Bills open at +9.5 at Chicago

In different circumstances against a team the caliber of Chicago, on the road, things could get ugly. That said I love the way this game shapes up. Jaurons ugly departure from Chicago makes me believe he will have our guys fired up for this game. I also like that Chicago is playing this week on Sunday night against a big time team. They should expend a lot of energy tonight verse the Seahawks. I love the line, and the chance of an upset.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like it wasn't supposed to today?

791973[/snapback]

On the road vs. the Bears is a different story than at home vs. the Vikes. I hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting Losman's first bad outing of the season next week.

I like your positivity, but I'd really be surprised if our offense can generate more than 150 total yards next week...

791969[/snapback]

I haven't been very positive, more nuetral, and hoping to see players develop. Like I said I don't give Buffalo a stroing chance against a team like Chicago under normal circumstances. But in the NFL you look for situational events to influence motivation. Here Chicago is going from a playoff atmospshere verse the Seahawks to Playing a Bills team that is still under the radar. On the flip side Buffalo has a head coach who was treated unfairly by Chicago management. I just think Buffalo has very little chance of coming out flat for this game, while Chicago could be playing with a hangover off such a big game Sunday Night.

Rex Grossman is not what he appears to be.

791973[/snapback]

I thought the Bills had a very good chance against the Vikes, but I think going to Chicago is going to be scary for this O-line and JP. I don't really agree about Grossman (I think he is going to be pretty good), but I do agree that we can hold the bears offense. I just don't think our Offense will move against that D.

I'll be happy as hell if I"m wrong, because if the offense can beat that D, I will have grossly underestimated them and will think they actually have serious playoff hopes.

791973[/snapback]

Well, I was referring to our offense, not theirs. But I never thought we'd have a terrible time against the Vikes defense; I just knew we'd have problems running up the middle. Which was the case.

That said, big props to Fairchild for not abandoning the plan and letting Willis pound it time after time.

The Vikes don't have the pass rush that the Bears do, though. That will be the difference.

But...anything's possible!!!

I'll won't get myself worked up expecting a win against a D as dominant as the Bears'. If we could pull out a win there I'd be ecstatic!

I think our defense can play reasonably well against the Bears offense, but they might wear out in the end if we are getting a bunch of 3 and outs.

I mostly worry about Losman w our O-line vs that Bears D - it could be scary!

The bears defence is making a mockery of last years super bowl runner up. Although they are missing their #1 weapon, I don't think the Bills will be able to score on the Bears. Although, I do think the Bills D can hold off the Bears offence, this is a very difficult game that I think in the end we will end up being the loser of.

But I do say that if we do someone manage to compete on the road against the Bears, it says a lot about the possibilites of making it into the playoffs this year.

I must say i'm pretty impressed by the bears tonight. Their offense is better than I thought. Hopefully Seattle is just let down by not having Alexander. Although the Vikings played the Bears real tough in Chicago so who knows. I'd like to think our defense will fare better defending the pass than seattle has looked. Either way anything can happen, hopefully the bills are pumped up for jauron's return and the bears have a serious hang over. I thought for sure the Pats would get smoked in Cinci today and look what happened.

791973[/snapback]

I don't know how else you can judge Rex Grossman other than his play in 4 games this year. Based on wins and losses, his own stats, the game winning drive against the Vikes last week and a how he has looked tonight against a quality opponent, one could say he has played the best of any QB in football this year. There is no reason to think he won't play very well next week.