Does anyone know where Drew Bledsoe Lives?

Actually, I didn't know that. When we renegotiated our big-armed QB's multi-million dollar contract last season, I assumed we'd be averaging more than 10 points per game. Otherwise, why keep Drew on? Why not sign a Dilfer for $1 mill and use the rest of Drew's contract money to beef up the OL interior?

The Bledsoe Apologists are right, though, in the sense that Drew is not to blame for any of our offensive problems. TD ultimately is to blame for attempting to run a conservative, mistake-free offense by diverting the financial resources needed for players who can block to an expensive QB who can't succeed if a single blocking assignment fails in any given play.

56005[/snapback]

I NEVER said Drew is not to blame for "any" of our offensive problems. You people love to twist words don't you. I said Drew is not to blame for this team being 0-3. The drop balls and the inability of Travis Henry to put one foot in front of the other is way ahead of Bledoe's drawbacks this season. Bledsoe has played more heady ball this season than bad ball. But for some reason people here close their eyes to things such as receivers dropping ball after ball. Evans looked like our veteren all-pro compared to Moulds and Reed. Bledsoe is down the list of problem Bills, he's not off the list.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not BAs verses SLs. It's smart football minded people verses morons. On the day after this team finally showed some big play offensive ability against the superbowl champions the sniper scope again turns to Bledsoe. Why? Because morons have every right to post their opinions just like the smart minded football people who know the real blame is the mental farts like Wire's and Henry's. I will not sit idely by as Bill's fans try to tear down a player that is actually playing well. Bledsoe's lack of mobility is WAY down the list of why this team is 0-3. I know that requires more thinking than Bledsoe sucks, but nobody said learning why teams lose games was easy.

55846[/snapback]

3rd dowqn efficiency 2-12

3rd down efficiency vs Oakland 1-16 (I could be wrong on this one, but it was bad)

We, this team, this group of professionals who make money I can only dream of go something like 3-28 in keeping a drive alive. The offensive leader of this group of professionals is making 8+million dollars to do better than a 10% conversion rate. Does all of the blame lay at his feet? NO, and NO ONE is saying that it is all Bledsoe. He takes the lions share though, that goes with the territory. Against Oakland he was throwing the ball into the turf. He did correct himself though. Yesterday his misses were sailing high. Hopefully one of these weeks he'll settle somewhere in the middle.

Is one offensive touchdown really big play offensive ability?

Kelso, I love your opinions and how you state them. When I say the same thing I get bombarded with insults and I dont know anything about football and worse. Go figure ? I'll let you respond to the Drew problem for me from now on.

56084[/snapback]

:) Yeah but I've been getting the same insults, unfortunately. Several PM's as well telling me that I not really a Bills fan and that I like watching our team fail.

Keep the faith, brother.

I NEVER said Drew is not to blame for "any" of our offensive problems. You people love to twist words don't you. I said Drew is not to blame for this team being 0-3. The drop balls and the inability of Travis Henry to put one foot in front of the other is way ahead of Bledoe's drawbacks this season. Bledsoe has played more heady ball this season than bad ball. But for some reason people here close their eyes to things such as receivers dropping ball after ball. Evans looked like our veteren all-pro compared to Moulds and Reed. Bledsoe is down the list of problem Bills, he's not off the list.

56109[/snapback]

I shouldn't have used the word "any" because of course there are many Bledsoe Apologists out there - including you yourself - who still believe Drew deserves some of the blame.

Regardless, we have big differences on how much blame Drew actually deserves, and I guess my 2 main arguments continue to be the historical evidence (listen to any Patriots fan since 1998) and the emphasis on the QB's importance to an entire 11-man offensive unit (listen to players who've played with HOF QB's). Oh yeah, and not to mention the offense's statistics for the past 17 games.

Guest Understaning Pats fan

Look Drew isn’t that, bad, but he needs to good of an Oline and his huge contract prohibits that from happening. Other than that hes great!

I shouldn't have used the word "any" because of course there are many Bledsoe Apologists out there  - including you yourself - who still believe Drew deserves some of the blame.

Regardless, we have big differences on how much blame Drew actually deserves, and I guess my 2 main arguments continue to be the historical evidence (listen to any Patriots fan since 1998) and the emphasis on the QB's importance to an entire 11-man offensive unit (listen to players who've played with HOF QB's). Oh yeah, and not to mention the offense's statistics for the past 17 games.

