Does anyone know where Drew Bledsoe Lives?

New England didnt keep Brady and get rid of Drew because they wanted to give us the better QB ...

And like they said yesterday on NFL Countdown: The pats traded Drew to Buffalo, a divsion rival, because the want to play against him twice a year.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And here we go again! The Bledsoe Apologists are still alive and kicking, calling those that disagree "idiots" and "morons" and "marginal fans" and the like.

Do the Bledsoe Apologists really understand why most Bills fans at this point are blaming one player for the entire offense's ineptitude?

No, not because we have a personal vendetta against Drew, but because we have finally grasped all that the Patriots fans have been telling us about Drew since he was traded. The Patriots were similarly dismal on offense by the start of the 2001 season. EVERYONE on offense was screwing up, dropping ball, missing blocks, etc... And yet once Drew went down and Brady came in, everyone else on the team magically began "getting it."

So can one player really make an entire offensive unit that much better like that? Yes. The game has changed dramatically since the very early 90's. The NFL has become an even quicker game - on both the physical and mental levels. And now, more than ever, the one player on an offense who dictates where the ball goes on virtually 100% of the plays and has a significant role in a play's outcome for about 50% of those plays (passes) needs to be equally quicker. Behind an NFL center is no place to be for pocket passers lacking confidence in their abilities.

Nothing I've said here has been particularly new or insightful. But it needed to be said again, before stevestojan's thread turns into another hostile battleground between the Spiked Lemonades and the Bledsoe Apologists. I want to remind the BA's again why us SL's focus so much blame on Drew - because of the history lesson and not because of some fanatical hatred for some name player eating up a lot of salary cap space on an 0-3 team.

55812[/snapback]

Nice post. I saw one of the SL's get violent against one of the BA's in here yesterday

(not cool at all),

but most of the time the SL's are civil, just stating their opinions

while the BA's issue personal attacks against anyone who dares to bash their hero.

What a sad state of affairs. :)

And here we go again! The Bledsoe Apologists are still alive and kicking, calling those that disagree "idiots" and "morons" and "marginal fans" and the like.

Do the Bledsoe Apologists really understand why most Bills fans at this point are blaming one player for the entire offense's ineptitude?

No, not because we have a personal vendetta against Drew, but because we have finally grasped all that the Patriots fans have been telling us about Drew since he was traded. The Patriots were similarly dismal on offense by the start of the 2001 season. EVERYONE on offense was screwing up, dropping ball, missing blocks, etc... And yet once Drew went down and Brady came in, everyone else on the team magically began "getting it."

So can one player really make an entire offensive unit that much better like that? Yes. The game has changed dramatically since the very early 90's. The NFL has become an even quicker game - on both the physical and mental levels. And now, more than ever, the one player on an offense who dictates where the ball goes on virtually 100% of the plays and has a significant role in a play's outcome for about 50% of those plays (passes) needs to be equally quicker. Behind an NFL center is no place to be for pocket passers lacking confidence in their abilities.

Nothing I've said here has been particularly new or insightful. But it needed to be said again, before stevestojan's thread turns into another hostile battleground between the Spiked Lemonades and the Bledsoe Apologists. I want to remind the BA's again why us SL's focus so much blame on Drew - because of the history lesson and not because of some fanatical hatred for some name player eating up a lot of salary cap space on an 0-3 team.

55812[/snapback]

This is not BAs verses SLs. It's smart football minded people verses morons. On the day after this team finally showed some big play offensive ability against the superbowl champions the sniper scope again turns to Bledsoe. Why? Because morons have every right to post their opinions just like the smart minded football people who know the real blame is the mental farts like Wire's and Henry's. I will not sit idely by as Bill's fans try to tear down a player that is actually playing well. Bledsoe's lack of mobility is WAY down the list of why this team is 0-3. I know that requires more thinking than Bledsoe sucks, but nobody said learning why teams lose games was easy.

This is not BAs verses SLs. It's smart football minded people verses morons. On the day after this team finally showed some big play offensive ability against the superbowl champions the sniper scope again turns to Bledsoe. Why? Because morons have every right to post their opinions just like the smart minded football people who know the real blame is the mental farts like Wire's and Henry's. I will not sit idely by as Bill's fans try to tear down a player that is actually playing well. Bledsoe's lack of mobility is WAY down the list of why this team is 0-3. I know that requires more thinking than Bledsoe sucks, but nobody said learning why teams lose games was easy.

