Who on this franchise would do this?

RuntheDamnBall

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a question. I'm not condoning this behavior at all, but why wasnt this brought up when the comment was (supposedly) made after the jets game last year? If something hurts that bad, you are gonna say something right away. Why wait 9+ months to start talking about it again.

Perhaps it could be something to try and fire up the jets for the game thsi week?

just a question. I'm not condoning this behavior at all, but why wasnt this brought up when the comment was (supposedly) made after the jets game last year? If something hurts that bad, you are gonna say something right away. Why wait 9+ months to start talking about it again.

Perhaps it could be something to try and fire up the jets for the game thsi week?

781849[/snapback]

Agree. There this whole thing sounds too fishy.

Could it have happened? Absolutley.

Will we ever know? Nope. So what's the point in worrying about it as fans?

I know how I would have said it:

"Hey LaVerne. I was just thinking about that game, 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon'. See, I play on the Bills. The Bills just played the Jets. You, LaVerne Coles... what's that? Oh sorry, LaVerneus, play for the Jets. You were molested as a child. Kevin Bacon was in a movie about child molestation, "Sleepers". That makes me 3 degrees from Kevin Bacon. Pretty cool, huh? Hey wait, where you going?"

Oh, like he was the only Laveranues ever to be molested. Yeah, right.

781871[/snapback]

Why is everyone so molesterophobic? Everyone knows molesters are born that way. I mean common man, would anyone really choose to do that? If one of the Bills brought it up I guess it could be construed as being politically incorrect, but nothing to get that upset about. We should try and be more tolerant...

That any player would say anything derogatory to Coles is sickening and sure speaks to that players character.

It takes an incredible amount of courage for any person to overcome the shame, guilt and humiliation of being sexually abused much less such a high profile person in a such a macho profession.

Boys are actually sexually abused more than girls- and for a high profile, tough NFL player to share their story in such a heartfelt way....I'm sure it's opened the door for a number of boys to share their story with others and hopefully move toward the lifelong path of healing.

Coles is a real life role model and hero!!!!

Well the article doesnt say anything about what may have provoked this comment. Coles may have been an !@#$ himself. I really doubt someone would go out of there way to say "hey your daddy use to fondle your nuts" if Coles hadnt had sad something to piss him off in the first place.

Well the article doesnt say anything about what may have provoked this comment. Coles may have been an !@#$ himself. I really doubt someone would go out of there way to say "hey your daddy use to fondle your nuts" if Coles hadnt had sad something to piss him off in the first place.

782391[/snapback]

:doh:

I wouldn't be surprise if it was Liam Ezekiel.  I mean, the guy destroyed his kicker for missing a FG.  He seems like the kinda guy who would do something like that.

781846[/snapback]

That would be my bet, especially if Marv and Dick are trying to KEEP high character guys, the ones without it should've been cut by now. In a perfect world :doh:

But honestly I think it was Ezekiel

(although no one chooses to be homosexual either).

781792[/snapback]

Let me be the first to say, that this is one of the most idiotic lines of bull that I have ever read or heard. We are all responsible for choosing our sexual behavior, even if we have certain tendencies. I am certain I was born with the desire to have sex with multiple women, and it still resides in me. I have chosen to commit myself to a monogamous union with my wife. I was born one way, and chose a higher road. I also know several people who chose to live "in the life" for a short period of time and then reversed the course.

Sorry for the brief hijack, I just couldn't let it go by. If you are looking for my "I was just grumpy" apology, don't hold your breath!

If this story were substantiated, the player should be dealt with. Name the name, or don't write the story.

Let me be the first to say, that this is one of the most idiotic lines of bull that I have ever read or heard.  We are all responsible for choosing our sexual behavior, even if we have certain tendencies.  I am certain I was born with the desire to have sex with multiple women, and it still resides in me.  I have chosen to commit myself to a monogamous union with my wife.  I was born one way, and chose a higher road.  I also know several people who chose to live "in the life" for a short period of time and then reversed the course.

Sorry for the brief hijack, I just couldn't let it go by.  If you are looking for my "I was just grumpy" apology, don't hold your breath!

I don't want an apology; your ignorance speaks for itself. And while people can make a choice to do something against their nature because of some personal gain they'll receive, it doesn't mean that intrinsically being homosexual IS a choice.

I don't want an apology; your ignorance speaks for itself.  And while people can make a choice to do something against their nature because of some personal gain they'll receive, it doesn't mean that intrinsically being homosexual IS a choice.

782472[/snapback]

The quote was "no one chooses to be homosexual", and that is simply not true, as most statements that begin with "no one" or "everyone" are not true. I appreciate your tolerance of my opinion.

The quote was "no one chooses to be homosexual", and that is simply not true, as most statements that begin with "no one" or "everyone" are not true.  I appreciate your tolerance of my opinion.

There's a difference between "choosing to be homosexual" and "choosing to engage in homosexual activities." Obviously that's what tripped you up.

There's a difference between "choosing to be homosexual" and "choosing to engage in homosexual activities."  Obviously that's what tripped you up.

782488[/snapback]

That's right....I think Buffal0 Bill5 needs to look up the definition of certain words(in this case homosexual) before calling others idiots. :doh: