Which team in our division do the Buffalo

Tipster19

I've been a fan since day one.  At first the hated rivals were the Boston Patriots, because they were our most serious competition (Babe Parelli, Nick Buonoconti and many other great players.  Actually it was hard to hate Miami when they first came into the league as they were so bad and so far away. (John Stofa of the University of Buffalo was one of their first quarterbacks.) The Patriots were hated and respected.  Over the years its been Miami.  the Marino/Kelly comparisons, and the fact that for years we couldn't beat them and then for years they couldn't beat us. I hate Miami and the Patriots.

774072[/snapback]

Boston sure had some good clubs back then. I'll add WR/PK Gino Capelliti, DL Houston Antwine and RB Jim Nance to your names.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the Pats...including the organization, the players, the coach, the "fans", the stadium, the parking lots, the idiotic "Yankees suck" chants at the games, and the stupid Brady jersey that the MSPCA sells for dogs. To live in NE is to hate everything Patriots, and to not be ashamed to admit that you wanted Bruschi to drop freaking dead right on the damn fifty yard line.

die dan die ......................laces out!!......i will always hate the fish 1st.no reasons neccesary....they are the dolphins you know the team that you see with their fans all over the place and media darlings but yet they dont always sell out playoff games...i also got tired of all those games on tv when all they were talking about was dan marino and jim kelly and those 90's teams basically beat the hell out of dan consistently........

State your reason.

773809[/snapback]

The Dolphins. No reason should be needed but it goes back to the Shula years and 0-for-the-70's. My disdain for that team has never subsided. Marino, Duper and Clayton, Cox, and Louis Oliver only added to it.

2nd is the Patsies. II just can't help but wonder how they get so much good fortune. I have never seen one team get so many calls in their favor. Think about "just give it to them", the dead man fumble recovery, the "tuck rule", holding Marshall Faulk and company on just about every play in the Super Bowl and still getting away with it, Marcia Brady, Teddy Bruschi, and those obnoxiuos fans with those obnoxius accent.

I'll say this, I personally hate the Jets, cause there's nothing I hate more that Fire-fat-ass Ed, and that stupid cheer. So he can spell! That's supposed to strike fear in me?

As for Buffalo, Yes, that's my top rivalry, but not a hate. I always hated Buffalo growing up, but man, those Marino-Kelly years were amazing. Miami and Buffalo were the top two teams in the AFC year in, year out. But because they had to play each other so much, they usually didnt make the AFC Championship together (Ok, I'll be honest, Since Buffalo owned Miami in those years, Miami never made it that far).

But that's not a hate reason. In fact, thinking back on it, it's a respect rivalry. I hate the Jets, and if you must know, I hate the U. (U of Miami).

Easy.  Dolphins.  If you have been a Bills fan for any period of time, no explanation is needed.

773815[/snapback]

I'm going with the Patriots here because of the liklihood that national pundits will add insult to injury much like they did last week.

Could somebody please give me a reason to hate the Dolphins because frankly, as a Bills Fan still basking in the throws of youth, I really don't have all that big of a problem with Miami. Although I will agree that the Dolphin on the helmet is in fact quite "faggy."-I expect it will be updated within two years tops.

But, man do I hate them Patriots. I just don't feel the same kind of hatred for Miami. What's wrong with me? And don't say being 22 is my problem, I love the Bills just as much as you--I just haven't suffered AS long.

State your reason.

773809[/snapback]

It used to be Miami, easily. Until Wannstedt took over really. That has gradually changed, the buildup of anger against the Patriots really began with how competitively they played the Bills during the early to mid 1990's when they were otherwise pathetic. Then they got Parcells, who Bills fans HAD to hate. Then their fans actually began to come to Rich Stadium and be a-holes. "Just give it to them" really made it a hate issue. Then came Belichick, who Bills fans HAD to hate. Then came a bunch of ugly, embarrassing losses. Yeah, I hate Miami, but the hate for the Pats is a bit more acute right now.

