From Lenny P Today

Dawgg

B-)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/lastcall?page=lastcall/week4

• For all the criticism that former Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe still takes, the fact remains that he drafted the Bills' starting quarterback, J.P. Losman, who is playing well, a franchise-level tailback in Willis McGahee and a deep-threat receiver in Lee Evans.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, of course it's true.

The humor in this is the fact that Lenny P doesn't go a week without plugging his friend Tom Donahoe at every opportunity (and yes, they are childhood friends).

Uh, whats so funny? That's all true...

Have we actually gotten to the point where anytime somebody says something positive about Donahoe our response is automatically to laugh, completely disregarding whether or not the statement is true?

792399[/snapback]

But we all know now that the best draft pick this year just happened to be Laurence Maroney. Hey, guess what, he wa drafted by the Pats. He's got dread locks, must be good. Steal of the year because BB took him.

Please, Lord of Darkness, forgive us for blaspheming thee. We know Thou art a baby-eater. We know Thou art the Heart of Darkness which drinketh the blood of the children. We beg thee not to draft another Playmaker from thine home in the Bowels of Hell.

Wow I'm sorry man, I had no idea of the context. I guess thats the disadvantage of not being from the WNY area.

792406[/snapback]

Kudos for admitting a mistake but, let me take it a step further. After all the crap ESPN has tossed at this team for 4 months, now you are gonna let them run for cover? Worse, the cover they are running for is:

"Donohoe good after all"?

At what point are they gonna give Marv his props? Prolly never as long as we keep allowing them to change "JP sucks and Marv is old" into "Good thing Donohoe drafted JP and QED, Marv is living off TD's "good" drafts". Please, could the Kool-Aid you are drinking get any more ridiculous? I, nor anyone else, should have to explain this one to you. It is damage control plain and simple.

BTW, the CNN/SI super bowl bound Dolphins are 1-3 - and they just lost to the TEXANS. What else is there to say about the "experts" and their Donohoe slurping?

But we all know now that the best draft pick this year just happened to be Laurence Maroney.  Hey, guess what, he wa drafted by the Pats.  He's got dread locks, must be good.  Steal of the year because BB took him.

792407[/snapback]

Sadly, that's probably right.

Uh, of course it's true.

The humor in this is the fact that Lenny P doesn't go a week without plugging his friend Tom Donahoe at every opportunity (and yes, they are childhood friends).

792402[/snapback]

Two words...Mike Williams

Donahoe just couldn't pick the correct COACHING STAFF!  B-)

792425[/snapback]

That remains the key. The control freak was afraid of hiring a strong coach. Bottom line... poor coaching hires due to ego led to a fractured, underachieving team. Yes he had some good draft picks, but any praise for him should stop there. He was UNSUCCESSFUL in his role as the Bills president.

I don't care at all about Lenny P.

I care about my man Simon. B-)

It was HE who came to this board, posted good things about TD, and got blasted. I took him to task as well, and he proved to me via PM that TD's drafts were at least average.

Look, TD had his blunders to be sure, but some of his moves are looking better each day. The 2003 draft landed us Crowell, McGee and Aiken (special teams demon) in the 3rd, 4th and 5th. Trading up for Denney looks good now, right?

He got a 1st round pick for Peerless, and turned it into MaGahee. He even swindled a 3rd for the King of all Losers, Travis Henry.

TD was destroyed by his ego, and Levy seems to be doing well to be sure.

That said, some of TD's moves were not so bad. Others were great.

Good work Simon.

Uh, whats so funny? That's all true...

Have we actually gotten to the point where anytime somebody says something positive about Donahoe our response is automatically to laugh, completely disregarding whether or not the statement is true?

792399[/snapback]

I like to tell myself Tom Modrak was responsible for drafting any good players, while TD was the one who pushed for the turds. It really helps me to focus my hate and distain... B-)

I don't care at all about Lenny P.

I care about my man Simon.  B-)

It was HE who came to this board, posted good things about TD, and got blasted. I took him to task as well, and he proved to me via PM that TD's drafts were at least average.

Look, TD had his blunders to be sure, but some of his moves are looking better each day. The 2003 draft landed us Crowell, McGee and Aiken (special teams demon) in the 3rd, 4th and 5th. Trading up for Denney looks good now, right?

He got a 1st round pick for Peerless, and turned it into MaGahee. He even swindled a 3rd for the King of all Losers, Travis Henry.

TD was destroyed by his ego, and Levy seems to be doing well to be sure.

That said, some of TD's moves were not so bad. Others were great.

Good work Simon.

792469[/snapback]

Some draft picks worked out, some didn't which is true for every team in every league. His failures outside of the draft (and ignoring your favorite part of the team where TD failed miserably) were monumental. Coaching 0-2. Public relations...nightmare (pulling signs at The Ralph), front office atmosphere. He had his hits...TKO, Willis, Price trade, JP?. But his misses far outweighed them...MW, GW, meathead, Posey, O-line.

He wasn't bad at everything, but he was monumentally bad in certain aspects of his job. In the end, he failed and I'm happy he has gone on to grayer pastures.

i don't know what the big deal is. donohoe has always been able to draft good football players, and the bills have a number of them. coaching wins you games in the nfl, though, and that's where he failed. the fact that he comes across like an automaton or a prickly martinet (take your pick) makes him somewhat unlikeable from a fan's perspective, which didn't help his cause. also, pretty much the entire pro personnel and college scouting staff that he hired remain with the bills. therefore, there's a lot less turnover than some would believe ...

BTW, the CNN/SI super bowl bound Dolphins are 1-3 - and they just lost to the TEXANS. What else is there to say about the "experts" and their Donohoe slurping?

792423[/snapback]

And they actually should have lost to the Titans last week....They should be 0-4.

That remains the key. The control freak was afraid of hiring a strong coach. Bottom line... poor coaching hires due to ego led to a fractured, underachieving team. Yes he had some good draft picks, but any praise for him should stop there. He was UNSUCCESSFUL in his role as the Bills president.

792461[/snapback]

It necessarily doesn't have to be a STRONG coach....What he needed to do

was hire a coach and share his input and philosphies and ideas. Jauron is

not necessarily a STRONG coach, but Marv gives the coach the freedom to

talk and provide his input and respect his input. Marv believes in a team concept.

If TD had allowed Mularkey's input in all aspects of the team, may be we would have seen better results..