What a Dem takeover of Congress would mean...

jimshiz

Do you realize that a Dem controlled Congress means impeachment hearings for George W. Bush and Nancy Pelosi will be 3rd in line for the Presidency?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you realize that a Dem controlled Congress means impeachment hearings for George W. Bush and Nancy Pelosi will be 3rd in line for the Presidency?

• Yes - that would be horrible
    • Yes - that would be great
    • No - but that would be horrible
    • No - but that would be great

See that is the thing Darin... Don't worry what is being "done" to you...

Think glass half full, not empty...  BE blessed and thankful for all we have... No matter who is in power.

Then again... We often don't take stock of what we actually get... It is usually what we don't get that annoys us.  Tis, the many ways of the American...

:P  :doh:

803334[/snapback]

Is this some kind of code? Do I need to start a quest for Middle Earth?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It likely means the market will take off.  Not because the Dems will actually doing anything, but a split of the legislative and the executive generally means the government won't be able to do anything TO us. Wall Street loves that.

The funny part will be when the Dummies try and take credit for it and their retarded followers will actually regurgitate it.

802372[/snapback]

Maybe... In my previous reply I should have highlighted it in blue. I highlighted in blue above...

Again, sorry... I shouldn't assume people's reading comprehension skills...

Again the blue part is where I was focusing on... Don't be so worried about what people or the government is doing to you or others...

Ah... Forget about it... Seek the Middle Earth thingy what ever that is...

Back to your regulary scheduled program.

:huh:

Maybe I should ask the same... What in the heck is Middle Earth...

??

803917[/snapback]

:huh::huh::D

:huh::doh::huh:

:lol::huh::lol:

ever heard of Lord of The Rings?

There were a couple of movies recently, maybe you've heard of them?

Also related to the 2nd best selling English language book of the 20th century (1st being the Christian Bible)

:lol:

:huh:  :huh:  :D

:huh:  :doh:  :huh:

:lol:  :huh:  :lol:

ever heard of Lord of The Rings?

There were a couple of movies recently, maybe you've heard of them?

Also related to the 2nd best selling English language book of the 20th century (1st being the Christian Bible)

:lol:

803928[/snapback]

Sadly, sales of that Zoroastrian Bible just never did take off.

Yeh the Poll is somewhat slanted, I agree Pelosi is an idiot, but I think the GOP has stepped on the Member one two many times and denied doing it or knowing about. Jeez Hastert does remind me of Schultz from Hogan's Heros.

Additionally, it will be interesting to see Admin officials squirm under hearings called by Dems.

As a pay as you go Dem. I believe in reasonable taxes, cummulative not about 35% and everyone and every entity should pay its fair share including corporations.

Additionally, corrupt boondoggles funded by Feds should have their funding immediately cut, whether military or domestic projects and those companies involved should no longer be able to participate in those contracts and have a moratorium placed on all other Fed or State contracts. Thinking about the Big Dig and Halliburton.

Finally, teachers especially K-12 should be paid more in order to better attract talented folks to teach our kids, however they should all be required to have a Bachelors degree, some life experience and be working towards a Masters Degree. Then some actual learning would get done.

Don't cry about the teachers unions, not sure what to do about that situation except until top heavy over administrated schools get rid of them and and start putting education as their first priority.

Maybe I should ask the same... What in the heck is Middle Earth...

??

I may as well throw this in here: Middle Earth was once how people described the Earth. You had Heaven, which would be upper Earth, then Middle Earth (here), then you had, um, worse places. Tolkien learned about this, and decided to call the world he imagined Middle Earth.

Finally, teachers especially K-12 should be paid more in order to better attract talented folks to teach our kids,  however they should all be required to have a Bachelors degree, some life experience and be working towards a Masters Degree.  Then some actual learning would get done.

804009[/snapback]

What would any of that change?

I think that's true. It's an age old tactic, and a good one. Go after the king's ministers, not the king. I will welcome the Congressional investigations though. This admistration lied us into a war, that needs to be made more clear to the public.

For the Fox news idiots: Yes lied. Feel free to call me on that. I'm leaving now, but will back up the cahrge in depth

803201[/snapback]

Simple. It's worse to lie about a blowjob than it is to lie about a war.

Finally, teachers especially K-12 should be paid more in order to better attract talented folks to teach our kids,  however they should all be required to have a Bachelors degree, some life experience and be working towards a Masters Degree.  Then some actual learning would get done.

Don't cry about the teachers unions, not sure what to do about that situation except until top heavy over administrated schools get rid of them and and start putting education as their first priority.

804009[/snapback]

I agree, on the condition that teachers are actually able to (gasp) make children accountable, and are able to disipline children who overstep the boundries. I know it will never happen, so you will never get teachers who want to teach. Would you want to try and teach some kid something, when their answer consists of, "f-you, f-off you can't do S%$^ to me"?

It would mean an end to absolute control of government by a party that doesn''t even believe in government. Cool! :lol:

806023[/snapback]

Amusing.

Your statement should read:

"It would mean nothing, as both parties in absolute control of our government, don't care about governing for the people that elected them"

Calling.

I expect any suitable response to include:

1) Polygraph test data from those in the administration who made pre-war assertions.

2) Detailed accounts of Iraq's WMD-based activities from 1991-2003.

806022[/snapback]

Aw heck I'll do it for him; ever hear about "The Downing Street Memo"?

Aw heck I'll do it for him; ever hear about "The Downing Street Memo"?

806693[/snapback]

My husband has a t-shirt that says "Ask me about the Downing Street Memo". When people do, and he tells them, their eyes pop. Worth the price of admission.

My husband has a t-shirt that says "Ask me about the Downing Street Memo".  When people do, and he tells them, their eyes pop.  Worth the price of admission.

806750[/snapback]

Yeah, another great job by the mainstream media covering that baby.

And I still shake my head in bemusement that over half the American populace thinks Saddam had something to do with 911.

Idiots, on both counts.

804009[/snapback]

The whining about teacher's pay is mostly an urban legend at this point. the average teacher salary is about 47,000/year (source) with full benefits, pension, and of course the unreal hours. That's pretty good--it certainly doesn't suck.

If a good teacher shops around, they can find a job in my school district (not a stellar one by any measure) where the average salary is over 70K/year.

The problem with schools is not underpaid teachers. If underpaid teachers were the problem, private schools would be out of business. But in fact, private school teachers make much less than their public cohorts to produce on average better students with fewer discipline problems. So again, it ain't about salaries.