Question for out-of-towners who go to the Ralph

Stevie Ray

I got tickets to the Green Bay game and going up Sat nite with my neighbor and his son (2 GB fans). The last time I went up to Buffalo for a game was about 20 years ago so I dont remember much of the area.

I'm looking at hotels in the area for the overnight stay, nothing fancy but no roach motel either. In particular, Best Western Norstar, a few minutes from the airport, about 20 miles from the stadium. Rate of about $64.

Anyone have any experience with this place, or any other suggestions for that matter? Also looking to enjoy some of the famous local fare and drink Saturday night (where exactly I dont know, open to suggestions on that too), so proximity to hotel is desired.

Appreciate any and all recommendations, thanks!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend the lodging options in the Hamburg area (right near I-90 - ~5 miles from the stadium). I have personally stayed at the Tally Ho-tel, the Holiday Inn, and the Red Roof Inn (most recently, last week).

I would recommend any of the 3, in the order (good, better, best) of: Tally Ho-tel, Holiday Inn, Red Roof Inn. Cost has ranged from ~$50 to ~$105 / night.

Definitely worth checking out.

I got tickets to the Green Bay game and going up Sat nite with my neighbor and his son (2 GB fans).  The last time I went up to Buffalo for a game was about 20 years ago so I dont remember much of the area.

I'm looking at hotels in the area for the overnight stay, nothing fancy but no roach motel either. In particular, Best Western Norstar, a few minutes from the airport, about 20 miles from the stadium. Rate of about $64.

Anyone have any experience with this place, or any other suggestions for that matter? Also looking to enjoy some of the famous local fare and drink Saturday night (where exactly I dont know, open to suggestions on that too), so proximity to hotel is desired.

788912[/snapback]

Bringing a little kid to a Bills game? I dunno that doesn't sound like such a good idea. There are so many people there with criminal records and who just look for people to fight in the parking lot, it might not be safe.

No relatives in B-lo?

Can't remember if it is a holiday inn or a days inn in Hamburg, but there is a bowling alley attached to one...I have stayed there a few times. 

Oh, how I miss living in Lakeview and being only minutes from an NFL team...

788961[/snapback]

Thats the Days Inn...and from driving past it last weekend, it has clearly seen better days. Large barricades (like cement median walls) in the parking lot and looks like part of the roof had been torn/blown off. Didn't look to be in business at all.

Thats the Days Inn...and from driving past it last weekend, it has clearly seen better days.  Large barricades (like cement median walls) in the parking lot and looks like part of the roof had been torn/blown off.  Didn't look to be in business at all.

788966[/snapback]

Ouch...Yeah, I havent stayed there in a few years...The last two times we have been to Buffalo we have either stayed with family in Cheektowaga or at the Holiday Inn Express in Cheektowaga right by the airport...

It's really an easy drive from out there too.

Bringing a little kid to a Bills game? I dunno that doesn't sound like such a good idea. There are so many people there with criminal records and who just look for people to fight in the parking lot, it might not be safe.

No relatives in B-lo?

788964[/snapback]

Dude, what the hell are you smoking? This has got to be the most assinine comment ever posted.

The kids will be fine...

Dude, what the hell are you smoking?  This has got to be the most assinine comment ever posted.

The kids will be fine...

788990[/snapback]

I can see both sides. On one hand a Bills game is not the best place for kids to be ... certain sections do get a little rough (including drunks in the parking lot) but I also believe that the kids would be safe if they chose to bring them.

Dude, what the hell are you smoking?  This has got to be the most assinine comment ever posted.

The kids will be fine...

788990[/snapback]

It was a joke. But i understand that in writing one may take it out of context.

The Ralph is a great place to watch a game and i have been going there since i was in third grade and have only witnessed a few fights.

I got tickets to the Green Bay game and going up Sat nite with my neighbor and his son (2 GB fans).  The last time I went up to Buffalo for a game was about 20 years ago so I dont remember much of the area.

788912[/snapback]

I'll be coming over for that game as well. Have stayed at the Best Western previously and an ahem...not so luxiourious abode... :blink:

It was a joke. But i understand that in writing one may take it out of context.

The Ralph is a great place to watch a game and i have been going there since i was in third grade and have only witnessed a few fights.

788997[/snapback]

Wow ! I guess I have the jinx. My funniest memory is one drunk being carted off like a six pack. Anckles cuffed together, same for wrists, then a pair of cuffs between ancles and wrists like a hog tie. Carrying said dude out like a six pack or a bag of garbage ! Good times !

Thats the Days Inn...and from driving past it last weekend, it has clearly seen better days.  Large barricades (like cement median walls) in the parking lot and looks like part of the roof had been torn/blown off.  Didn't look to be in business at all.

788966[/snapback]

My guess was that it's closed. We stayed @ the Tally-ho-tel last week, and it was okay. Much better than the time we stayed @ the Days Inn a couple years ago, when the damn power went out on us. Horrible place.

My guess was that it's closed.  We stayed @ the Tally-ho-tel last week, and it was okay.  Much better than the time we stayed @ the Days Inn a couple years ago, when the damn power went out on us.  Horrible place.

789049[/snapback]

:blink:

Seems like every year I'm giving a reccommendation to the Tally-Ho.

This year, though I stayed at the Holiday Inn at the airport, it was a hell of a lot nicer than the hamburg-area hotels, and cheaper to boot.

:blink:

Seems like every year I'm giving a reccommendation to the Tally-Ho.

This year, though I stayed at the Holiday Inn at the airport, it was a hell of a lot nicer than the hamburg-area hotels, and cheaper to boot.

789055[/snapback]

Cheaper than $49.95 a night? Really?

788966[/snapback]

That place used to be THE place to go when you were a teenager.

Leisure Land:

Bowling, ice skating, party/banquet rooms, a bar, a diner, a restaurant, and live music outside in the summer - all of this sitting under a hotel.

That is how it was 35 years ago, anyway! :blink:

That place used to be THE place to go when you were a teenager.

Leisure Land:

Bowling, ice skating, party/banquet rooms, a bar, a diner, a restaurant, and live music outside in the summer -  all of this sitting under a hotel.

That is how it was 35 years ago, anyway!  :blink:

789070[/snapback]

Roof over the alleys caved in last winter, exposing hotel lobby/common rooms to the elements causing whole place to close.

K-Dog has the right idea - downtown at the Hampton (Delaware&Chippewa), Comfort Suites (Main&Chippewa) or HI on Delaware. You might spend a bit more ($125?) but you'll be in the heart of downtown with places you can walk to and from, and DWI's are pretty expensive anyway.

Also it's about the easiest ride to The Ralph that I can think of - Skyway straight down Rt 5, left past Ford plant, down Big Tree Rd, left at Big Tree Inn, left into Hammer's Lot.