Michael Haynes

jreed82

He is still relatively young, was a dominant player in college and might just need a change of address. He has to be better than Eric Powell.

I admit I am not all that familiar with his role with the Bears. Is it possible we could convert him into a DT to add to the rotation? I am sorry but Tim Anderson is brutal. I actually felt bad for him on a number of plays last Sunday. He is not that strong and has little to no agility.

The Saints already cut him this week.  So Jreed82 is advocating a guy who got cut by one team, picked up by another & got cut after 1 week in the season. 

No Thanks!

773479[/snapback]

Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up

The Saints already cut him this week.  So Jreed82 is advocating a guy who got cut by one team, picked up by another & got cut after 1 week in the season. 

No Thanks!

773479[/snapback]

Saints already have two #1 picks starting at DE, and Haynes was listed as questionable this week with a back injury. Plus, both their FBs were injured Sunday and could be out for the next 4-6 weeks, so they needed to clear a roster space (which they used to sign FB Vonta Leach).

That said, Haynes never lived up to expectations in Chicago. Sure, I'd bring him in for a workout (if/when he's healthy), but even though he's one of my Penn State guys, can't say as I'd offer him a contract on the spot...

That said, Haynes never lived up to expectations in Chicago. Sure, I'd bring him in for a workout (if/when he's healthy), but even though he's one of my Penn State guys, can't say as I'd offer him a contract on the spot...

773588[/snapback]

Considering that Juron was his HC at one point of time, he has a pretty good idea of what kind of player Haynes is. Pass rushers are at a premium in the NFL. We need to put the money down to get a top FA (Again no guarantees, with flops like Wiley, Kabeer Ga.... etc) or take a top notch DE from the draft.

First round flop or not, if he's not horrifically broken he's better depth than Eric Powell. Plus he can rotate in at 2 positions, DE and DT. It sounds like the Saints had to let him go because of injuries in toher places, same reason we had our Troy Vincent move this week. If Bowen were healthy Vincent isn't on IR, if the Saints didn't lose 2 FBs in one game Haynes is still on the squad.

No Thanks!

773479[/snapback]

I know what you are saying, but keep in mind, teams do this type of thing all of the time...they sign a marginal player to a minimal contract, and shortly afterwards, likely before the player is able to unpack his suitcase, they cut him, because they have an unforseen inury somewhere else...it is not necessarily a codemnation of the player, just that he hasn't been with the team long enough, so cutting him won't effect anything....remember LSU receiver Jerel Meyer? The Bills signed him, seriously, about 4 or 5 times in one season...he never played a down....

I read somewhere that the Jets brought him in today for a look-see.

774197[/snapback]

So, if the Jets sign him, will we have to put up with the 3rd Sign Michael Haynes thread of the season when they release him? Maybe it would be better if the Bills were the next team to sign & cut him just to stop these threads. :pirate:

The only thing I fear is that if we sign & cut him we'll get the "Why did we cut Haynes" or "Bring back Michael Haynes" threads

booya2 Posted Today, 12:40 PM

QUOTE(TheMadCap @ Sep 14 2006, 08:31 PM)

What can the former Fabulous Freebirds leader from Badstreet USA in Atlanta GA do for us???? I don't get it...     

MICHAEL PS HAYNES!!!! Now we're talkin... BAD STREET USA!!!! WHOOOOOO

It's Michael PS HAYES!!! :pirate:

Who were the other Freebirds? I know "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin came later, and Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy was a regular, but who else was there?