Stadium security

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am taking a Vikings fan to the game Sunday. I hope he won't be a target for drunken idiots.  ;)

787677[/snapback]

My godson is sixteen and a Vikings fan. I am taking him to his first game for his birthday and our seats are in section 219.

I am REALLY looking forward to it after reading this thread. ;)

42 years of going to games and never had a problem.

I saw a lot of OTHER people having problems...

My godson is sixteen and a Vikings fan. I am taking him to his first game for his birthday and our seats are in section 219.

I am REALLY looking forward to it after reading this thread.  ;)

787858[/snapback]

Are you going to kick his ass?

This thread is exactly the reason why I refuse to sit anywhere outside the club seating areas.  I might be able to afford just one game but at least I can enjoy it.

787818[/snapback]

Sorry Thurston but sitting in the clubs is not being AT the game but merely being in the vicinity of the game without the benefit of being in your living room and still having to deal with the traffic both ways. And economizing to be there is a faux pax; if you have to worry about how much they cost you shouldn't be buying them. It does keep my real seats priced lower so there is some benefit.

Next year stay home, buy an HD TV on the 5 year plan and watch the game at home. I'll sell you my ticket stub for $20 and for the same money you can still act cool like you really attended the game.

I am REALLY looking forward to it after reading this thread.  :D

787858[/snapback]

219? Don't worry Rock, Harv and Petrino will protect you...

:w00t:

Sorry Thurston but sitting in the clubs is not being AT the game but merely being in the vicinity of the game without the benefit of being in your living room and still having to deal with the traffic both ways.  And economizing to be there is a faux pax; if you have to worry about how much they cost you shouldn't be buying them.  It does keep my real seats priced lower so there is some benefit.

Next year stay home, buy an HD TV on the 5 year plan and watch the game at home.  I'll sell you my ticket stub for $20 and for the same money you can still act cool like you really attended the game.

787954[/snapback]

Oh give me a break. Just because I don't like excessively rowdy fans making total jackasses of themselves means I'm not a football fan? Would somebody who's flying out from Seattle in a month just to see the Bills play not qualify as a fan? Who died and made you commissioner of the NFL?

And while we're making assumptions about people, I think I can safely assume that if you think people who buy tickets to a football game shouldn't be concerned about their cost, then you must be up to your ears in debt.

I think the sad part about the whole thing is that I have to sit in the clubs to avoid the idiots making trouble. It should make the "fans" praising Marv about high character players look in the mirror.

I think the sad part about the whole thing is that I have to sit in the clubs to avoid the idiots making trouble.  It should make the "fans" praising Marv about high character players look in the mirror.

788643[/snapback]

I sit along the tunnel and avoid the idiocy for the most part

I eluded to this in an earlier post -- I sat in section 221 for the first time and it will be my last time.  I've never seen so much uncivilized behavior in my almost 20 years of going to games.

Just some of the highlights:  about 5 fights within 100 yards of me, food thrown all over fans below, the 3 couples directly in front of us were so drunk it wasn't even funny -- 2 of the women were  grinding the other 4 people, 1 of the women had a shirt that said "squeeze me" and she was letting the others in her group rub her ya yas with 4-5 kids right behind her, security hit me in the back of the head twice rushing down the aisle behind me to break up fights ....I've never heard so many fans call each other colorful things like c*** suc****, pu*****, ass*****, and just about everything else in the book - HUNDREDS OF TIMES....

I could go on and on, but I won't.  It was the worst game experience I've ever had and unless I sit in another section with more season ticket holders, I won't be back...

Ever....

786784[/snapback]

Since noone has asked yet.....was the ya ya woman hot or an ogre?

:D

She was ok, but trust me, even if she was HOT I would of thought it just simply wrong in such a public setting. 6-7 kids within 10 feet, older people next to me like in their 70's.

If this was almost any other type of setting I would be all for it :blink:

I sit in 314 and theres some old ladies sitting on one side of me. I hope I am not too rowdy. I might be a little bit cuz I'm young but I think they think it's funny. And I don't fight anyone.. We don't have much of a problem there cuz it's all season ticket holders I think. However, I do always watch the swarms of security guards kick people out. Especially in the end zones. I will say the Ralph is way rowdier than the Patriots and the Panthers stadiums.. (Only two other places I've been). I went to the season opener in New England this yr and my friend and I made sure everyone in the section knew we were bills fans and we made sure they knew the score until the very end. No one gave us much of a problem. If I was a visiting fan at RWS I probably would not have been nearly as rowdy. It's definitely more subdued at both of those stadiums.

I will say the Ralph is way rowdier than the Patriots and the Panthers stadiums.. (Only two other places I've been).  I went to the season opener in New England this yr and my friend and I made sure everyone in the section knew we were bills fans and we made sure they knew the score until the very end.  No one gave us much of a problem.  If I was a visiting fan at RWS I probably would not have been nearly as rowdy.  It's definitely more subdued at both of those stadiums.

789395[/snapback]

The season ticket holders in those stadiums are corporate types having to shell out 60 to 75 dollars per ticket.....Those guys are not going to be loud and boorish....Ralph needs to raise his ticket prices :doh:

Not so.  Vomiting on, fighting with, and cursing out your neighbors, your fellow Bills fans, is not football.  It's hooliganism, it's stupid, and it's uncalled for, and it has no place at RWS or any stadium for that matter.

People who want to ruin a good time, for those who paid good money, should be shipped off to some frat bar where they can hang out with and beat on all the fellow a--holes they like.

Let people who want to watch football enjoy it.

786811[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent.

I know I say this a lot, but so many here love to piss on Eagles fans and the way they act at games (and rightfully so) but I am sorry to say if you really look at how Bills fans behave at games now a days, they are reaching that dubious level.