Argh. Damn Patriot fans...

Kiwi Bills fan

Argh,

Here I am, living on the other side of the world from the US, on an island in the South Pacific.

This is a land of Rubgy, where american football is called, "Gridiron" and is shown at 5:00 am on Monday mornings. No one knows the rules or even any of the teams in the NFL.

Anyway, I was just told that my employer, Nelson City Council, just hired another american last week.

I thought I'd go downstairs this morning and introduce myself to the new guy and see if he needs any help settling in.

What do I see on his desk???

A F'ing New England Patriots coffee mug!

:D

It amazing where all these Pats fans came from.  Prior to their first SB win, I never met a Patsy fan, and I live in Connecticut.

786685[/snapback]

You could run an entire Chinese factory just to meet the demand for the bandwagon asshats from CT buying Pats stuff. It's almost as bad as the UCONN bandwagon -- but at least that is our state!

And you'll notice of course that you will never....EVER....see old style Pats gear in our fair weather state.

You could run an entire Chinese factory just to meet the demand for the bandwagon asshats from CT buying Pats stuff.  It's almost as bad as the UCONN bandwagon -- but at least that is our state!

And you'll notice of course that you will never....EVER....see old style Pats gear in our fair weather state.

786691[/snapback]

And the old style gear was the good stuff.

True that on the UCONN stuff - I got sucked into it in 1990 and developed a lifelong hatred for Duke in the process.

You could run an entire Chinese factory just to meet the demand for the bandwagon asshats from CT buying Pats stuff.  It's almost as bad as the UCONN bandwagon -- but at least that is our state!

786691[/snapback]

I have.

And ditto on the UConn stuff (especially Starter jackets, usually soiled). It kind of cheapens it for those us us who actually went to the U.

Argh,

Here I am, living on the other side of the world from the US, on an island in the South Pacific.

This is a land of Rubgy, where american football is called, "Gridiron" and is shown at 5:00 am on Monday mornings.  No one knows the rules or even any of the teams in the NFL.

Anyway, I was just told that my employer, Nelson City Council, just hired another american last week.

I thought I'd go downstairs this morning and introduce myself to the new guy and see if he needs any help settling in.

What do I see on his desk???

A F'ing New England Patriots coffee mug!

:D

786527[/snapback]

Think of the positives. You'll onyl have to put up with his crap for about a year or so. Then you'll be working with a giants fan.