peter king parrotting his normal crap

todd

WOW Great insight Peter! Last year's playoffs were some of the best Hockey I've seen in years. Small market or not this is a stupid statement. Look at your TV package NHL, not the market size!

761686[/snapback]

So your opinion differs from his. Since King's information comes from someone in the business I would have to say his is a bit more credible. :(

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A well respected football writer would be making things up? Why?

Where there is smoke there is fire.  :doh:

761364[/snapback]

After watching training camp and the preseason, I can't really see how their is a QB rift in the locker room. Then again we are relying on the intellect of football players. :(

Peter King is becoming as irrelevant in the internet age as his magazine SI HAS become (and that includes the swimsuit issue).  About all these "experts" are good for anyway is reporting on stuff, and when they can't even get THAT right, you know their time has passed.

761628[/snapback]

The "experts" are good for getting a lot of people in here riled up when they write something bad about the Bills. To those people, the "experts" are very much relevant. :(

I'm not a PK hater, but he does throw a lot of crap out there and never gets called on it because people just forget. That line about JP was pure BS and makes it obvious that he hasn't spent 30 seconds looking into the Bills except for his early training camp visit. There is no way anyone in his right mind could look at the mini-camps, training camp, and pre-season games and not think that JP outplayed KH by a mile, vets included.

PK was right on with his Tony Roma BS too. He got his 1 week of buzz out of it though.

RTB

You guys are funny. :doh:

You believe that Peter King has nothing better to do then pine about the Bills starting QB?

I guess having a drooling idiot like Larry Felser spoon feeding you what you want to hear makes you happy. Or warped your senses.

Peter King is as solid a football writer as there is. Considering he has actually talks to players and coaches around the league. I would say it gives him a ton more credibility then sports fans around here are used to.  :angry:

761595[/snapback]

Ok, I think I know who the drooling idiot is here...

(and for the record it isn't the award winning, previous sports editor of one of the largest circulated newspapers, hall of fame comittee member journalist who is the only reporter to have covered every single super bowl)

;)

Ok, I think I know who the drooling idiot is here...

(and for the record it isn't the award winning, previous sports editor of one of the largest circulated newspapers, hall of fame comittee member journalist who is the only reporter to have covered every single super bowl)

;)

762334[/snapback]

Just back from a feeding? :angry:

All you need to do is ask yourself:

What current Bills player in their right mind would possibly want KH to start for the team while factoring in his performance throughout practice, camp and the pre-season?

Somebody (TD, Moulds  ;) ) is dishing out some seriously out-dated information.

761783[/snapback]

More to the point, even a schmoe like me can see that Holcomb just is not the right quarterback for the offensive scheme we're going to run. Even if you like Holcomb's experience, he now is actually LESS experienced than JP with the new scheme simply because JP got a majority of the reps.

Peter King is simply trying to fill space.

Loved him in "The Longest Yard," though. :angry:

Whatever happened to journalism? PK and the rest of the "experts" spew opinion not fact. With the Internet, 300 cable channels, satellite radio, sports radio, etc. these idiots want to be noticed.

They couldn't care less if the information is true. They only want attention.

Does anyone remember Tom Jackson on ESPN saying the Patriots players hated Belichick after you guys kicked the crap out of us in 2003?

Where did you get that info TJ? Certainly not from the Pats players.

Peter King is no different than most sports journalists...and I use the term "journalist" verrrry loosely! He's more concerned about the menu of the press box buffet than getting his facts straight. And why not? When do any of these lardbutts get called out for being wrong? It's the greatest job in the world. Make up crap, and get paid!

PTR

You guys are funny. ;)

You believe that Peter King has nothing better to do then pine about the Bills starting QB?

I guess having a drooling idiot like Larry Felser spoon feeding you what you want to hear makes you happy. Or warped your senses.

Peter King is as solid a football writer as there is. Considering he has actually talks to players and coaches around the league. I would say it gives him a ton more credibility then sports fans around here are used to.  :angry:

761595[/snapback]

I agree with whoever said he's a glorified gossip columnist. However, it is pathetic that people are getting worked up over this. I mean did everyone think that he sucked in 2003 when he picked us to go to the SB, or any other year in the last 5 when he thought we were a playoff team?

Are you a bitter old man or do you just play one online? :wacko:

762653[/snapback]

No, he isn't bitter. He just can't formulate a counter argument, and relies on (poor) one-liners when confronted with fact.

He represents all that is awry with the internet. He is a troll. :wacko: