JP IS cocky

From Chris Brown's blog today:

J.P. Losman took a page out of his coach's book with a quick response to a question as well. A reporter asked Losman, 'Do you know how many touchdowns the Bears have allowed to opposing offenses in the last 32 quarters at home?'

J.P. looked at him incredulously and said, "No."

The reporter then said that the Bears have allowed only 2 touchdowns at home in that span.

J.P. then smiled and said, "You felt like I needed to know that?"

The rest of the gathered media began laughing.

J.P. then followed up, "What was the point of that one?"

More laughter.

J.P. concluded, "I think I know."

Way to go, JP.

good....i want a cocky swaggering gunslinger for my qb like back in the jim kelly days!...so if we beat the mighty bears this week...do we get some good press?...or is it about what the bears failed to accomplish? iam sure afterwards when the bills have intercepted rex groosssssssssman a few times it will be about the bears mistakes and not about the bills very each week getting more talented secondary lol lol lol...go bills and DEFENSE!

JP goes into Soldier Field and plays a great game, win or lose he has earned some swagger. He really should wait and complete a season and if we aren't hollering for a new QB, he has EARNED a swagger. If the Bills go in to Chi town and stink up the joint, then well, maybe the cockiness should be dialed down.

"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob." Crash Davis in Bull Durham

JP goes into Soldier Field and plays a great game, win or lose he has earned some swagger.  He really should wait and complete a season and if we aren't hollering for a new QB, he has EARNED a swagger.  If the Bills go in to Chi town and stink up the joint, then well, maybe the cockiness should be dialed down.

"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob." Crash Davis in Bull Durham

795771[/snapback]

the thing about attitude is for a guy on this level, he learned it long before he was drafted by an nfl team. he learned/earned it in pop warner, in high school, in college and ultimately in the nfl. that's not to say it can't be knocked out of him, but i'd bet you true swagger comes from the heart, and doesn't have to be earned at soldier field. or, so i'm told by guys who have that swagger.

play hard, be competitive, don't quit.

Jim Kelly was a cocky SOB at QB for the Bills. I like when the "leader" of our offense has a bit of a swagger and a chip on his shoulder. Next time though JP, just let your middle fingers fly and be like, "@*$# the Bears!!!" LOL!!!

Way to go, JP.

795678[/snapback]

have you guys watched the interview on bbills.com? if you had you would see how jp wasn't acting cocky at all. his attitude was more "what was the point of telling me this?" and that the reporter made a stupid comment. what does the jackass expect jp to say?

reporter: you know JP, the bears have only allowed 2 TD's in their last 8 games at home.

JP: really? well then what is even the point of going to play, since obvoiusly the most we could hope to score according to those stats is .25 touchdowns.

JP was simply calling the reporter out for being an idiot.

have you guys watched the interview on bbills.com? if you had you would see how jp wasn't acting cocky at all. his attitude was more "what was the point of telling me this?" and that the reporter made a stupid comment. what does the jackass expect jp to say?

reporter: you know JP, the bears have only allowed 2 TD's in their last 8 games at home.

JP: really? well then what is even the point of going to play, since obvoiusly the most we could hope to score according to those stats is .25 touchdowns.

JP was simply calling the reporter out for being an idiot.

796315[/snapback]

I did watch it, and god help me, the entire time he was answering that question he was doing Adam Sandler spot on.

Way to go, JP.

795678[/snapback]

As said above, in an earlier reply, the questions were irrelevant to JP's task at hand. His responses were to that end. That's not quite cocky in my book.

Yet, cocky, if you can back it up, quickly becomes self confident anyway.

I meant it in a good way.  I want my QB to have a swagger and I also want him to basically tell a reporter that he's an idiot without actually coming OUT and saying it.

796507[/snapback]

i absolutely agree and that's exactly what JP did. except i suppose i would actually prefer it if JP did call the guy an idiot. :devil:

I almost laughed myself silly!! I thought his response was classic! If you haven't seen it, it is must see on BuffaloBills.com for anybody who follows this team. I've watched his interviews this year and I must say I think he's handled them ALL very well. Even the Jets postgame interview was a solid response from a frustrated QB who just wants to win!!

i absolutely agree and that's exactly what JP did.  except i suppose i would actually prefer it if JP did call the guy an idiot.  :D

796516[/snapback]

Actually I much prefer it when a player doesn't use name calling, but comes up with witty comments that lead the listener to the obvious conclusion that the guy who asked the question is indeed an idiot. That demonstrates that you are smarter than they are. That's what JP did.