What a Dem takeover of Congress would mean...

jimshiz

Do you realize that a Dem controlled Congress means impeachment hearings for George W. Bush and Nancy Pelosi will be 3rd in line for the Presidency?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you realize that a Dem controlled Congress means impeachment hearings for George W. Bush and Nancy Pelosi will be 3rd in line for the Presidency?

• Yes - that would be horrible
    • Yes - that would be great
    • No - but that would be horrible
    • No - but that would be great

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It likely means the market will take off. Not because the Dems will actually doing anything, but a split of the legislative and the executive generally means the government won't be able to do anything TO us. Wall Street loves that.

The funny part will be when the Dummies try and take credit for it and their retarded followers will actually regurgitate it.

No impeachment hearing will be held on GWB until Cheney is booted a la Spiro Agnew.  Therefore the premise of this poll is retarded.

803196[/snapback]

I think that's true. It's an age old tactic, and a good one. Go after the king's ministers, not the king. I will welcome the Congressional investigations though. This admistration lied us into a war, that needs to be made more clear to the public.

For the Fox news idiots: Yes lied. Feel free to call me on that. I'm leaving now, but will back up the cahrge in depth

It likely means the market will take off.  Not because the Dems will actually doing anything, but a split of the legislative and the executive generally means the government won't be able to do anything TO us.  Wall Street loves that.

The funny part will be when the Dummies try and take credit for it and their retarded followers will actually regurgitate it.

802372[/snapback]

See that is the thing Darin... Don't worry what is being "done" to you...

Think glass half full, not empty... BE blessed and thankful for all we have... No matter who is in power.

Then again... We often don't take stock of what we actually get... It is usually what we don't get that annoys us. Tis, the many ways of the American...

:P:doh:

I think that's true. It's an age old tactic, and a good one. Go after the king's ministers, not the king. I will welcome the Congressional investigations though. This admistration lied us into a war, that needs to be made more clear to the public.

For the Fox news idiots: Yes lied. Feel free to call me on that. I'm leaving now, but will back up the cahrge in depth

803201[/snapback]

I'll be waiting, with bells on. This should be good for a laugh.

It likely means the market will take off.  Not because the Dems will actually doing anything, but a split of the legislative and the executive generally means the government won't be able to do anything TO us.  Wall Street loves that.

802372[/snapback]

LikeGWB's retarded followers regurgitate his tripe. (not to point ay fingers at certain PPP posters, you NOT included, AD)

I'll be waiting, with bells on. This should be good for a laugh.

803341[/snapback]

You are right, it will be a good hoot... Everybody, even the hoodwinked will look like fools.

Now... Too bad we can't bring up this board from '02-'03 when the drums of war were beating... People would be astounded at what they would find!

:doh::P

While I'm cautiously optimistic wrt the Dems gaining control of the House, Senate or both, I will believe it when I see it. There is a lot of time between now and election day.

That being said, if they do gain control of one or both, I do not think impeachment hearings will ever see the light of day. The fact that the GOP would even use the idea that horror of horrors "the Dems are gonna impeach our CIC" as a reason to vote against them shows how little the GOP has to run on.

That being said, if they do gain control of one or both, I do not think impeachment hearings will ever see the light of day.

803354[/snapback]

Why the hell not? The Repulicans perpetrated that farce of an impeachment against Clinton? You really think the Democrats are above wanting payback?

Why the hell not?  The Repulicans perpetrated that farce of an impeachment against Clinton?  You really think the Democrats are above wanting payback?

803424[/snapback]

I wonder if we'll get to the point where the hallmark of a "good" president is that he was impeached late in his tenure rather than during his first couple of years.

If the Dems take over Congress, it is the Bush administration's own fault.

As a paleo conservative, I believe in low taxes, the right to be left alone, and small government, and always thought that the war in Iraq was a foolish distraction from the real war on terror and that the neocons used 9/11 as a pretext to accomplish pre-9/11 neocon goals.

My fellow Republicans have had control of the three branches of government and have squandered the opportunity to achieve the traditional conservative agenda. The administration also squandered the goodwill that we had around the world after 9/11 and the opportunity to build real coalitions to accomplish U.S. foreign policy. Our standing in the world has never been lower.

As result, I have mixed emotions about the upcoming election. It is a shame that the Bush administration sqaundered the opportunities that it had.