90 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most sought after trophy

• Lombardi Trophy
    • Stanley Cup
    • World Series Trophy
    • NBA Championship Trophy
    • Olympic Gold Medal
    • Kentucky Derby Horse Shoe

That really doesn't matter.  No one in football really talks about the Lombardi Trophy.  They talk about winning the Super Bowl.  Big difference.

Hey Tom Brady, how many Lombardi Trophies have you won? 

"I don't know, but I've got three bitchen Super Bowl Rings."

Ya know?

797584[/snapback]

Ok ... our minds work differently. When I think SB win, I think Lombardi trophy and vice versa. Its all inter-connected. But way to be obstinate.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ... our minds work differently. When I think SB win, I think Lombardi trophy and vice versa. Its all inter-connected. But way to be obstinate.

797596[/snapback]

You typed "trophy" in your title.

It's hard not to take that literally, particularly when you spell it right.

Ummm...isn't hockey marginalized to the cold weather areas of the US?  I know it's pretty big up north but isn't is virtually ignored by half the country(south)?

I know that it's the little brother to the other three biggies...Football, Baseball, Basketball.

I would think that 'every kid' is a humongous exaggeration....or at least a lot of wishful thinking on your part. :lol:

797592[/snapback]

Read the post carefully along with the attached quote ... i was being sarcastic

You typed "trophy" in your title.

It's hard not to take that literally, particularly when you spell it right.

797597[/snapback]

I was following the them of the thread ... thats all. But I personally dont know many people who would think of winning a SB and not the trophy ... it goes together. Period. Do the players win the SB and then walk to the locker room? No. They hoist the trophy. For goodness sakes. Simon and Darin have had some sticks up their butts lately. Im done with this thread.

I was following the them of the thread ... thats all. But I personally dont know many people who would think of winning a SB and not the trophy ... it goes together. Period. Do the players win the SB and then walk to the locker room? No. They hoist the trophy. For goodness sakes. Simon and Darin have had some sticks up their butts lately.  Im done with this thread.

797600[/snapback]

Yeah, because we don't agree with you we have sticks up our asses. How many Lombardi Trophies are there now anyway? Forty? :lol:

That is part of my reason for voting for it. The other is that you can have it for one day to do whatever you want. I've never heard of teams letting their players take the Lombardi home.

797593[/snapback]

Let alone throw it off a second story balcony into a pool during a wild shindig!

:lol::D

Yet, it is still not the "real" cup (top part or "peanut bowl")... The real one is locked away in the Hall forever, being much too fragile to even touch...

Then there is the ring issue... Like I mentioned.

So the SC appears to be a very modular device that isn't that static... An ever changing trophy that is mostly a replica (cup itself) of the original.

Funny how they marketed it though... I wonder what most people actually think it is?

It really is a symbol...

I still voted for it anyway.

:D

I was following the them of the thread ... thats all. But I personally dont know many people who would think of winning a SB and not the trophy ... it goes together. Period. Do the players win the SB and then walk to the locker room? No. They hoist the trophy. For goodness sakes. Simon and Darin have had some sticks up their butts lately. Im done with this thread.

797600[/snapback]

Maybe because the boys in pinstripes are getting poked by the Tigers... Okay, not sure if Simon is a fan but, AD is... And I would think he isn't too happy!

:lol::D

Maybe because the boys in pinstripes are getting poked by the Tigers... Okay, not sure if Simon is a fan but, AD is... And I would think he isn't too happy!

:lol:  :D

797612[/snapback]

Uh, I watched the Sabres' game. Hockey is far more important to me than baseball, and right there with the BILLS. Baseball fell hard when the strike cost Mattingly his best chance to win a Championship. It's never been the same since.

I certainly wasn't disappointed with my choice, nor could I be in a much better mood after we stuck it to those horrific officials and the friggin' Habs.

:lol:  :D

797612[/snapback]

Simon is a fan but the kind of detached one who doesn't start following until the ALCS and only then because that Yankee thang is ingrained from childhood.

The only thing I saw tonight was the last half of the Sabres game.

They're absolutely mesmerizing.

Simon is a fan but the kind of detached one who doesn't start following until the ALCS and only then because that Yankee thang is ingrained from childhood.

The only thing I saw tonight was the last half of the Sabres game.

They're absolutely mesmerizing.

797618[/snapback]

:lol:

Same here... I do sneak a peak... TV doesn't come on till the LCS though...! :D

Wild card is a, IMO, a bastardization of the game.

And... Wow, Max with 15 seconds left!

Not that I would have voted for it, but with the immense poularity of NASCAR, the Nextel Cup should probably have been in the poll.

Let the is racing a sport or not debate begin.

I say the Lombardi

797632[/snapback]

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

~Ernest Hemingway

:lol:

I picked the NBA championship trophy because it probably looks good filled with malt liquor and newport cigarettes.

797640[/snapback]

Hmm. Good visual.

Just imagine that and Flava Flav hoisting it up over his head, pearly golds showing and all.

There's absolutely no question what the most coveted trophy in all of sports is - it's the World Cup. If you're limiting the poll to America, it's not a cut and dried, but I'd have to go with the Lombardi.

Futbal is the beautiful game!!!!!! :lol:

well, obviously if you're asking a city with a pro football team and pro hockey team you'll get biased answers. Results would vary if you polled people in Florida or Georgia, for example.

797800[/snapback]

You're right, because they'd say the Winston/Nextel/Whatever the hell it is Cup.