Question for the J.P.Losman haters

Like A Mofo

Wasn't he still a year away last year?

787013[/snapback]

Every year we say that you're a year away from having a clue.

VABills is two years away.

I think between the 3 of you, JP has the best odds at finally getting it next year.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year we say that you're a year away from having a clue.

VABills is two years away.

I think between the 3 of you,  JP has the best odds at finally getting it next year.

787412[/snapback]

So is next year the first year posters will be allowed to criticize Losman or will they have to wait until his fifth year as a Bill?

I think you may have missed my point.  Why take some kid and let him play and suck until he learns to be good and win and then lost him to free agency?  Why not pick up a free agent who has already played and sucked and learned on someone elses dime.  Then bring him in when he's ready to play, like Brees or Dilfur or Plummer ???

That's my theory for todays free agency nfl.  Trying to get a young quarterback and bringing him along is pre free agency thinking.  IMHO

Go Bills

787406[/snapback]

Maybe I've missed something in football the last few years but.. it seems most successful teams drafted their quarterbacks. Not all were necessarily super bowl winners but... of the great teams since maybe the early 90's.. Favre, Elway, Aikman, Kelly, Marino, Brady, hell the pats even went to the super bowl with Bledsoe.. and even today.. Peyton Manning.. Eli Manning is up and coming, Roethlesberger was drafted. Vick was drafted. Mcnabb. I can't think of a whole lot of free agent QB's that led their teams to much. Im sure there have been some but generally it seems like teams develop their QB's. Our last experience with signing Rob Johnson did not go overall.. and Bledsoe was marginal although I think the line had something to do with that cuz he did have his career year with us. And yes there are some draft busts as well.. But I'd rather gamble with developing a qb.

So is next year the first year posters will be allowed to criticize Losman or will they have to wait until his fifth year as a Bill?

787437[/snapback]

People can criticize him if they want, I do it every Sunday.

It's the people who hammer him on every little thing, and refuse to give him any credit.

Was JP great Sunday? Hell no.

Did his turnovers cost us the game? They helped, that's for sure.

Am I impressed that he's improved 10-fold since last season? Hell yes.

Criticism is one thing, being a moron who only dwells on the poor things, without aknowledging any progress, is ignorant.

Those are the people I target.

You a moron too?

Losman having but 1 interception and 8 sacks in 3 games is impressive...

787362[/snapback]

Even more so when you consider that two of those games were on the road and one was against the dynasty Patriots. Add in that the one home game was played in 20-30 MPH winds and that he plays for a team picked to finish at the bottom or close thereto and those numbers look even better.

Yeah, he needs to get better but as is, he is doing just fine. Lots of games yet to play so lets see what happens.

Losman will never be good. If you can't tell our offense is handcuffed b/c we have to playcall AROUND our QB, then you're not paying attention. Besides Aaron Brooks, name another starting QB that has committed turnovers/mistakes which directly lead to loses in 2 of their team's 3 games?

This team could've had Leinhart and traded up to get Whitner instead of McCargo and we would be 3-0 right now.

Besides Aaron Brooks, name another starting QB that has committed turnovers/mistakes which directly lead to loses in 2 of their team's 3 games?

787551[/snapback]

Brett Favre and Ben Roethlisberger just off the top of my head.

Hey Joe, add this guy to the retard of the week nominations!

Are you kidding, the Bills would be better with Blue Drees.  He's a real QB.  He gets respect from his team mates because they KNOW he can do it.  Not they think and hope he can like they do with JP. 

In NFL Football in the era of free agency, I think you're better off to get a Free Agent who has already played for 3 years while learning for somebody else (like Drees).  If you draft a guy like JP and let him play and suck 3 years to learn while the team loses, once he gets it going and you start to get good, he enters Free Agency and books.  Another option is a trade.  That what Drees, Jake "The Snake" Plummer, Trent Green, MArk Brunell, and Brad Johnson all did.

The Bills could now have any of the following who moved since J P was drafted: Drew Brees, Trent Dilfur, Brad Johnson, Griese, Kurt Warner, Air McNair, John Kitna.  I'm saying all of these would be better, but at least 4 of them would be.

I say wait til the off season and see whose available and get the best free agent money can buy.  We'd be better off.

787293[/snapback]

Sorry, been traveling all day.

Read my post with your eyes open this time. I did not say or imply that the Bills would not be better off today with Brees as QB.

