vincent placed on IR

Dan III

Or they figured that in 3-4 weeks Ko would be a better option anyway and they're keepinp Vincent around to help teach Ko and Donte?

Vincent didn't exactly have a great season last year either.

771772[/snapback]

The article attached to this thread claims that Vincent had a career high 102 tackles last year but as far as I can tell he only had 42 tackles. That's a pretty big discrepancy. Odd.

Vincent went to the Pro Bowl five consecutive years from 2000-2004 as a cornerback. He's played in 199 NFL games in his career and entered the 2006 season as the NFL leader in interceptions among active players with 47. He tied for the team lead in interceptions in 2005 with four and set a career high with 102 tackles for Buffalo last season.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article attached to this thread claims that Vincent had a career high 102 tackles last year but as far as I can tell he only had 42 tackles.  That's a pretty big discrepancy. Odd.

Vincent went to the Pro Bowl five consecutive years from 2000-2004 as a cornerback. He's played in 199 NFL games in his career and entered the 2006 season as the NFL leader in interceptions among active players with 47. He tied for the team lead in interceptions in 2005 with four and set a career high with 102 tackles for Buffalo last season.

771799[/snapback]

They were probably counting practice. He's a demon in practice.

Bills sign Leonard... http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4131

771804[/snapback]

Just saw that too. I really hope when Bowen gets healed they cast off Wire and let Leonhard stick.

BTW - is Bowen's injusry still considered a 'bone bruise'? Thought I saw someone throw out 'high ankle sprain' recently - that would be worse IMO (although it sure is taking a hell of a long time for this bone bruise to heal!)

I kind of like the way Leonhard plays -- in the little bit that I have seen him.

He reminds me a bit of Kelso or Steve Freeman. He seems to know how to play the game. The question is whether he has the physical tools. He also seems to be a pretty good special teams player.

I kind of like the way Leonhard plays -- in the little bit that I have seen him.

He reminds me a bit of Kelso or Steve Freeman.  He seems to know how to play the game.  The question is whether he has the physical tools.  He also seems to be a pretty good special teams player.

771818[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken, he did a bunch of kick/punt returning in college. Not sure where I heard that.

Let's just hire Vincent as a coach now.

771729[/snapback]

No way could I see him taking the job. He is a very successful businessman off the field. He is going after corporate America after he hangs his cleats up for good.

My thought is that the Bills really wanted a roster spot, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Bills come to an injury settlement and still part ways with TV in the near future. I do think him being around Donte as much as possible is very beneficial.