Those 3 turnovers are a weak excuse for this lost

bluv

The only one that really hurt was the fumble that caused the TD. The other ones didn't lead to points for the Jets. While the other two may have caused us a FG, I group that with all the missed 4th down conversions that lead to no points that weren't ended by turning the ball over. When you look at it there is no excuse to lose that game; especially by blaming it on turnovers. I can see if all the turnovers led to points or were commited in the red zone. To me it is a bail out by the coaches to lay the blame on. There is no way a team running and passing the ball the way we were with a good proven backup RB and interchangeable WR's to lose a game where the D clearly can't stop us. Frankly, it was just poor execution and coaching at key critical moments. If this game was called properly, the Jets should have had few opportunities to touch the ball and when they did it should have been Chad with his weak arm trying to bring the Jets back down at least 17-0. This team also needs to work on the little things such as short yardage offense and defense as we have been hurt in all games in key situations by poor execution or playcalling in plays of 3 yards or less.

The only one that really hurt was the fumble that caused the TD. The other ones didn't lead to points for the Jets. While the other two may have caused us a FG, I group that with all the missed 4th down conversions that lead to no points that weren't ended by turning the ball over. When you look at it there is no excuse to lose that game; especially by blaming it on turnovers. I can see if all the turnovers led to points or were commited in the red zone. To me it is a bail out by the coaches to lay the blame on. There is no way a team running and passing the ball the way we were with a good proven backup RB and interchangeable WR's to lose a game where the D clearly can't stop us. Frankly, it was just poor execution and coaching at key critical moments. If this game was called properly, the Jets should have had few opportunities to touch the ball and when they did it should have been Chad with his weak arm trying to bring the Jets back down at least 17-0. This team also needs to work on the little things such as short yardage offense and defense as we have been hurt in all games in key situations by poor execution or playcalling in plays of 3 yards or less.

785437[/snapback]

The turnovers cost them 10 points.

How much did they lose by?

Ok so the defense was stout for most of the game....except at the end of the first half and when the Bills needed them most at the end.....lack of playmakers on D hurt the team today. For 80% of the game the D looked strong, but not when it mattered most.

The turnovers cost them 10 points.

How much did they lose by?

785534[/snapback]

My point is that it shouldn't have been that close. If we managed the game better, and involved the backs and TE's more with the running game and big plays from our WR's this game shouldn't have been close at all that those turnovers would have determined the outcome. It is not like Suuper Bowl 28 against the 'Girls where we had 8 turnovers; most in the redzone and a few returned for TD's. It should have been like the Giants-Seahwaks game yesterday where we are up 42-3 and the Jets get a few scores late and JP throws a pick for a TD like Hasselback did to make the score look close but it wouldn't matter as we would still have the W and then the issue would be how did we almost let a win slip away versus how did we find a way to lose this game!

My point is that it shouldn't have been that close.

785589[/snapback]

Based on what? The Jet's four point lead at the half was due to the first turnover.

The second uped the score to 21-10. The third killed a drive that ate a lot of time off the clock. Basically, that's your ballgame.

I think JP's pick was arguably the fatal blow. We were driving down the field like mad men and a TD or even a FG would have been huge. He through an ill-advised pass into double coverage that was picked off. It was killer.

785554[/snapback]

Good QBs often throw into double coverage with success. I don't fault JP for that. The problem was that he was off ballance when he made the throw. In his own words he felt pressure at the las moment and threw off his back foot. That led to a wobbly pass that could not cut through the windy conditions. JP needs to develop a little more anticipation to know when the pressure is coming and to make adjustments before the last second.

Based on what?  The Jet's four point lead at the half was due to the first turnover.

The second uped the score to 21-10.  The third killed a drive that ate a lot of time off the clock.  Basically, that's your ballgame.

