4 Rookie starters?

It's OK. This way, they gain valuable experience on the job. Unlike JPL, this will continue for months, so they gain consistency and communication.

772150[/snapback]

Oh, this will make VABills very happy because he loves to hear how experience on the field makes a played better. :lol:

It actually is more than 4 rookies starting, if you consider that Whitner, Simpson, and Ellison will be playing most of the time, and Williams and McCargo will be rotating on the DL (I'd assume they'll be taking turns rotating, i.e. being paired with a veteran and not together too much, although that did happen a few times last Sunday). I would assume that Ellison will continue at WLB, where Crowell WAS starting, and that Crowell will continue to play SLB until Takeo returns.

So if Spikes and Vincent miss, we'll have Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Keith Ellison, and Kyle Williams on the field at one time?

Ouch... Although I think they can do it.

772122[/snapback]

Right now (on bb.com) Whitner is listed as the 3rd string SS, not the starter. But, i get your point.

Oh, this will make VABills very happy because he loves to hear how experience on the field makes a played better. :lol:

772153[/snapback]

I know. If only aaron Brookshad sat on the bench the first 6 years of his career. Do you know how amazing he'd be now? Peyton who?

So if Spikes and Vincent miss, we'll have Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Keith Ellison, and Kyle Williams on the field at one time?

772122[/snapback]

the one I would be most concerned with is Simpson simply because the FS is usually the last line of defense and if he makes a mistake it usually turns into a big play for the offense

think about it, with the exception of Ellison this is the best defensive lineup they can put on the field so why not play them. I would have preferred Simpson be eased into things this year but its obvious Vincent is done, he just cant stay healthy

772122[/snapback]

I have no problem with it, how many games have we won with the other two in the lineup over the last two seasons? We will miss Spikes, but I am not sure he will ever be the same again. Remember the old song "the hip bone is connected to the -----" when one has a material breakdown such as he did other parts of the body try to compensate, which increases the odds of failure in those other parts.

We might want to take a step back and give it some time before calling the 06 draft a good one.

Sadly, other players will get hurt (such as Spikes), and we cannot fill all of their spots with rookie defensive backs.  :(

772425[/snapback]

No, we start the DB's in place of all the hurt DB's. We have two hurt Safeties, and in the last game, McGee went out for a series. What's that mean? All 3 of our rookie DB's were forced into the line-up. Good thing we had em.