How do you think Miami feels right now?

H2o

Yeah, my continual insistence on bringing facts into the discussion is definitely all about balls.

Squawk.....tapr wanna cracker.....squawk.....

778482[/snapback]

You want to keep being a dumb sh-- "SQUAWK" (look, I said it louder! :doh: ) go right ahead.

The fact the people are spending a whole afternoon arguing about something I doubt they really care about anymore and has zero impact on the bills (outside of two games a year) is nothing more then a game of I'm smarter then you are (see squawk.)

Does anyone here honestly care about Mularkey this much? Especially with the actual season going on and defeating a divisional opponent with another one next week? How about some more analysis of our current head coach and offensive coordinator, you know the ones that actually matter?

The only thing we should really care about is he quit on the team. Whether or not we can thank him for that or be angry about it will never be answered, unless of course Jauron is the next Belichick.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to sqwuaking. :lol::lol:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone here honestly care about Mularkey this much?

Apparently they do because it seems as if the majority of threads on this board have at least one Meathead reference in them.

Do you really care about him or are you just still stalking me because you believe it pleases your masters? Keep it up and maybe they'll treat you with the praise that you so desperately crave.

tapr wanna cracker?

Apparently they do because it seems as if the majority of threads on this board have at least one Meathead reference in them.

Do you really care about him or are you just still stalking me because you believe it pleases your masters? Keep it up and maybe they'll treat you with the praise that you so desperately crave.

tapr wanna cracker?

778567[/snapback]

I dunno Simon maybe I was wrong. Many of the fact-free opinions offered in the attacks on "Meathead" are not simply facile, but in fact they actually are embarrassing to see them coming from fellow Bills fans.

I think all this infantile bashing of Mularkey is ill-informed and embarassing.

The problem with the phish offense isn't Mularkey; anybody who's been paying a modicum of attention to miami realizes that the problem with the phish offense is the same problem as it's been for years now. Their offensive line is absolutely putrid and will be the primary reason they're no better than .500.

There's not an offensive co-ordinator on this planet that could be succesful with garbage like LJ Shelton, Bennie Anderson and Jeno James. But y'all feel free to continue making yourself look like mindless parrots.

778056[/snapback]

Very good post but why did Mularkey stop running the ball after the first half? It was the only aspect of the offense that was successful.

Is this the first thread you have replied in about a week and a half that you haven't replied with something dirogetory about the Dolphins? i.e. "DIIIIIE Dolphins Die" or "!@#$ the Dolphins"

778426[/snapback]

This was your first "Miami Week" on the board, wasn't it? Joe was just doing what needed to be done. :blush:

I'll post this here as it really belongs in this thread, not another and we should move the convo out of that thread. It was in response to a post by Simon about Mularkey not moving away from the run in Pittsburgh.

Ok, just for the hell of it. I think think is stupid, but you called me out so I'll respond. Lets look at the stats.

Rushing

2001 - 2746 yards

2002 - 2116 yards

2003 - 1495 yards

Looks like a steady decline there. He may started out "smashmouth" but that sure didn't last long.

Lets look at passing those years

2001 - 3295 yards

2002 - 4036 yards (with Maddox and Stewart? impossible!)

2003 - 2548 yards.

Ok, I'll give you the fact that 2003 sucked overall, which happens to be when people claim the Steelers wanted Mularkey out. But how in the world could Maddox and Stewart pass for 4036 (when we all know big ben is god). So rushing dropped 630 yards from 01-02 while passing increased 741.

Now lets look at attempts.

Rushing

2001 - 580

2002 - 512

2003 - 446

Passing

2001 - 454

2002 - 551

2003 - 532

Wow, looks like rushing steadily decreased and passing steadily increased. Couldn't be. In 2001 rush attempts outnumbered passing by 126. 2003, passing outnumbered rushing by 86. Amazing.

Lets look at post Mularkey when Big Ben the god came to be.

2004- Rushing - 2467 yards;618 attempts -- Passing - 2970 yards; 340 attempts.