785607[/snapback]

If the Bills had finished the other drives in the 1st quarter MINUS the one in which JP fumbled we would have been up 21-0 or at least 13-0. In the 2nd half if we punch it in from the one that is another TD. Then the turnovers wouldn't matter as it would be a totally different game as then WM probably would have got 200 yards or A Train about 75 to 100 eating up the clock while Pennington weak @$$ arm is fighting that wind trying to comeback. So to totally blame the lost on those 3 turnovers is a cop out; while they do matter it is not the main reason we lost yesterday as it was poor execution.

Ok so the defense was stout for most of the game....except at the end of the first half and when the Bills needed them most at the end.....lack of playmakers on D hurt the team today.  For 80% of the game the D looked strong, but not when it mattered most.

785538[/snapback]

And it is not even that the Defense was on the field for a long time...We controlled

the game clock something like 36 to 24 minutes in our favor. The defense

really messed when they didn't stop Chad on that last TD drive.

If the Bills had finished the other drives in the 1st quarter MINUS the one in which JP fumbled we would have been up 21-0 or at least 13-0. In the 2nd half if we punch it in from the one that is another TD. Then the turnovers wouldn't matter as it would be a totally different game as then WM probably would have got 200 yards or A Train about 75 to 100 eating up the clock while Pennington weak @$$ arm is fighting that wind trying to comeback. So to totally blame the lost on those 3 turnovers is a cop out; while they do matter it is not the main reason we lost yesterday as it was poor execution.

786032[/snapback]

We lost the game because we are still young and immature. We make mistakes. JP only has 10 starts under him and doesn't make the best decisions (for one thing, he forgot how to run for some reason). The biggest mistake in the game besides the fumble, was the third and one bootleg where he was sacked unimpeded. That was the O-line's fault. The Bills didn't make the plays, the Jets did. Bottomline. Wasn't their day. They will lose more like this, this year. But they will win their share of games as well. Enjoy the progress. JP needs games like this to learn and get better. He has lots of talent. Pennington is much more polished at this point and that was the difference.

You usually don't win by turning the ball over three times - espeically when one of those directly leads to seven points for the other team.

Or does that need to be said?

785566[/snapback]

you could add the 2 failed 4th down plays on which the Bills lost possession.

785437[/snapback]

Poor pass coverage on short routes. Weak rush. Multiple little stupid mistakes by JP and others on Offense--for example--last drive--the second 5 yard pass in a row that JP throws 5 feet too high when he had zero pressure on him=mistake #1..then to compound it the receiver catches the pass when he knew he was gonna be clobbered INBOUNDS..wasting precious time and a timeout. I can name SO many little things like that.This is not a very smart football team yet except on special teams.--although Whitner is a natural and is playing very well.

I think JP's pick was arguably the fatal blow. We were driving down the field like mad men and a TD or even a FG would have been huge. He through an ill-advised pass into double coverage that was picked off. It was killer.

785554[/snapback]

It wasn't an ill-advised pass. It simply wasn't a tight enough spiral. The wind took it (it basically turned right in the air) and that made it look like double coverage because the ball moved toward the safety.

He had one-on-one with his best receiver. Had he thrown a tighter pass, it had every chance of being a big play.

Poor pass coverage on short routes. Weak rush. Multiple little stupid mistakes by JP and others on Offense--for example--last drive--the second 5 yard pass in a row that JP throws 5 feet too high when he had zero pressure on him=mistake #1..then to compound it the receiver catches the pass when he knew he was gonna be clobbered INBOUNDS..wasting precious time and a timeout. I can name SO many little things like that.This is not a very smart football team yet except on special teams.--although Whitner is a natural and is playing very well.

786370[/snapback]

My point is all these little things you mentioned plus those I mentioned earlierwere much more of a factor than those turnovers. If %70 of those mistakes were eliminated we win that game hands down even with the turnovers.

My point is all these little things you mentioned plus those I mentioned earlierwere much more of a factor than those turnovers. If %70 of those mistakes were eliminated we win that game hands down even with the turnovers.

786389[/snapback]

Only if we could've converted the 4th downs, as those were the killers in my opinion. Those were drives we should have gotten points on.