Time to play, "Who blew it!" Who underachieved

Oneonta Buffalo Fan

I need Moss to outscore Tomlinson in one league and Jordan to score a couple times in my other to avoid 0-2 on top of heartbreaking Syracuse/Buffalo losses....awesome weekend!

Palmer/Horn/McGahee didn't do much but overall not bad outings from my teams. It's just mind-boggling that every week every year, my opponent has a bunch of players going against the 49ers. Pretty much a given that I'll be playing whoever has Shaun Alexander when they play SF both times without looking at the schedule.

Driver had a nice game but good God he's not going to make it to October if Favre keeps hanging him out to dry a half dozen times per game. On a related note I think I'm picking up the Saints D next week and whoever plays the Packers for the rest of the year.

Delhomme and Plummer, on the same team no less. But that team also has Gore (moster day) and the kicker Wilkins who put 6 FGs through. I crushed the guy I was matched up with 107 to 43, and didn't need either QB, nor Housh. No way I'll survive the season with crap play out of those two QBs, but if they were going to suck, this was the week to do it.

I got my a$$ handed to me yesterday because the team I played against had the Ravens DST. Friggin 30 points off top they got :( . Then, in the other league, I lost because the New York Giants gave Brandon Jacobs the ball on the goal line instead of Tiki. The guy also had Jeff Wilkins on his team ;) . 20 points from a friggin kicker :doh:

The only league that counts ($$)- Lee Evans and Reggie Wayne. We use IDP's as well and I had Nate Clements for my DB. 1 pt for 1 tackle isn't very impressive for someone playing for a big contract. Still won though, thanks for asking. DE Justin Smith played huge which also added to my Cinci Def score, Kurt Warner was a stud, and Wilkins kicked out of his mind (he missed one or he would have had over 30 pts). Gotta like the return of Fred Taylor too.

The fun leagues (free) - Put me on the I hate Jake bandwagon. :( In one of my leagues he actually got -2 pts!

Alexander, Cadillac, and Droughns also shat the bed. Jurevicius gets hurt on the first play and was gone. ;)

Lee Evans, Randy McMichael, Roy Williams.

I still have a lead by 7 points though going into tnight with LT running and the Redskins D against the Vikes.

I benched Driver for Evans (backfired), I benched Heath Miller for McMichael (huge backfire to the tune of 20 points). I got it all back with solid performances from McNabb (26pts) and Ronnie Brown (18pts).

I feel sorry for anyone that had Plummer. I have never seen anyone get negative points before.

For as much as I agonized who to start...plummer or delhomme...I guess it really didnt matter!

FWIW, I started plummer, but delhomme had the better game pointswise

769948[/snapback]

you should never have to agonize on who to start, unless it is the end of the year shananagins.

You drafted a starter - play a starter (until that starter has shown unworthy).

you should never have to agonize on who to start, unless it is the end of the year shananagins.

I dont disagree....but Who is my starter?!

I guess you would say delhomme...but marginal improvement over Plummer at best. Steve Smith was out and they were playing a very good atlanta defense. Plummer seemed like the smarter play.

Crazy isnt it?  A run of the mill kicker outscores one of the best QBs in the game.  Odd 1st week

770119[/snapback]

If I had an even slightly below average week out of Palmer, and Wilkins had the avereage 7-9 pts from a kicker, I would have won....

As it was Palmer & Evans combined for 5 points in my league, while my opponent got 21 from Wilkins!!!! :angry:

Just like in the real league, the first two weekends are usually full of abberations like this! I am not sweating it yet!

K Wilkins had 21 points for me and my team has scored the most points going into Mondays games. I won 88.98 - 49.82

My team

QB D. McNabb

(Phi - QB) 22.63

WR S. Smith

(Car - WR) 0.00

WR H. Ward

(Pit - WR) 8.65

WR E. Moulds

(Hou - WR) 9.40

RB W. Parker

(Pit - RB) 6.40

RB C. Dillon

(NE - RB) 4.75

TE B. Troupe

(Ten - TE) 1.15

K J. Wilkins

(StL - K) 21.00

DEF Atlanta

(Atl - DEF) 15.00

Opponent:

QB D. Bledsoe

(Dal - QB) 5.07

WR C. Chambers

(Mia - WR) 2.95

WR Ro. Williams

(Det - WR) 1.80

WR J. Galloway

(TB - WR) 0.00

RB C. Williams

(TB - RB) 2.35

RB S. Jackson

(StL - RB) 7.00

TE J. Witten

(Dal - TE) 1.65

K N. Rackers

(Ari - K) 10.00

DEF Chicago

(Chi - DEF) 19.00

K Wilkins had 21 points for me and my team has scored the most points going into Mondays games. I won  88.98 - 49.82

My team

QB D. McNabb

(Phi - QB)    22.63

WR S. Smith

(Car - WR)  0.00

WR H. Ward

(Pit - WR) 8.65

WR E. Moulds

(Hou - WR)  9.40

RB W. Parker

(Pit - RB)  6.40

RB C. Dillon

(NE - RB)  4.75

TE B. Troupe

(Ten - TE)  1.15

K J. Wilkins

(StL - K)  21.00

DEF Atlanta

(Atl - DEF)  15.00

Opponent:

QB D. Bledsoe

(Dal - QB)  5.07

WR C. Chambers

(Mia - WR)  2.95

WR Ro. Williams

(Det - WR)  1.80

WR J. Galloway

(TB - WR)  0.00

RB C. Williams

(TB - RB)  2.35

RB S. Jackson

(StL - RB)  7.00

TE J. Witten

(Dal - TE)  1.65

K N. Rackers

(Ari - K)  10.00

DEF Chicago

(Chi - DEF)  19.00

770369[/snapback]

Wow! You have a great team! Your opponent, however has a crap team...other than the Bears defense, and maybe Witten, Cadillac and Bledsoe every once in a while, the rest of those guys are not good starts most weeks...

770006[/snapback]

[/quot

Damn straight! You start tooling around because your player had a bad week then you will lose! Play the odds and ALWAYS start the top 50 players against ANY "D" and it will eventually pan out!

Lamont Jordan come on down, you're the next contestant on 'Who blew it'!

:D

770759[/snapback]

I asked this in an earlier post, and nobody commented....but what did Lamont Jordan do last year, that his stock was so high this season? I felt like I missed something...a lazy RB, on a very bad team is not a good mix....

I asked this in an earlier post, and nobody commented....but what did Lamont Jordan do last year, that his stock was so high this season?  I felt like I missed something...a lazy RB, on a very bad team is not a good mix....

770787[/snapback]

He's good because he's a dual-threat RB, receiving and rushing, which adds to his point total as a fantasy RB.

That being said, the Raiders are overall worse then anyone expected I think.

I asked this in an earlier post, and nobody commented....but what did Lamont Jordan do last year, that his stock was so high this season?  I felt like I missed something...a lazy RB, on a very bad team is not a good mix....

770787[/snapback]

I never heard anything about him being lazy; but he looked it on some of those plays. "I'll pretend to sort of block this guy and loaf out into the flat but not really run a route or look for the ball". WTF dude; the Chargers did have the #1 run D though so I'm hoping it's an abberation. Bad news is they play Baltimore next week. Good news is I have Baltimore's defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.