Maybe I've missed something in football the last few years but.. it seems most successful teams drafted their quarterbacks.  Not all were necessarily super bowl winners but... of the great teams since maybe the early 90's.. Favre, Elway, Aikman, Kelly, Marino, Brady, hell the pats even went to the super bowl with Bledsoe.. and even today.. Peyton Manning.. Eli Manning is up and coming, Roethlesberger was drafted. Vick was drafted.  Mcnabb.  I can't think of a whole lot of free agent QB's that led their teams to much.  Im sure there have been some but generally it seems like teams develop their QB's.  Our last experience with signing Rob Johnson did not go overall.. and Bledsoe was marginal although I think the line had something to do with that cuz he did have his career year with us.  And yes there are some draft busts as well.. But I'd rather gamble with developing a qb.

787441[/snapback]

I agree that, in general, you're better off drafting your QB than you are obtaining him through free agency. Too many players obtained via free agency are older, so there wouldn't be much chance for the QB to develop chemistry with his WRs before the time came to move on. But if you look at the relationship Montana had with Rice, or Aikman had with Irvin, or Kelly had with Reed (Jim Kelly with Andre Reed, not Kelly Holcomb with Josh Reed), you'll see the benefit of chemistry among the offensive skill position players. That benefit also exists among offensive linemen who have been together many years. Build a good offense through the draft, and keep it together as long as possible. That way you'll have chemistry, and a strong nucleus for a very long time. Then if the defense gets good too, your team will be able to do something.

Good defenses don't seem to stay good for as long a time, so I feel you'd be better off building the offense first, defense second. That way everything will hopefully come together at once to give you a few really special seasons.

Maybe I've missed something in football the last few years but.. it seems most successful teams drafted their quarterbacks.  Not all were necessarily super bowl winners but... of the great teams since maybe the early 90's.. Favre, Elway, Aikman, Kelly, Marino, Brady, hell the pats even went to the super bowl with Bledsoe.. and even today.. Peyton Manning.. Eli Manning is up and coming, Roethlesberger was drafted. Vick was drafted.  Mcnabb.  I can't think of a whole lot of free agent QB's that led their teams to much.

Actually 6 out of the last 10 Super Bowls were won by teams with a QB they did not draft. Look it up.

Actually 6 out of the last 10 Super Bowls were won by teams with a QB they did not draft.  Look it up.

787956[/snapback]

You're correct. However you need to consider Elway played for Broncos in his whole career and Favre only attempted 5 passes wearing Falcons uniform before he was traded to Packers after his rookie season. The point is developing young quarterbacks instead of signing expensive FA QBs.

Including Elway and Favre, it'll become that 7 out of last 10 Super Bowl champions developed their own franchise quarterbacks.

And Losman has very close performance to Drew Brees after 12 quality games.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=786442

787340[/snapback]

Depends on how you look at it. Both Brees and Losman started for the first time in the second year in the League.

In Losman's first nine games, he had *two* sub-100 yard passing days. Drew Brees had *zero* (although he came close once).

In Losman's first nine games, he had *three* sub-50% completion days. Drew Brees had *zero*.

Overall, Brees wasn't nearly as bad in his first nine games as Losman was....

JDG

Depends on how you look at it.  Both Brees and Losman started for the first time in the second year in the League. 

In Losman's first nine games, he had *two* sub-100 yard passing days.  Drew Brees had *zero* (although he came close once).

In Losman's first nine games, he had *three* sub-50% completion days.  Drew Brees had *zero*.

Overall, Brees wasn't nearly as bad in his first nine games as Losman was....

JDG

788139[/snapback]

Scottenheimer >>> Mularkey

People can criticize him if they want,  I do it every Sunday.

It's the people who hammer him on every little thing,  and refuse to give him any credit.

Was JP great Sunday?  Hell no.

Did his turnovers cost us the game?  They helped,  that's for sure.

Am I impressed that he's improved 10-fold since last season?  Hell yes.

Criticism is one thing,  being a moron who only dwells on the poor things,  without aknowledging any progress,  is ignorant.

Those are the people I target.

You a moron too?

787445[/snapback]

I'm not sure how you can blame JP for fumbling when we have people allowing blitzers to run free at him from his blindside multiple times per game?

While I wanted KH to start and think he gives us a better chance to win now, JP has been doing OK and is definitely improved.

Am I a losman hater?

I really really want losman to do well.

But yes, right now we'd be better off with drew brees.

As for the long term, we don't know yet.

We can discuss this issue til the cows come home

because its a good way to pass the time.

But the fact is no one will know until we see him play more games.

I don't understand why I have to be on either side of the fence.

I like Losman, but am I 100% sure that he is going to be our guy?

no.

We have seen guys get off to starts like this and some of them do really well and

some of them don't.

I think Losman has the potential, and I hope he works out.

Am I sure of that yet? No.

If that makes me a losman hate then so be it.