55846[/snapback]

So, to sum up - people who don't agree with you:

1) are Morons

2) Don't know football.

I'll keep that in mind.

55846[/snapback]

Thank you for making my point. If anyone here thinks Bledsoe is a problem with this team, then according to you they are a "moron."

"Big play offensive ability?" Sure, for a whopping 10 offensive points yesterday!

Are Henry and Wire big problems as well? Absolutely! But we all know Wire will sit as soon as Milloy gets healthy in the next 2 weeks. And no one is arguing that Henry isn't a liability. Henry's replacement is McGahee as soon as Willis gets back to 100% (assuming he does ever fully recover).

But the difference between guys like you and guys like me is that guys like you want to delay Bledsoe's heir - Losman - for as long as possible. Guys like you see Drew's improvements this season and believe he's a changed man who can take us to the playoffs next year or even this year; guys like me haven't seen enough improvement from Drew and still see many instances of his old bad habits.

By the way, Bledsoe's lack of mobility isn't the only problem. After all, Peyton Manning is immobile as well. But Peyton compensates with an uncanny ability to make the slightest steps within the backfield to evade horribly negative plays. Bledsoe, despite how hard he's been trying to get rid of the ball quicker, still reverts back to his old familiar ways - killing drives with mistakes at the worst time.

Things need to go perfectly well for Drew to succeed - no missed blocks, 5+ seconds of no pass rush, etc... so I ask you, a self-proclaimed "smart minded football fan," is it realistic to expect all (or hell, any?) football plays on offense to go as smoothly as they were designed?

In your opinion.  :)

55882[/snapback]

Look...I'm looking forward to turning to the Loseman, McGahee, Evans chapter as much as anyone else here. But I can't accept people blaming Bledsoe for these loses. That should go to the boneheaded players making boneheaded plays in the forth quarter of these games. We all knew this team was going to play causiouly, keep it close, and win it in the end. But the reason we're not winning them in the end is because we have players here that have their heads UP their ends.

55846[/snapback]

We will see how great he is when Buffalo funally cuts him loose and another

team picks him up. Someone probably will as a backup, which is what he is now

and was when we traded a # 1 pick to get him: a backup QB who is far over the hill.

Thank you for making my point. If anyone here thinks Bledsoe is a problem with this team, then according to you they are a "moron."

55921[/snapback]

Wrong. Nice try. I think anyone who thinks Bledsoe is "THE" problem, not "A" problem, is a moron. I know full well that Bledsoe's lack of mobility is a problem. But anyone with half a brain should be able to tell that Evans and Bledsoe are now clicking and that Moulds is on his way to becoming one of the top three receivers in the NFL. Why? Because Drew has been getting them the ball. I'm looking forward to Loseman, but after seeing Evans blossom into a real live threat and seeing Moulds having a Pro Bowl year in progress, I want more Bledsoe because I think we're on the cusp of becoming a feared offense once more.

We will see how great he is when Buffalo funally cuts him loose and another

team picks him up. Someone probably will as a backup, which is what he is now

and was when we traded a # 1 pick to get him: a backup QB who is far over the hill.

55943[/snapback]

I never said Bledsoe was a great player. This is why I'm calling Bledsoe bashers moron's. Not only can't you see the games, you can't read either.

We all knew this team was going to play causiouly, keep it close, and win it in the end.

55932[/snapback]

Actually, I didn't know that. When we renegotiated our big-armed QB's multi-million dollar contract last season, I assumed we'd be averaging more than 10 points per game. Otherwise, why keep Drew on? Why not sign a Dilfer for $1 mill and use the rest of Drew's contract money to beef up the OL interior?

The Bledsoe Apologists are right, though, in the sense that Drew is not to blame for any of our offensive problems. TD ultimately is to blame for attempting to run a conservative, mistake-free offense by diverting the financial resources needed for players who can block to an expensive QB who can't succeed if a single blocking assignment fails in any given play.