56171[/snapback]

That would be fine if he were not performing, however he is performing. Drew has had many many dropped balls and has still made enough plays for this team to win every game this year. I think he has exceeded my expectations which were pretty low from the outset. Sitting by and letting the "Bledsoe Sucks" propoganda machine take over without a fight is not my style. Especially seeing how many other players have sabotaged them during this 0-3 slide. Henry, Moulds and Reed have all played their positions worse than Bledsoe has played his. There's no excuse for dropping ball's or falling down. I still think this team is on the verge of what they produced when Bledsoe first got here. Thanks to finally getting a real threat in the name of Lee Evans.

Look Drew isn’t that, bad, but he needs to good of an Oline and his huge contract prohibits that from happening.  Other than that hes great!

56176[/snapback]

And that's the entire problem with the Bledsoe backers.

ANY prefessional level quarterback who is given 5 seconds will look GREAT.

The great ones are the ones that know how to improvise, or just get the job done no matter what. Even some of the time. If he doesnt have a SOLID 3.5 seconds, he looks absolutlty lost.

Did you see Brady stand in the Endzone for a solid 4 seconds, never once panicked, and completed a pass?

Drew would have crapped himself, fell over, gotten sacked, seen yellow, fumbled and thrown a pick all on the one play.

Drew has had many many dropped balls and has still made enough plays for this team to win every game this year.

56210[/snapback]

That is a highly debatable statement since we are still winless. HAS he made enough plays?

Listen, I completely understand where you're coming from. I really do. The blind Bledsoe bashing is certainly moronic and painful to read.

However, I don't think anyone on this message baord is moronic if they feel that Drew - despite his improved overall play this season from the end of last season - is still a problem spot for our team. Yes he's improved his game some, but he still has had his blatant Drew moments and the offense's stats for this season don't lie either (our overall point total, yards gained, red zone efficiency, 3rd down efficiency...all atrocious).

Let me ask you this: if there was any other QB on any other NFL team whose offense had been as unproductive as Drew's over a similar course of 27 previous games, would this QB still be starting? Are TD and the Bledsoe Apologists protecting Drew only because of the name and the huge investment we have in him (aside from the obvious fact that he's a Bills QB and we are naturally reluctant to criticize any of our own?)

You can count on one hand the number of QBs in the NFL that could thread the needle like he did on those tosses to Moulds and Evans. The announcers mentioned that if Moulds and Co. else had held onto the ball during the previous two games that Bledsoe would have a completion rate of 86%. Targeting Bledsoe for this teams 0-3 record is completely out of line for anyone who thinks they are intelligent when talking about football. GET OFF IT ALREADY, you people are looking real stupid and I'm not going to sit quietly and let the propaganda begin. This team's players have been taking turns losing these three games. Bledsoe is NOT one of these players and I will call out anyone who suggests otherwise. Do you guys even watch the f'n games? How is it Drew's fault Henry falls down???? How is it Drew's fault a linebacker blitzes completely unblocked up the middle of the line? How is it Drew's fault there are at least 3 drops a game?

55784[/snapback]

I think it would be wise for the Bledsoe Backers to pay very close attention to what happened in NE before, and after Drew was replaced. He was never 100% of the problem there, and he's not here. But the results were quite similar, and the Patsies got a boost no one ever could have imagined when DB got hurt...

I believe these situations are remakably similar. The Pats got a QB who remains effective for 4 straight Quarters, played with a fire in his belly, and avoided Sacks along with major negative Plays better than Bledsoe... And look what happened as a result. I'm not saying the same thing will happen in Buffalo, but maybe all we need is a little recent History lesson to realize Bledsoe could be hurting this Team in ways no one can see with the naked eye... B)

Mainly the Owner in Ralphie who hired and sticks with TD and then TD is who makes the most bad decisions the best decision getting Drew Bledsoe, TD is who hired Williams AND Mularkey and turned the Bills into the Steelers. In 02' everyone here thought Bledsoe was a god now he can't even get the right oppurtunities to throw the ball and he's the bad guy?

That would be fine if he were not performing, however he is performing. Drew has had many many dropped balls and has still made enough plays for this team to win every game this year. I think he has exceeded my expectations which were pretty low from the outset. Sitting by and letting the "Bledsoe Sucks" propoganda machine take over without a fight is not my style. Especially seeing how many other players have sabotaged them during this 0-3 slide. Henry, Moulds and Reed have all played their positions worse than Bledsoe has played his. There's no excuse for dropping ball's or falling down. I still think this team is on the verge of what they produced when Bledsoe first got here. Thanks to finally getting a real threat in the name of Lee Evans.

