What would possibly entice a fane to leave early?

MDyl7993

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only speak for myself here: because the wife sez we gotta leave early so we can beat traffic/get something to eat/watch the 2nd game on TV. It's a deal breaker. They're her season tickets. (She left early in the greatest comeback of all times before I knew her)

:devil:

anxiety attack? need drugs?

Need to drink?

Left car running and gas on empty?

Hungry?

Bored?

Thought a game was only 3 quarters?

Hot date?

When I left AFTER the game ended, there was no traffic tie ups.  Bet it was worse for those who felt they had had enough.

792745[/snapback]

Catch a flight? - Am I the first to highlight this fact to all the great conclusionists of this thread. Some people travel across time zones to watch their beloved Bills multiple times a year. That isn't "fan enough" for you?

Interesting. I think I am as much of a fan for taking a flight to a Bills game (you figure the cost time and money wise) and then leaving early to catch a flight, as a local who "stays to the end".

But why bring clarity and logic into this thread? Continue on with the generalizations and self grandizing.

It's not so much that it's difficult to use the public thoroughfares to leave the stadium after the game, it's getting from the parking lot to Southwestern or Big Tree that's the problem. It's not even the design of the lots so much as it is the volume of patrons wandering in every conceivable direction.

I was one of the few who left early yesterday, and I second the sentiment that folks from Rochester or Ontario leave a few minutes ahead of time to get a jump on the traffic and cut into what is otherwise a very long ride home.

That's when you teach him about using an empty beer cup and a jacket to hide his wee-wee while he goes.

793306[/snapback]

I've never known the boy to hide anything at any time in that regard. Hell, his hands would be down there 24/7 if we didn't keep reminding him about it :devil:

When I left AFTER the game ended, there was no traffic tie ups. Bet it was worse for those who felt they had had enough.

792745[/snapback]

I Stayed for the whole game and can't imagine where you went out of the stadium that there was no traffic problem. I was stuck in line for 27 mins before I got to go forward at all. Traffic was bumper to bumper then all the way to East Aurora. When I finally got on the 400 I lost the traffic.

That is the main reason why I usually leave my seats with 5 mins left in the game. My radio headset on to my car then the radio of the game and post game until I get home to rewind the tape and watch the end.

This week I sat inside the REDZONE and stayed for the whole game.

792958[/snapback]

I go out to 20A and then no problem

I can only speak for myself here: because the wife sez we gotta leave early so we can beat traffic/get something to eat/watch the 2nd game on TV.  It's a deal breaker.  They're her season tickets.  (She left early in the greatest comeback of all times before I knew her)

793405[/snapback]

you should have learned the first time and left her home

I left after the Jets scored with 3 minutes left to go up 28-13. 

I didn't want to get stuck in traffic so I bolted when the Bills punted up 17-6 with three minutes left. 

792782[/snapback]

What is it with you and 3 minutes? :devil::devil::angry:

Catch a flight? - Am I the first to highlight this fact to all the great conclusionists of this thread.  Some people travel across time zones to watch their beloved Bills multiple times a year.  That isn't "fan enough" for you?

Interesting.  I think I am as much of a fan for taking a flight to a Bills game (you figure the cost time and money wise) and then leaving early to catch a flight, as a local who "stays to the end".

793408[/snapback]

Does coming over from Australia count?

Does coming over from Australia count?

793588[/snapback]

I am going to the Chicago game. Guess what? I will stay for the entire game.

Also, they have to park in a ramp. It must be a lot harder for them, and the fans still stay.

Season ticket holders who go to every game, what do you spend?

792860[/snapback]

There's 3 of us. We split the cost 3-ways. $20.00 for gas/$5.00 for parking. We spend x-number of dollars for whatever we purchase for the tailgate. Very rarely do I buy anything to eat or drink once inside the stadium. Soooooo....probably about $50/game. :devil:

I can only speak for myself here: because the wife sez we gotta leave early so we can beat traffic/get something to eat/watch the 2nd game on TV.  It's a deal breaker.  They're her season tickets.  (She left early in the greatest comeback of all times before I knew her)

you should have learned the first time and left her home

793559[/snapback]

Did you miss the part where he said they were HER season tickets?

10-15k patriots fans? Are you kidding me? maybe 5-7k so jets fans - many from UB, but to say 10-15k for any team besides the steelers is plain wrong.  Tell me how many pats fans are there in 3 weeks.

793205[/snapback]

Probably not 15k this season, since it's been a full 18 months since their last Super Bowl. But lemme tell ya, section 109 was Brutal-with-a-capital-B the year after their first one, and the endzone was even worse. Thought I'd fallen down a rabbit hole and ended up in Foxborough.

My wife and I were at the game yesterday, and not nearly as many people left early as has been portrayed on certain media outlets. I'm sure some of them were Vikes fans too...

793038[/snapback]

And I have property in florida to sell you

793405[/snapback]

You married her.