I never said Bledsoe was a great player. This is why I'm calling Bledsoe bashers moron's. Not only can't you see the games, you can't read either.

56003[/snapback]

He is a BACKUP, get used to it. I don't recall a ton of teams lining up to get

him when New England was trying to trade him. He is a major problem with

this team and if you think a 28th ranked offense has nothing to do with a poorly

playing QB get off the board or pull your head out.

He is a BACKUP, get used to it.  I don't recall a ton of teams lining up to get

him when New England was trying to trade him.  He is a major problem with

this team and if you think a 28th ranked offense has nothing to do with a poorly

playing QB get off the board or pull your head out.

56017[/snapback]

Nice post...Oh wait, that makes me a moron too. :)

Wrong. Nice try. I think anyone who thinks Bledsoe is "THE" problem, not "A" problem, is a moron. I know full well that Bledsoe's lack of mobility is a problem. But anyone with half a brain should be able to tell that Evans and Bledsoe are now clicking and that Moulds is on his way to becoming one of the top three receivers in the NFL. Why? Because Drew has been getting them the ball. I'm looking forward to Loseman, but after seeing Evans blossom into a real live threat and seeing Moulds having a Pro Bowl year in progress, I want more Bledsoe because I think we're on the cusp of becoming a feared offense once more.

55983[/snapback]

Bledsoe is actually both "A" problem and "THE" problem at the same time.

He's only "A" problem in the way that numerous other Bills players are screwing up around him.

However, he's also "THE" problem in the way that a lot of our struggles on offense are due to the type of QB he is - one who only magnifies our blocking mistakes. When everything up front is well and clicking, Bledsoe can still be a Pro Bowler (evidence: first 8 games of 2002). However, when any sort of blocking begins to disintegrate, he will turn into the type of QB we've been used to seeing for the 27 regular season games since Drew initially faced off against Bill Bellysick.

Drew, while easy for defensive coordinators to game-plan against, can still take us to the playoffs this season or next if he has an outstanding corps of linemen (like top 10 NFL OL unit) and backfield blockers (fugging Henry and Shelton :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: ). This will not be a reality in the era of the salary cap, especially with the way our team is currently built.

So will making only one substitution - Drew for JP - make us a better offense? Probably not initially, but pretty soon - yes. JP thrived on plays breaking down in college, as do all of today's NFL playoff QB's who are without an absolutely dominant defense supporting them (and our Bills D is strong, but certainly not dominant).

"Big play offensive ability?" Sure, for a whopping 10 offensive points yesterday!

Are Henry and Wire big problems as well? Absolutely! But we all know Wire will sit as soon as Milloy gets healthy in the next 2 weeks. And no one is arguing that Henry isn't a liability. Henry's replacement is McGahee as soon as Willis gets back to 100% (assuming he does ever fully recover).

But the difference between guys like you and guys like me is that guys like you want to delay Bledsoe's heir - Losman - for as long as possible. Guys like you see Drew's improvements this season and believe he's a changed man who can take us to the playoffs next year or even this year; guys like me haven't seen enough improvement from Drew and still see many instances of his old bad habits.

By the way, Bledsoe's lack of mobility isn't the only problem. After all, Peyton Manning is immobile as well. But Peyton compensates with an uncanny ability to make the slightest steps within the backfield to evade horribly negative plays. Bledsoe, despite how hard he's been trying to get rid of the ball quicker, still reverts back to his old familiar ways - killing drives with mistakes at the worst time.

Things need to go perfectly well for Drew to succeed - no missed blocks, 5+ seconds of no pass rush, etc... so I ask you, a self-proclaimed "smart minded football fan," is it realistic to expect all (or hell, any?) football plays on offense to go as smoothly as they were designed?

55921[/snapback]

Kelso, I love your opinions and how you state them. When I say the same thing I get bombarded with insults and I dont know anything about football and worse. Go figure ? I'll let you respond to the Drew problem for me from now on.

So will making only one substitution - Drew for JP - make us a better offense? Probably not initially, but pretty soon - yes.

56071[/snapback]

Sorry about this. I didn't mean to say that Losman is going to be a definite, 100%, sure-fire NFL success. But I'm pretty sure Drew isn't the answer, and Losman may or may not be, so might as well find out ASAP, no?