Lock of the Week

Rico

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't pick Ronnie Brown because I am sure that in short yardage situations Murlarkey will either: bring in the third down back, or throw the play fake pass to the fullback.

763719[/snapback]

I didnt pick ronnie brown because he was a dolphin. No Fish and no Patriots on my fantasy team. I would rather lose the league than cheer for the enemy. NEVER!

I didnt pick ronnie brown because he was a dolphin. No Fish and no Patriots on my fantasy team. I would rather lose the league than cheer for the enemy. NEVER!

763813[/snapback]

I'll still be pleased if the Fish struggle this year and don't score much. But if they do play well on offense I still benifit from it. It's a win/win situation.

Games like this usually go down the tubes. Bookies don't just give money away.

Cincy is as strong as hell, and KC is just plain bad, AND they went from Dick Vermeil to a pitiful head coach. I seriously believe that KC might lose more games than the Bills, and they are actually giving points!??

The Chiefs are my best bet of the week.  :)  :P  :)

763718[/snapback]

Yeah, leading a team to the playoffs 3 out of 4 seasons is pitiful. :P Also, if Doug Brien makes two of his game winning attempts, the Jets were playing for a chance to go to a Super Bowl.

His loved by his players and is one of the most honest and straight forward coaches in the league. I would take him in a heartbeat as the Bills coach.

From another thread, but I'd like to see what all you ramblers and gamblers are thinking.

I say take the Squeelers -1 at home over the Felons tomorrow night, even without Big Ben & Ward. Just look at this article & The Meathead's mug... then remember the last week of the 2004 season if you need further convincing.

763062[/snapback]

CHA-CHING! :doh::P:lol:

Dunce-te looked pretty Drewish at the end of the game. :D Felons are going nowhere.

Golic said he doesn't like the Pats to cover 9.

I'm with him. Bills cover spread, if not a win.

764825[/snapback]

WOAH, Who are you and what did you do with Joe?

That's the most optimism I've heard out of you in months. :doh:

WOAH, Who are you and what did you do with Joe?

That's the most optimism I've heard out of you in months. :doh:

764836[/snapback]

I'm feeling better after seeing JP's play in the preseason.

I was worried about the OL, still am kind of, but let's see.

They need one of the first two to be in good shape, IMO.

Cincy getting points in KC. Like Christmas in September.

[/b]

763178[/snapback]

:doh: Betting against KC when they're giving less than a FG at home is good if you hate $.

I love the Lions getting 6.5 vs. Seattle; and also the Rams getting 3.5 vs. Denver.

Both games are like the Rams-49ers opener last year....overrated teams giving too many points on the road.

:doh:  Betting against KC when they're giving less than a FG at home is good if you hate $.

764886[/snapback]

FWIW, WR Houshmanzedah (heel) and LB David Pollack (hamstring) are likely scratched. Free agent WR Antonio Chatman has been out during the pre-season, so the B'gals have only 4 healthy wr's.

RB Chris Perry has been PUP'd.

CB Delthea O'Neal (knee) will be replaced by rookie Jonathan Joseph.

FWIW, WR Houshmanzedah (heel) and LB David Pollack (hamstring) are likely scratched. Free agent WR Antonio Chatman has been out during the pre-season, so the B'gals have only 4 healthy wr's.

RB Chris Perry has been PUP'd.

CB Delthea O'Neal (knee) will be replaced by rookie Jonathan Joseph.

764910[/snapback]

Now I feel even better about the Chiefs. Not that I root for injuries or anything, but TJ Housh was drafted insanely high in both of my fantasy drafts. I'll take Lee Evans 4 rounds later and get almost the same production, thanks.

Also, Chris Chambers ahead of Randy Moss seems to be an interesting new trend this year.

:doh:  Betting against KC when they're giving less than a FG at home is good if you hate $.

I love the Lions getting 6.5 vs. Seattle; and also the Rams getting 3.5 vs. Denver.

Both games are like the Rams-49ers opener last year....overrated teams giving too many points on the road.

764886[/snapback]

I like the Denver game. That one could be an upset. I think taking Denver is a good pick.

764886[/snapback]

To me, the thing that separates these two teams is offense. Both have crappy defenses, so both will put points on the board. But in the end, Palmer and Johnson will end up outscoring Herm Edwards.

If the Dolphins have 1st and goal at the Steelers 3 yard line and run it in, I'm going to fly over there and kick Mularkey's ass.

763163[/snapback]

They did, but MM still had to gimmick it up by running a quick trap to 'fullback' Ronnie Brown.

I like the following:

Seattle (-6) will cover @Detroit

Philly (-4.5) will cover @Houston

KC-Cincy OVER (46)

6 point tease- Buffalo (+15) AND over (35)

I am lukewarm about the following:

Carolina (-5) should cover at home vs. Atlanta

Denver (-4) should cover @St. Louis

New Orleans (+3) @Cleveland

Lock of the Week - Hands Down....

Take Tennessee minus the 2 1/2 at home against the Jets.

The Jets are brutal. To compound thier brutal-ness, they are young. To compound that even more they will start two rookies on the offensive line on the road. They have no deep threat on their WR corps and a limp arm QB.

That spells disaster. I don't care who they are playing.

Bet the house, kids, and your wife's new fake boobies on Tennessee to cover that. Easily.

Then, tease Tennessee to plus 4 1/2 along with Arizona down to -1 and go buy yourself a new 52 inch plasma TV at Best Buy with your winnings and call me and thank me later.

Good Luck!

Nobody mentioned Tenn over the Jets. The Jets may finish with the worst record in the NFL and they will definately not open up on the road with a win. The spread is 2.5 and I think Tenn wins by double digits.

You cant forget about the Irish home opener against Joe Pa and the Lions. ND rolls to 2-0.