Terrell Owens taken to the hospital

justnzane

I think that the biggest key in all of this is that Owens was going to speak to the media from his house already. But they changed it to speaking from the team's facility. That to me tells me that the team is in cahoots with all of this, and that they likely wouldn't do that if they thought it was a serious attempt.

One could say that it may show just the opposite, that they want to appear to be on his side. But he's going to work out and he's going to practice tomorrow and they won't rule out (yet) that he's not playing this week. That makes me pretty damn sure they don't think this was a legitimate attempt. Any attempt is a serious attempt, even if you cannot go through with it. That doesn't appear to be the case, to me.

788494[/snapback]

TO is actually going to speak from his house at Valley Ranch at 2:15 according to the latest news.

Parcells will be addressing the media at the team's facility.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TO is actually going to speak from his house at Valley Ranch at 2:15 according to the latest news.

Parcells will be addressing the media at the team's facility.

788499[/snapback]

That's not what I just heard on the news. The Dallas regular Wednesday press conference is at 2:30. The Terrel thing is an hour (maybe 45 minutes) later, from the facility. But the news gets so many of these things wrong that either one could be correct.

That's not what I just heard on the news. The Dallas regular Wednesday press conference is at 2:15. The Terrel thing is an hour later, from the facility. But the news gets so many of these things wrong that either one could be correct.

788503[/snapback]

Yeah lol. My source was the info just posted on DMN's website about 12 mins ago.

He was also released from the hospital. About 12 hours after it happened. I'm thinking if they thought it was a serious suicide attempt, he would still be kept there under observation. Perhaps not.

788379[/snapback]

True, that. A suicide attempt basically means you get put under a 24-72 hour psych watch, and leaving a/m/a isn't an option.

He could have a diagnosable mental illness. It's possible. On the other hand, he could just be a !@#$ing moron. I think the key point here is: you idiots are trying to diagnose a mental illness from media reports!!! Don't. It's not that easy when you're a professional talking face-to-face with a patient. I highly doubt any of you mouth-breathing pez-heads are going to stumble on a correct diagnosis based on ESPN's reporting.

As I said a while ago: judgement does NOT equal insight.

True, that.  A suicide attempt basically means you get put under a 24-72 hour psych watch, and leaving a/m/a isn't an option. 

He could have a diagnosable mental illness.  It's possible.  On the other hand, he could just be a !@#$ing moron.  I think the key point here is: you idiots are trying to diagnose a mental illness from media reports!!!  Don't.  It's not that easy when you're a professional talking face-to-face with a patient.  I highly doubt any of you mouth-breathing pez-heads are going to stumble on a correct diagnosis based on ESPN's reporting. 

788506[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying to a point, theres no way we'll actually be able to know.

However, it *does* make for some good, intriguing conversation as to why he behaves the way he behaves.

The appropriate cliche here is: take it with a huge grain of salt.

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying to a point, theres no way we'll actually be able to know.

However, it *does* make for some good, intriguing conversation as to why he behaves the way he behaves.

The appropriate cliche here is: take it with a huge grain of salt.

788507[/snapback]

It makes for good, intriguing conversation to discuss why Fan in San Diego behaves the way he behaves. So let's discuss that: why does he think he can give a definitive diagnosis of mental illness on someone he's never met based on internet reports and a message board? :D

Jesus, some of you people are !@#$ing dumb.

It makes for good, intriguing conversation to discuss why Fan in San Diego behaves the way he behaves.  So let's discuss that: why does he think he can give a definitive diagnosis of mental illness on someone he's never met based on internet reports and a message board?  :D

Jesus, some of you people are !@#$ing dumb.

788514[/snapback]

Because, obviously, tests like these are definitive.

He probably just went there and filled it out for how he thinks TO feels!

:w00t:

T.O.  Police Report

FYI

788521[/snapback]

It's already being changed.

Story getting weirder by the minute

You've probably read where the Dallas police have issued a new report regarding last night's events. This one apparently has some of the details blacked out. And the police now said they released the report "prematurely."

What you're about to hear is some huge spin control. T.O. will say that this was all a huge misunderstanding. What's hard to figure out is how his publicist, Kim Etheredge, went from trying to save her client's life to saying he just had a bad mix of pain medication and supplements.

Will we ever know the complete truth? I doubt it, but this will give Owens a good jumping off point for his next book.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/

True, that.  A suicide attempt basically means you get put under a 24-72 hour psych watch, and leaving a/m/a isn't an option. 

He could have a diagnosable mental illness.  It's possible.  On the other hand, he could just be a !@#$ing moron.  I think the key point here is: you idiots are trying to diagnose a mental illness from media reports!!!  Don't.  It's not that easy when you're a professional talking face-to-face with a patient.  I highly doubt any of you mouth-breathing pez-heads are going to stumble on a correct diagnosis based on ESPN's reporting. 

788506[/snapback]

You are 100% correct here.

Based on this, what round pick should we offer?

Let it go already.  Good God, you people are making ME want to OD on painkillers...  :D

788527[/snapback]

Silly Tom, this isn't going to just get dropped.

You should know the media better then that by now. This type of story sells.

(And I don't care what you say, I do think its interesting speculating about TO's health, even if all it does is produce speculation, thats why he's popular damnit, he makes me feel good about myself :w00t::w00t: )