Renting a RV for a Bills game?

mrjsbu96

sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, but I was wondering if anyone out there has ever rented a RV for a Bills game? Either drove in and stayed in the RV lot, or drove in to Buffalo and then picked up one locally?

I am driving in from Jersey for the opener and was trying to get any idea of cost, etc with renting one locally for the weekend and staying at the Ralph? Plus, I thought it would be hilarous to take it to the golf course Saturday afternoon and to Canada on Saturday night....

sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, but I was wondering if anyone out there has ever rented a RV for a Bills game?  Either drove in and stayed in the RV lot, or drove in to Buffalo and then picked up one locally? 

I am driving in from Jersey for the opener and was trying to get any idea of cost, etc with renting one locally for the weekend and staying at the Ralph?  Plus, I thought it would be hilarous to take it to the golf course Saturday afternoon and to Canada on Saturday night....

763212[/snapback]

6 Words....

And then to Seductions and Sundowner

sorry if this should be posted elsewhere, but I was wondering if anyone out there has ever rented a RV for a Bills game?  Either drove in and stayed in the RV lot, or drove in to Buffalo and then picked up one locally? 

I am driving in from Jersey for the opener and was trying to get any idea of cost, etc with renting one locally for the weekend and staying at the Ralph?  Plus, I thought it would be hilarous to take it to the golf course Saturday afternoon and to Canada on Saturday night....

763212[/snapback]

I'm not sure you're allowed in-n-out rights once you arrive at RWS with an RV.

Myers is the sponser for the RV lot, they should be the first to contact about rentals.

There's also Cruise America, they have locations in NY/NJ.

it's just something we've always wanted to do - we drive in late friday and usually pass by the Ralph just to check out the RV lot and see if there is any drinking going on already! Between the costs of a hotel, etc, this seemed like something new!

Thanks for the CruiseAmerica site - looks like we could pick on up in Scranton and it would cost about $900 for three days...plus gas though!

I wonder if Myers rents them for just the day/night?

763212[/snapback]

We rented one way back in da day, and i mean way back, like fall of 91 when the Bills opened agaisn't Pittsburgh, Beebe i think had 4 tds or something. I went to school in Western PA, had moved to DC and we had I think 9 people for the trip.Me being the only Bills fan on the way up was miserable, but the ride back was o so sweet!!!!! Think the Bills won something like 42-21.

Anyway, we had a blast. Didn't go into Canada, but spent the night in Allentown at the Brick. One word of advice, those things do not lock to up to well, (at least 15 yrs ago they didn't) and someone broke into the thing whilst we were having adult beverages at the brick bar.

Drove to the stadium about 2.00 am, parked in some grass lot , paid the man in the morning. Was cool waking up at the stadium, but dam did that head get nasty quick!!!!!!!!!!!

No showers, but we was drinking at 7.30AM, so sence of smell was gone anyway.

Can't remeber the cost, but prolly wouldn't be relevant now anyway.

Only suggestion i would make is get one that a friggen dish on the top.

Oh, you may want to check whether you can bring a rented RV into Canada, both from the rental company and customs perspective.

Overall, I say DO IT!!!!!!

it's just something we've always wanted to do - we drive in late friday and usually pass by the Ralph just to check out the RV lot and see if there is any drinking going on already!  Between the costs of a hotel, etc, this seemed like something new! 

Thanks for the CruiseAmerica site - looks like we could pick on up in Scranton and it would cost about $900 for three days...plus gas though! 

I wonder if Myers rents them for just the day/night?

763708[/snapback]

I don't think Myers is in the rental business at all.

Whats a good place around Buffalo to rent one? We live here, but kinda wanted to get 5 or 6 of us to go in on one together for a game.

What does it cost for a loaded one for 2 or 3 days?

763976[/snapback]

I never ended up doing it, but 5+ years ago, I was looking at renting one from uhaul for a game. I don't think they do it anymore, but you can give them a call.