It used to be Miami, easily.  Until Wannstedt took over really.  That has gradually changed, the buildup of anger against the Patriots really began with how competitively they played the Bills during the early to mid 1990's when they were otherwise pathetic.  Then they got Parcells, who Bills fans HAD to hate.  Then their fans actually began to come to Rich Stadium and be a-holes.  "Just give it to them" really made it a hate issue.  Then came Belichick, who Bills fans HAD to hate.  Then came a bunch of ugly, embarrassing losses.  Yeah, I hate Miami, but the hate for the Pats is a bit more acute right now.

774653[/snapback]

That's really true. Excellent explanation IMO. I think I hate the Pats more now because I hate their fans as much as their coach and some players.

It's got to be Miami by a landslide. If I were to ever to move on from my disdain of Miami, that Brian Cox and Louis Oliver just made it impossible. I'll never forget seeing that idiot Oliver in a filmclip after they beat us in Buffalo saying that "He was gonna ride that Buffalo all the way back to Miami" or some crap like that.

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed hearing through the years all the former Dolphin players saying how bad they were tortured when they would play in Buffalo. It sure would irk me if that baby Mularkey has anything to do in beating us. On the other hand, if things blow up in his face come Sunday, I will pay for a picture of that wimp cowering on the sidelines.

PS- Wasn't it glorious when NT Jeff Wright would sack Marino almost on a regular basis? Ahh, those were the days!

Miami hands down.

Coming from the other side of the world, my reasons for team hatred are based more upon the media rather than history or 1st hand experience.

The Jets have always (from my perspective) been portrayed as the 'little brothers' to the Giants....underdogs if you will. I have always found it hard to despise a team that generally gets little kudos from around the league.

Similar with the Pats. Up until 5 years ago, they were perennial doormats that had never really been worth hating. Obviously with their recent success & the trappings that follow(media darlings, getting star treatment by the refs etc) I am developing quite an antipathy for them.

Miami however.....I HATE! Year after year of Buffalo outperforming them & they were the team expected to get to the superbowl....they were the team with all the talent....they were the team that the refs always seemed to favour. Even when they were obviously(to all but media analysts) shiit they were treated as contenders. They do it every year....Miami this, Dolphins that....Shula is great.....Johnson is great.....Wannstedt is great.....Saban is great...it drives me nuts!!! You'd think Chambers was a probowl WR from his rookie year the way the media go on about it. Culpepper!!! SHIIT!!! Yes, he might become awesome for them but for virtually every media outlet to automatically assume that he will be a probowler again.....IT DRIVES ME MENTAL!!!! In some ways I want us to win more to stick it up the media rather than to stick it up the Dolphins.....And those wooly woofter colours & helmets. "Oooh, I'm really scared....it's a dolphin." What moron chooses a dolphin as a logo?....and pastel colours? It brings the image of the whole game down.

DIE MIAMI DIE!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!

It used to be Miami, easily.  Until Wannstedt took over really.  That has gradually changed, the buildup of anger against the Patriots really began with how competitively they played the Bills during the early to mid 1990's when they were otherwise pathetic.  Then they got Parcells, who Bills fans HAD to hate.  Then their fans actually began to come to Rich Stadium and be a-holes.  "Just give it to them" really made it a hate issue.  Then came Belichick, who Bills fans HAD to hate.  Then came a bunch of ugly, embarrassing losses.  Yeah, I hate Miami, but the hate for the Pats is a bit more acute right now.

774653[/snapback]

Good call, "Just give it to them" is what started it with me.

It really looks like we could do a Gallop/CBS poll here, with hated team and your age and the results would be

Age - Hated Team

over 40 (+/-) - Miami

30-40 yr old - function of how strong your father brainwashed you towards Miami

under 30 - NE

not sure of your age - Jets

It really looks like we could do a Gallop/CBS poll here, with hated team and your age and the results would be

Age - Hated Team

over 40 (+/-) - Miami

under 30 - NE

774838[/snapback]

:pirate: tis true. I am 22 and the whole stigma of hating the felons isn't as strong as it used to be. Besides at college the dolphin fans are much more bearable than patriots trolls. I friggin loathe the patriots, their micromanagement ways, their robbing of other teams via trades and their bribing of officials. I seriously hate them with a passion, and i am typically a peaceful person (with exception to play grand theft auto)

Age - Hated Team

over 40 (+/-) - Miami

under 30 - NE

774838[/snapback]

That's about right!