56210[/snapback]

The two leaders in dropped passes last year were Darryl Jackson and Koren Robinson yet Matt Hassleback still managed to throw for 26 TDs and have an 89 rating. Every QB has dropped passes. Some produce regardless, one other needs what ifs and could of, should of, would ofs.

That is a highly debatable statement since we are still winless. HAS he made enough plays?

Listen, I completely understand where you're coming from. I really do. The blind Bledsoe bashing is certainly moronic and painful to read.

However, I don't think anyone on this message baord is moronic if they feel that Drew - despite his improved overall play this season from the end of last season - is still a problem spot for our team. Yes he's improved his game some, but he still has had his blatant Drew moments and the offense's stats for this season don't lie either (our overall point total, yards gained, red zone efficiency, 3rd down efficiency...all atrocious).

Let me ask you this: if there was any other QB on any other NFL team whose offense had been as unproductive as Drew's over a similar course of 27 previous games, would this QB still be starting? Are TD and the Bledsoe Apologists protecting Drew only because of the name and the huge investment we have in him (aside from the obvious fact that he's a Bills QB and we are naturally reluctant to criticize any of our own?)

56242[/snapback]

I'm looking at 3 games not 27, and Drew has looked pretty good to me. We all know this is Drew's last horrah here (unless a turnaround of epic proportions occurs this season). JP loseman will be the QB here next season. I have no problem with that and look forward to the transition to a QB with athleticism and fire. In the mean time, why the constant bashing of a player here when there are certainly more worthy targets to take a swipe at. I don't get it at all.

The two leaders in dropped passes last year were Darryl Jackson and Koren Robinson yet Matt Hassleback still managed to throw for 26 TDs and have an 89 rating.  Every QB has dropped passes.  Some produce regardless, one other needs what ifs and could of, should of, would ofs.

56276[/snapback]

Come on man, the NFL doesn't keep a dropped pass stat. Nice try. :(

Where did you get that from? I want to see a link.

I'm looking at 3 games not 27, and Drew has looked pretty good to me. We all know this is Drew's last horrah here (unless a turnaround of epic proportions occurs this season). JP loseman will be the QB here next season. I have no problem with that and look forward to the transition to a QB with athleticism and fire. In the mean time, why the constant bashing of a player here when there are certainly more worthy targets to take a swipe at. I don't get it at all.

56306[/snapback]

You're right - he will be gone soon.

And there were others that didnt perform well. The truth of the matter is that Im just so fu-king frustrated I cant even stand it, and Im looking for the quick fix. I know Mattews probably isnt the answer, but i dont see how it could get any worse. And if it does? Well, put Bledsoe back in.

Im just sick and tired of being the losers in the league.

For once, it would be nice to turn on ESPN and have them mention the Bills without 5 seconds later showing Scott Norwood on the field and the entire team holding hands on the sidelines.

56242[/snapback]

I see your points about the limitations of Drew. You are correct, but let me ask you this......This season, how many posts do you have blasting Drew, and how many are bashing Henry? Again, Drew has limitations. OK? Henry is not only losing football games for the Bills, but he is making this team a laughing stock.

He runs wrong routes, drops passes, refuses to block, whines, and slides on his stupid ass on virtually all critical plays.

Again, how many times this season have you bashed Drew, while giving Henry, who is playing FAR worse, a comparitive free pass, and why?

Come on man, the NFL doesn't keep a dropped pass stat. Nice try.  :( 

Where did you get that from? I want to see a link.

56314[/snapback]

you truly are a jackass. Try google- lets see second hit-

SLIPPERY HANDS

Plaxico Burress has endured recent criticism for dropped passes, much of it deserving. But it turns out he isn't close to being the worst offender in the AFC. In fact, one of his Pro Bowl teammates is equally unreliable at snaring catchable balls.

The Web site sport.excite.com has compiled a list of NFL leaders in dropped passes. Burress has four and is tied for ninth in the conference with 10 players, including teammate Hines Ward.

Travis Taylor of the Baltimore Ravens leads the AFC with eight, and the Seattle Seahawks' Darrell Jackson leads the NFL with 12.

STATS, Inc., reports that the Steelers have 18 total drops, tied with the Atlanta Falcons for 10th in the league.