How about Roethlisberger?

Little stated on this board is the fact that Ben Roethlisberger, supposedly the BEST QB in the draft when JP was taken has now thrown for ZERO TDs and 7 INTs on the year, while having better talent around him than JP. I TOLD YOU the kid wouldn't be worth a damn without that running game and defense.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little stated on this board is the fact that Ben Roethlisberger, supposedly the BEST QB in the draft when JP was taken has now thrown for ZERO TDs and 7 INTs on the year, while having better talent around him than JP. I TOLD YOU the kid wouldn't be worth a damn without that running game and defense.

799630[/snapback]

If JP Losman had thrown that last interception against San Diego, I would almost certainly have been all over him. I don't see how you can win a Super Bowl with a guy who throws a pass like that. ;-)

JDG

799630[/snapback]

He didn't win any games by himself last year. He played better than this year obviously, but he had a great team around him and they won. Look at his SB stats, he's not an elite QB.

If JP Losman had thrown that last interception against San Diego, I would almost certainly have been all over him.    I don't see how you can win a Super Bowl with a guy who throws a pass like that.  ;-)

JDG

799632[/snapback]

As usual, you missed the point. The point is that young QBs, even ones that are prematurely elevated to godhood, MAKE MISTAKES and sometimes look dreadful for stretches...Especially when faced with an aggressive defense.

Hell, even VETERAN QBs look like that on the road against aggressive defenses. See: Chad Pennington.

He keeps seeing that buick coming from his blindside

799662[/snapback]

Ouch !!! You may have a point there.

The elevation to God-like status is as much as product of the media as that of the fans themselves. How many times have posters, on this board, wished we had drafted Lienart, Cutler, V Young etc. Isn't that pre-supposing their succcess and making a star of a totally unproven commodity ? Ben R was no different. He was asked to do very little in his rookie year and he did that very well. I must say, however, that I liked Philip Rivers' poise and accuracy in yesterday's game.

see pennington yesterday vs JAGS he was nothing at all and also had a 100 yd rusher to help and see hasselbeck last week vs the beas i think alot of qbs this year are gonna be hung out to dry against good D's when the surronding cast is helping out

c'mon get real. Ben was in the hospital all preseason and then had surgery the week before his first game. He's just getting healthy. I hope you're not trying to compare the two on any level besides them being drafted the same year.

You guys just look for excuses for Lossman. If his play / numbers can't stand up for themselves, he shouldn't be in there!

Freaks - i am not calling for Nall. I just think its retarded to make excuses for a bad performance.

799630[/snapback]

Who cares though, really??!? Ben won the SB. The damage is done. If he is mediocre the rest of his career, the Steelers, Cowher, Bettis and the city of Pittsburgh will forever have that SB victory under their belts.

I won't even get into "who is better" because I think all Bills fans would take a SB victory and then years of mediocrity. We would still die happy.

c'mon get real.  Ben was in the hospital all preseason and then had surgery the week before his first game.  He's just getting healthy.  I hope you're not trying to compare the two on any level besides them being drafted the same year.

You guys just look for excuses for Lossman.  If his play / numbers can't stand up for themselves, he shouldn't be in there!

Freaks - i am not calling for Nall.  I just think its retarded to make excuses for a bad performance.

799711[/snapback]

Not to mention the other QB from that draft class in that game played lights out in his 4th career start against a good defense with no running game. Good idea for a thread though <_<

Not to mention the other QB from that draft class in that game played lights out in his 4th career start against a good defense with no running game.  Good idea for a thread though   :lol:

799730[/snapback]

Yes, Losman should play well every single week. Otherwise there are other QBs who will have a good week which people can compare him to and say, "see, so-and-so had a good week so Losman should too! After all, each situation is entirely the same and anybody who says otherwise is just making excuses!"

<_<

Yes, Losman should play well every single week.  Otherwise there are other QBs who will have a good week which people can compare him to and say, "see, so-and-so had a good week so Losman should too!  After all, each situation is entirely the same and anybody who says otherwise is just making excuses!"

<_<

799740[/snapback]

Oh how clever, JP apologist straw-man argument #576,842 on the season. I'm not the one starting threads comparing other QB's, but whatever.

As usual, you missed the point. The point is that young QBs, even ones that are prematurely elevated to godhood, MAKE MISTAKES and sometimes look dreadful for stretches...Especially when faced with an aggressive defense.

Hell, even VETERAN QBs look like that on the road against aggressive defenses. See: Chad Pennington.

799636[/snapback]

Peyton Manning played like royal crap yesterday at home against the woeful Flaming Thumbtacks. There isn't a QB in the NFL who can be hit on a regular basis and still play well.

Not to mention the other QB from that draft class in that game played lights out in his 4th career start against a good defense with no running game.  Good idea for a thread though   <_<

799730[/snapback]

That'd be a valid comparison if you could swap the situations for each QB. Put Losman in San Diego for the same period, allowing him to sit behind Brees and play for the same veteran coaching staff, while putting Rivers in Buffalo, thrusting him into the starting lineup before he's ready, in an offense with no semblence of order, and then a coaching change.

And the Steelers defense hasn't been very good this season. I'm not sure where you get that from.

That'd be a valid comparison if you could swap the situations for each QB.  Put Losman in San Diego for the same period, allowing him to sit behind Brees and play for the same veteran coaching staff, while putting Rivers in Buffalo, thrusting him into the starting lineup before he's ready, in an offense with no semblence of order, and then a coaching change.

Advantage Rivers no doubt. I don't think that discrepancy is 100% responsible for the discrepancy in performance though. JP has also played quite a few more games, which as I understand ought to count for something. I don't understand why everything has to be so either/or.

And the Steelers defense hasn't been very good this season.  I'm not sure where you get that from.

799758[/snapback]

They lost 9-0 in Jacksonville - the last FG was off an int deep in their end.

They were leading 17-14 vs. Cincy in the 4th Qtr until 2 fumbles deep in their end set up scores.

Their defense is pretty good.

JP has also played quite a few more games, which as I understand ought to count for something.  I don't understand why everything has to be so either/or.

799765[/snapback]

I think you guys who use "the number of games player xx has under their belt" as a yardstick are either too lazy to think harder or too serious about being right all the time. If you're going to use # of games played as a yardstick, you absolutely MUST also consider the system the player was/is in, and who was/is managing them.

It's easy to say "JP played in more games than so-so," but he was horribly mismanaged the past two years. But I guess that doesn't matter to anyone who simply wants to count games as a yardstick for performance.

Oh how clever, JP apologist straw-man argument #576,842 on the season.  I'm not the one starting threads comparing other QB's, but whatever.

799748[/snapback]

No, but you're freely participating. <_<

Last I checked, the Bears made Brett Favre, Matt Hasselback and Brad Johnson look like Moe, Larry and Curly too...