Terrell Owens taken to the hospital

justnzane

One of the ESPN talking heads said that they contacted the 49'ers and Eagles, and representitives from both teams said that, while with them, he was approached by the team, to seek counceling, because, they felt, his erratic behavior off the field was indicative of some bigger issues...in both instances, they say, TO was offended and refused to take their advice....

788457[/snapback]

That's a shocker. :w00t: People think TO is acting bizarre? TO denies it? :D

BTW, thanks for the (basically) civil debate yesterday. Threads like that are fun, IMO, more than they are frustrating.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I can't tell if you think it was a suicide attempt or not.

788459[/snapback]

I don't at all, no. Total conjecture. Impossible to know for sure. He's at home 12 hours after the incident. Will be working out later today and practicing tomorrow. It's impossible for me to believe that if the cops or hospital or team thought it was a suicide attempt that any of those three things would be happening right now let alone all three of them.

Jesus, people.

Now he's bi-polar?

Look. He's a media hog. That's it. Plain and simple. There is nothing wrong with TO other than the fact that he will do anything to get the spotlight on him as long as possible. Period. There is a much better and believable chance that he intentionally said "yes" so it would leak out and he would be (as he now is) BACK on the front page of every newspaper and website in the !@#$ing world.

But no. He's bi-polar.

Jesus.

788419[/snapback]

I really don't give a rat's ass about most celebs. What do they really do to deserve any attention. I'm more concerned about the guy who runs my local gas station because that is where I buy my gas and my kids school teachers because they teach my kids.

But I am not so callous to kick a fellow human being under the bus after he commits suicide. A fellow human being is in pain and needs help. Just to emphasis my point that I'm a softy to people in need, I give $5.00 to pan handlers if they are standing along the road and look pathetic. I give $20.00 if there is a woman standing there as well because most woman would never pan handle. The change most people give really doesn't help much. At least with five bucks you can buy a meal at a fast food restaurant.

I don't at all, no. Total conjecture. Impossible to know for sure. He's at home 12 hours after the incident. Will be working out later today and practicing tomorrow. It's impossible for me to believe that if the cops or hospital or team thought it was a suicide attempt that any of those three things would be happening right now let alone all three of them.

788464[/snapback]

Based on this conjecture, what round pick do you think we should offer?

788464[/snapback]

I'm not sure. He did tell the cops that he tried to hurt himself.

It could be that he's embarassed about this publically and that he's attempting to deal with it in privacy. Given his fame status and the amount of money he has, most likely they would let him deal with it that way, as long as they were confident he had good people surrounding him.

Further reading on this, and I agree with Matt Mosley (DMN)'s commentary on his blog.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/

Story getting weirder by the minute

You've probably read where the Dallas police have issued a new report regarding last night's events. This one apparently has some of the details blacked out. And the police now said they released the report "prematurely."

What you're about to hear is some huge spin control. T.O. will say that this was all a huge misunderstanding. What's hard to figure out is how his publicist, Kim Etheredge, went from trying to save her client's life to saying he just had a bad mix of pain medication and supplements.

Will we ever know the complete truth? I doubt it, but this will give Owens a good jumping off point for his next book.

I really don't give a rat's ass about most celebs. What do they really do to deserve any attention. I'm more concerned about the guy who runs my local gas station because that is where I buy my gas and my kids school teachers because they teach my kids.

But I am not so callous to kick a fellow human being under the bus after he commits suicide. A fellow human being is in pain and needs help. Just to emphasis my point that I'm a softy to people in need, I give $5.00 to pan handlers if they are standing along the road and look pathetic. I give $20.00 if there is a woman standing there as well because most woman would never pan handle. The change most people give really doesn't help much. At least with five bucks you can buy a meal at a fast food restaurant.

788465[/snapback]

they did a story on Dateline that showed that some of these panhandlers make 50k a year...

I'm not sure.  He did tell the cops that he tried to hurt himself.

It could be that he's embarassed about this publically and that he's attempting to deal with it in privacy.  Given his fame status and the amount of money he has, most likely they would let him deal with it that way, as long as they were confident he had good people surrounding him.

788485[/snapback]

I think that the biggest key in all of this is that Owens was going to speak to the media from his house already. But they changed it to speaking from the team's facility. That to me tells me that the team is in cahoots with all of this, and that they likely wouldn't do that if they thought it was a serious attempt.

One could say that it may show just the opposite, that they want to appear to be on his side. But he's going to work out and he's going to practice tomorrow and they won't rule out (yet) that he's not playing this week. That makes me pretty damn sure they don't think this was a legitimate attempt. Any attempt is a serious attempt, even if you cannot go through with it. That doesn't appear to be the case, to me.