two practices earlier this season.

Our View

Hargrove is a promising young player who amassed 51 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his second NFL season last year. He was a healthy scratch for three of the Rams six games, however, and clearly was no longer in their plans. His addition will be much welcomed on a Bills defensive line that just lost promising rookie John McCargo for the season and has been gouged for nearly 300 rushing yards in the last two games.

But since most of you are convinced he sucks, then he must.

806418[/snapback]

Darn, the guy sounds like he's got some real potential. With the help of Bill Kollar (who was his D-line coach in STL :lol: ), we could have a real stud on our hands.. Good trade Marv!!

I'm not a doctor, but doesn't a sprained knee seem like a bad reason to put someone on IR? Maybe with Spikes back they thought he was expendable?

Kelsay is leading our team with sacks....actually 4 sacks in 6 weeks, means he's on rate for 10 1/2 sacks.

I hope this guy is awesome and also this way we keep Clements. Something WE'RE ALL happy about. :lol:

kelsay has been playing decent all year if you ask me.

806439[/snapback]

I agree, if you have a problem with Kelsay or Denney, take up that same issue with Schobel, who might get his 1 sack a game but other than that he usually does nothing. This Hargrove guy sounds like hes got some upside and maybe pairing him with Kollar can get the best out of him

I'm not a doctor, but doesn't a sprained knee seem like a bad reason to put someone on IR?  Maybe with Spikes back they thought he was expendable?

Kelsay is leading our team with sacks....actually 4 sacks in 6 weeks, means he's on rate for 10 1/2 sacks.

I hope this guy is awesome and also this way we keep Clements.  Something WE'RE ALL happy about.  :lol:

806438[/snapback]

Still doesn't mean they aren't working on making the Clements move. Complete D-line overhaul before mid season?

I believe Stamer has a worse knee injury then just a sprain. He might be on 103.3 later today as he usually comes on during Shredd and Reagan on Mondays but with the injury they weren't sure