Terrell Owens taken to the hospital

justnzane

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, that.  A suicide attempt basically means you get put under a 24-72 hour psych watch, and leaving a/m/a isn't an option. 

He could have a diagnosable mental illness.  It's possible.  On the other hand, he could just be a !@#$ing moron.  I think the key point here is: you idiots are trying to diagnose a mental illness from media reports!!!  Don't.  It's not that easy when you're a professional talking face-to-face with a patient.  I highly doubt any of you mouth-breathing pez-heads are going to stumble on a correct diagnosis based on ESPN's reporting. 

As I said a while ago: judgement does NOT equal insight.

788506[/snapback]

I work as a RN in the ER psych ward here in Hawaii. I don't know the laws in Texas. A serious suicide attempt would usually get you 72 hr observation. it was probably a accidental OD (having pain, kept taking more because it wasn't working).

Another thought.... it's silly to try and diagnose someone using the internet (web MD etc). Diagnosis based on symptoms alone is a very dangerous thing!

but, as so many of the reactions here show, mental illness is not perceived as an illness but as a "weakness"

This is a societal perception and I do not see it changing anytime soon. As a result, the mental illness in our society continues to worsen.

788192[/snapback]

Excellent post.

I work as a RN in the ER psych ward here in Hawaii. I don't know the laws in Texas. A serious suicide attempt would usually get you 72 hr observation. it was probably a accidental OD (having pain, kept taking more because it wasn't working).

Another thought.... it's silly to try and diagnose someone using the internet (web MD etc). Diagnosis based on symptoms alone is a very dangerous thing!

788592[/snapback]

I don't think we can speculate on the diagnosis. Do you care to speculate how much of a draft pick it would cost us to acquire TO?

As members of the football community, it is important for us to band together in a player's time of need.

TO obviously desperately needs our help. We have one diagnosis on here, but in order to successfully help him I think we need some other people to chime in.

Please, for the sake of TO, let's come to a consensus as to what his problem is so that we can approach the media and have the media help him. Imagine how we can save his life if we do this.

Lets get back to the good, intelligent discussions we were having before CTM came into the picture, so that we can help save a life.

heh

his agent sounded like she really didn't know what was going on

at one point she was taking the pills out of his mouth because he was incoherent

the next minute she didn't take anything out of his mouth

the next minuet it was a really long day she doesn't know hahaha

As members of the football community, it is important for us to band together in a player's time of need.

TO obviously desperately needs our help.  We have one diagnosis on here, but in order to successfully help him I think we need some other people to chime in.

Please, for the sake of TO, let's come to a consensus as to what his problem is so that we can approach the media and have the media help him.  Imagine how we can save his life if we do this.

Lets get back to the good, intelligent discussions we were having before CTM came into the picture, so that we can help save a life.

788606[/snapback]

Boxtops for TO!

:D

You know what would be unique?

Suicide by being crushed from movie props.  Could try that one.

788588[/snapback]

We used to have a larger-than-lifesize picture of full framed Angelina Jolie, as Lara Croft, in our office.

Now that would be cool.

heh

his agent sounded like she really didn't know what was going on

at one point she was taking the pills out of his mouth because he was incoherent

the next minute she didn't take anything out of his mouth

the next minuet it was a really long day she doesn't know hahaha

788610[/snapback]

IMHO, there's some major spin-control goin' on here. I'm guessin' that the publicity-agent/"ho" and Rosen-scum got together with the ultimate scum, TO, to quash this so TO doesn't get cut for non-football related issues.

TO's too stupid to realize it, but Rosen-scum knows if TO doesn't get paid, neither does he.

(Based on that, crayonz, I'd say he's not worth more than a 7th round pick. :D )

IMHO, there's some major spin-control goin' on here.  I'm guessin' that the publicity-agent/"ho" and Rosen-scum got together with the ultimate scum, TO, to quash this so TO doesn't get cut for non-football related issues.

TO's too stupid to realize it, but Rosen-scum knows if TO doesn't get paid, neither does he.

(Based on that, crayonz, I'd say he's not worth more than a 7th round pick. :D )

788626[/snapback]

To me, what TO says makes sense. What the "suicide attempt" says does not make sense. TO says, basically, that he took a couple (generic term for) "vicodin" earlier in the day, and then "two or three more" later in the day, along with a lot of natural supplements, and he had an allergic reaction. He was groggy, he has no idea what he said to who, and they never pumped his stomach. He may be a total ass. That may or may not be true, but it all makes complete sense to me. Plus, if the hospital did pump his stomach that is easy to find out. there is no way he denies it so vehemently, something so easily checked.

The pumping of the stomach is pretty key, because according to the fire department, they were at TO's house three minutes after the 911 call, and almost immediately got him to the hospital. Who tries to kill themself taking 5 vicodin? If he did take a lot, they would have pumped his stomach. They would almost have to. And Parcells doesn't seem to be worried about this at all. He would know.