Go Bill(s)!

Kelly the Dog

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060...?tbd1033009.asp

Means nothing, and I really wonder why they are doing this. But it's kind of good to see, and cool for Ralph.

You might say former President Bill Clinton is becoming a familiar face at Buffalo sporting events.

Clinton and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., will attend Sunday's game at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Orchard Park as the Buffalo Bills host the Minnesota Vikings, according to spokesmen for both Clintons.

The Clintons' visit follows the former president's high-profile attendance at a Buffalo Sabres game last December, when he was hosted by team owner B. Thomas Golisano in his private box.

The former first couple will be the guest of Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. for the National Football League game on Sunday, according to Jennifer Hanley, the senator's spokeswoman.

Jay Carson, spokesman for the former president, said that there is no special agenda. "He's just coming to enjoy a great game," Carson said.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Before Sen. Clinton attends the game, she is scheduled to meet with a famous Buffalo Bill of the past. Hanley said she will appear with Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly at an 11:30 a.m. event at the Buffalo Center for Excellence in Bioinfomatics in downtown Buffalo in connection with Kelly's Hunter's Hope Foundation."

But...but...they're not going to attend Pinto Kenny's extravaganza?

"Before Sen. Clinton attends the game, she is scheduled to meet with a famous Buffalo Bill of the past. Hanley said she will appear with Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly at an 11:30 a.m. event at the Buffalo Center for Excellence in Bioinfomatics in downtown Buffalo in connection with Kelly's Hunter's Hope Foundation."

But...but...they're not going to attend Pinto Kenny's extravaganza?

789969[/snapback]

Maybe Bill will give Kenny a blue dress to wear for it.

Let's hope the Billsies can put on a good show for their presidential/senatorial guests!

789987[/snapback]

What's the Buffalo sports record with the Clintons in attendance? I know we have at least one Sabres win...

Edit: shall I say it? Say what you want about Clinton, he just wins... <_<

Edited by RuntheDamnBall

Wouldn't we all love it if we could be downtown at 11:30a for an event that probably will be 30-60 minutes and still make it in time to be inside the stadium for the start of the game at 1p? (Yes, I know we all would rather be tailgating at 8am - just saying if you had to be at the event...)

Wouldn't we all love it if we could be downtown at 11:30a for an event that probably will be 30-60 minutes and still make it in time to be inside the stadium for the start of the game at 1p?  (Yes, I know we all would rather be tailgating at 8am - just saying if you had to be at the event...)

790016[/snapback]

Yeah, we got off the 219 at 10:00 on Sunday and pulled into lot 6 at 10:40...Let me guess, they're going to close Abbott road to clear a path for the entourage. <_<

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060...?tbd1033009.asp

Means nothing, and I really wonder why they are doing this. But it's kind of good to see, and cool for Ralph.

789965[/snapback]

Jay Carson, spokesman for the former president, said that there is no special agenda. "He's just coming to enjoy a great game," Carson said.

THIS is what I never liked about the Clintons. It's not that they lie, it's that they do it so obviously and poorly. <_<

What's the Buffalo sports record with the Clintons in attendance?  I know we have at least one Sabres win...

Edit: shall I say it?  Say what you want about Clinton, he just wins... <_<

789989[/snapback]

Two Sabres wins.

Remember 1998? When Clinton was still in office, he attended the Eastern Finals between the Sabres and Caps. Sabres won in overtime.

THIS is what I never liked about the Clintons.  It's not that they lie, it's that they do it so obviously and poorly.  <_<

790024[/snapback]

Not sticking up for their truthfulness, as both of them are often completely disingenuous, especially Hillary. But seriously, this is their job. Do you really expect their spokesman to say, "We're here to try to con people of upstate New York that we care?"

I do know that Bill loves football. He probably genuinely wants to see the game, although he will probably have to fork over $25 at the Bills pro shop for a Bills hat for Hilary to wear before she says she's been a Bills fan since her childhood in Chicago.

But they probably said, "Let's go to a game. It will be fun and it will be a good photo-op because Buffalo people care a lot about the Bills, and we can get good exposure before we go back to ignoring them."

get her ankles tape while Billy boy helps out with the cheerleaders. OJ (I did not kill) at the Jets game, Hill and Bill (I did not have sex with that women) Vikings game, who ( I did not???) will be at Pats game? <_<

790129[/snapback]

funny, you and I both had the same (puke) reaction