90 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most sought after trophy

• Lombardi Trophy
    • Stanley Cup
    • World Series Trophy
    • NBA Championship Trophy
    • Olympic Gold Medal
    • Kentucky Derby Horse Shoe

This was a question that i thought of when some guy in the paper today called the Stanley Cup sports most sought after prize.

Which one is the most covitted in sports? If there is another, which do you think it is?

Post comments below.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a question that i thought of when some guy in the paper today called the Stanley Cup sports most sought after prize.

Which one is the most covitted in sports? If there is another, which do you think it is?

Post comments below.

797505[/snapback]

Not to say it's the most coveted, but I think the Triple Crown should replace the Kentucky Derby.

Really I don't think it's logical t pick one. It obviously depends on what sport you play or follow.

Not to say it's the most coveted, but I think the Triple Crown should replace the Kentucky Derby.

Really I don't think it's logical t pick one.  It obviously depends on what sport you play or follow.

797506[/snapback]

This is true, but there is no trophy for the triple crown winner, only three for the individual races. I had already thought about it and i thought that i would limit it to the single race that i best known in America.

Post comments below.

797505[/snapback]

I'm not a big soccer fan but surely this is easily the most coveted trophy in sports.

World Cup Trophy

How could everyone not vote for Lombardi trophy .... no way the Stanely Cup is more covited ... I dont think the total audience for a 7 game series in NHL is the ammount of 1 playoff game in the NFL.

797539[/snapback]

You're right. Every kid who ever picks up a football dreams of one day running around the field with the Lombardi Trophy. In fact, I remember when my mom would call us in for dinner we'd always say "this play decides the Lombardi Trophy."

Shoot, kids in the Soviet Union, Czech Republic, Germany, etc will wait hours in the rain for a chance to have their picture taken with the Lombardi Trophy.

You're right.  Every kid who ever picks up a football dreams of one day running around the field with the Lombardi Trophy.  In fact, I remember when my mom would call us in for dinner we'd always say "this play decides the Lombardi Trophy."

Shoot, kids in the Soviet Union, Czech Republic, Germany, etc will wait hours in the rain for a chance to have their picture taken with the Lombardi Trophy.

797552[/snapback]

Sorry. I didnt realize we were taking a world vote ... my bad

but still ... every kid dreams of skating up and down the ice with the Stanley Cup? I didnt even dream of playing hockey period, even though I loved the sport.

797583[/snapback]

That really doesn't matter. No one in football really talks about the Lombardi Trophy. They talk about winning the Super Bowl. Big difference.

Hey Tom Brady, how many Lombardi Trophies have you won?

"I don't know, but I've got three bitchen Super Bowl Rings."

Ya know?

I think the Stanley Cup is more coveted for one simple reason: when you win it, it's personal.  They engrave your name on it.

797558[/snapback]

True, so true.

Maybe the original cup... In the Hall... After years the rings are replaced to make room for new ones... And even then, I don't know what they do with the excess rings...??

So technically, the player skating around the rink this year is really only toting around the names of the last 2-3 decades...

:lol::D

but still ... every kid dreams of skating up and down the ice with the Stanley Cup? I didnt even dream of playing hockey period, even though I loved the sport.

797583[/snapback]

Ummm...isn't hockey marginalized to the cold weather areas of the US? I know it's pretty big up north but isn't is virtually ignored by half the country(south)?

I know that it's the little brother to the other three biggies...Football, Baseball, Basketball.

I would think that 'every kid' is a humongous exaggeration....or at least a lot of wishful thinking on your part. :lol:

I think the Stanley Cup is more coveted for one simple reason: when you win it, it's personal.  They engrave your name on it.

797558[/snapback]

That is part of my reason for voting for it. The other is that you can have it for one day to do whatever you want. I've never heard of teams letting their players take the Lombardi home.