Bills - Vikings Photos

rockpile

I put up my game day photos. Lots of football, a few cheerleaders, a couple tailgating.

I did not have an angle to get Andre Reed.

Any granularity on some of the closeups was from cropping a 10X optical view, but they came pretty good!

At least looking at these is better than arguing about who is the best fan. :devil:

click here!

Yeah, I don't see any photos of the scoreboard reading 0:00....I take it you left early like the rest of the losers.... :devil:

Nice pics Rock!

793564[/snapback]

You know, I went to take a picture of the scoreboard, while waiting for the crowds of people that were no longer there, blocking my way in long lines on the stairs, and they had turned it off! :devil:

So what did you think of the Rockpile seats?  I'm hoping not as bad as you were led to believe (i.e. no one was murdered in your presence).

793590[/snapback]

Section 219 is at the opposite end from the Rockpile seats. I liked them a lot!

I would prefer the homefield corner to the visitor's side corner - only saw Andre's back.

It is cozy - only eleven rows to the top and no one sitting behind you (except enclosed in glass) - there was only one guy trying to pick a fight with a Vikings fan. He was an embarassment to our region! Luckily the Vikes fan refused to be goaded into a stupid argument. It ruined the 4th quarter for him - he was justified leaving early. :devil:

I have been gong to games for 40+ years and was never hassled. My only worry was that my teenage godson would do something like yell "Bills Suck!" :devil:

Kids!

Nice photos Rockpile!

I especially liked the shots of the protection scheme in action. Doubles on the Dt's and Single on the Ends with Some chipps from the TEs and Backs.

We were in sec 226

793589[/snapback]

Thanks. I got lucky on a few of those shots (like Willis upside down).

Oh yeah,

I am a better fan than you too. :devil::devil:

Thanks. I got lucky on a few of those shots (like Willis upside down).

Oh yeah,

I am a better fan than you too.    :devil:  :devil:

793597[/snapback]

Hummm, I've been a Bills Fan since the Championship loss to the Chief's for the AFL Championship and a trip to the first Super Bowl (not called that back then).....After that 1966 season, the Bill's tanked badly and by 1968, our top QB that year was the immortal Dan Darraugh.....after Kemp was hurt, Flores bad arm, Kay Stephenson, etc.

The Dan went down and we had good old Eddie Rutkowski at QB to finishup a single win season. The single win was a 37-35 victory over the Super Bowl Champion Jets and Joe Willie Namath......

Better fan? Maybe not, but I do have some longevity on my side...

Hummm, I've been a Bills Fan since the Championship loss to the Chief's for the AFL Championship and a trip to the first Super Bowl (not called that back then).....After that 1966 season, the Bill's tanked badly and by 1968, our top QB that year was the immortal Dan Darraugh.....after Kemp was hurt, Flores bad arm, Kay Stephenson, etc.

The Dan went down and we had good old Eddie Rutkowski at QB to finishup a single win season. The single win was a 37-35 victory over the Super Bowl Champion Jets and Joe Willie Namath......

Better fan? Maybe not, but I do have some longevity on my side...

793636[/snapback]

I remember Ed Rutkowski as "disaster" QB.

I am a better fan than you, too! :devil:

you know this is a joke, right? :devil:

Section 219 is at the opposite end from the Rockpile seats. I liked them a lot!

I would prefer the homefield corner to the visitor's side corner - only saw Andre's back.

It is cozy - only eleven rows to the top and no one sitting behind you (except enclosed in glass) - there was only one guy trying to pick a fight with a Vikings fan. He was an embarassment to our region! Luckily the Vikes fan refused to be goaded into a stupid argument. It ruined the 4th quarter for him - he was justified leaving early.  :devil:

I have been gong to games for 40+ years and was never hassled. My only worry was that my teenage godson would do something like yell "Bills Suck!"  :devil: 

Kids!

793596[/snapback]

219??? COOL! That's where I am sitting in December... Thanks for the preview of the view!

Great pics Tom - what did you take them with?

219???  COOL!  That's where I am sitting in December... Thanks for the preview of the view!

Great pics Tom - what did you take them with?

793711[/snapback]

Kodak Z740 with 10X optical zoom. There is another (I think) 5x digital zoom that I rarely use. I can take close ups of people at the podium - 50 yard line - from the upper deck.

I added a 1GB memory card. The one that comes with the camera is small and I think built in internal memory holds only about 20-25 shots. I reset the pixels from 5mp to 3 mp since that is enough for an 8 x 10, which is about the largest photo I would ever need. That gives me almost 1000 pictures and I can also shoot video (with sound playback on the camera).

This is not an "advertisement" for the camera. I just like the features for the price. To each their own.

I do not use the EZ Share software; I set up my PC to "see" the camera as a "drive" and it is easier (for me anyway) to download pictures.

For prints - it is hard to beat Wal*Mart 15 cent 4x6 inch prints (19 cents for one hour photo). I can send them to be printed from home, run a couple errands at pick them up.

A couple negatives about it:

Because of the 10 X optical lens, this is NOT a camera you carry in your pocket. I got a heavier strap than the one they provide. Today a slim camera would have been nice to fit in my pocket since I am going to a wedding. Babyrock is a bridesmaid and Mrs Rock has a HOT outfit. NO, I am not posting photos. :lol:

Also, I have trouble taking long range sports pictures at night, under artifical light.

edit: another problem is lag time between photos - sometimes it takes 2 to 3 seconds to reset for the next shot if you are not in "burst" mode.

-------------------

I wish you were coming up for the Dolphins - it would have been nice to see you again, Nick!

That's not a LAMP. Thanks for the great pictures!

By the way, nice picture of McGahee going airborn.  Luckily you missed Shelton whiffing on his block on Winfield.

793917[/snapback]

I just kept taking shot after shot, because you do not know what you will get!

I got lucky a few times. :lol:

Thanks.

Today a slim camera would have been nice to fit in my pocket since I am going to a wedding. Babyrock is a bridesmaid and Mrs Rock has a HOT outfit. NO, I am not posting photos.  :lol:

797771[/snapback]

Only members of your Inner Circle get to see those, right? :D

Having a small camera is one big reason I like my digital, that I can slip it into my pocket. It's a 4MP, and I've taken some great shots with it.

Only members of your Inner Circle get to see those, right?  :D

Having a small camera is one big reason I like my digital, that I can slip it into my pocket. It's a 4MP, and I've taken some great shots with it.

797897[/snapback]

You are not supposed to mention the inner circle! :D