You mean to say Big Ben the god and savior only threw 2970 yards compared to Stewart and Maddox's 4036? Blashpmy. Why could that be? Could it be because Mularkey ran 39 more passing attempts then rushing with inferior QB's compared with 278 more rushing attempts then passing with the savior big ben?

2005- Rushing - 2223 yards; 536 attempts -- Passing 3104 yards; 371 attempts

The Superbowl team behind big ben (the savior) had 180 fewer pass attempts then with the inferior Stewart/Maddox? Inconcevable.

Must be because the defense totally sucked right? They were always playing from behind so they had to be pass happy correct? Wait, this can't be, the Steelers ranked 7 and 9 overall in defense in 02 and 03? That's obviously a far cry from the #4 ranking last year when rushing heavily outweighed the passing.

Your probably right, Mularkey wasn't pass happy. Don't let my "squawking" get in the way of your "facts."

Very good post but why did Mularkey stop running the ball after the first half? It was the only aspect of the offense that was successful.

They didn't abandoned the run until the 4th qrtr when they were down 16-0. In fact in thier last possession of the 3rd qrtr they didn't throw the ball a single time even though they were down 13-0.

I'll post this here as it really belongs in this thread, not another and we should move the convo out of that thread. It was in response to a post by Simon about Mularkey not moving away from the run in Pittsburgh.

So in 2001 and 2002 the Stillers were in the Top10 in the NFL in rushing attemtps. And in 2003 when their OLine fell apart and they couldn't get anywhere on the ground (they averaged a woeful 3.3yrds/carry, did you wnat him to keep banging his head against a brick wall?) they still only finished in the middle of the pack in passing attempts. But you want me to express surprise that the Stillers allowed a 10year vet to throw the ball more than they did a rookie from the MAC? And you want me to say that the Stillers offense was "pass happy" even though in his 3 years there Mularkey's offenses averaged more rushing attempts than probably 85% of the NFL.

Sorry but that's not my definition of a pass happy offense that relied on trickery.

However you should be congratulated for your first ever post to me that was actually about football. You've come a long way, baby.

tapr wanna cracker?

778567[/snapback]

The squwaking and parroting quotes are ingenius additions to conversation, innovative and constructive methods popularized by intellectual icons such as RJOSEPH and Ladarius.

Fact is, you like Mularkey, I can't stand the guy, two opinions neither more correct. You say he didn't abandon the run, I say Brown had 2 carries in the second half. You say he was tops in the league back in 2002, I say he doesn't use his personnel correctly and puts his team in tough positions. Either way, I'm glad he's in Miami and nothing will change that.

By George, you've finally captured the essence of the man we affectionately dub Meathead.  No fortitude.  No sticking with a gameplan.  No adjustments.  Just panic when everything doesn't work perfectly.

778242[/snapback]

This is a good "analysis" of what the previous very literate opinion of pyrite gal tried to say in 2000 words or less.

Yesterday was a prime example of why I was doing cartwheels when he resigned. He has got to be the most over-hyped offensive co-ordinator I've ever heard of next to Norv Turner. I think him and Norv are side-by-side for "who's the most overrated" offensive mind.

777837[/snapback]

Norv has how many Super Bowl rings? He is one of the better offensive co-ordinators in the league, he just happens to be a horrible head coach. Look at what he is doing with San Fran already, they look like a completely different team this year

Alright. I apologize to Norv Turner for putting him at the same level as Mularky. San Francisco is looking a million times better this year. But I stand by my words saying that Mularky is one of the most over-rated "offensive minds" of all time.

About the rings that Norv has, how many has he gotten since the years of the Cowboys. Let's face it, the Dallas teams of the early to mid 90's were some of the greatest teams ever assembled in this league. Just about everybody on their team went to the Pro Bowl during those years and deserved it. From top to bottom, those teams did what they were supposed to do. Win and win alot. I mean c'mon now, they won with Barry Switzer as their coach.