Michael Haynes

jreed82

So, if the Jets sign him, will we have to put up with the 3rd Sign Michael Haynes thread of the season when they release him?  Maybe it would be better if the Bills were the next team to sign & cut him just to stop these threads.  :pirate:

The only thing I fear is that if we sign & cut him we'll get the "Why did we cut Haynes" or "Bring back Michael Haynes" threads

774590[/snapback]

or whenever we don't apply enough pressure we could revive the TH/WM schtick...Haynes would have gotten the sack

First round flop or not, if he's not horrifically broken he's better depth than Eric Powell.  Plus he can rotate in at 2 positions, DE and DT.  It sounds like the Saints had to let him go because of injuries in toher places, same reason we had our Troy Vincent move this week.  If Bowen were healthy Vincent isn't on IR, if the Saints didn't lose 2 FBs in one game Haynes is still on the squad.

773963[/snapback]

I'll take Powell a lesser talent with heart and who gives 100% to a first round bust. Donahoe would sign Haynes, not Marv unless he has just been peppered with bad luck and Dick J wants (I'd be shocked). Plus unless he does play hard and runs fast he is not a DE in our scheme from what I know. Stretch for him to be a DT, I think.